OOG merchant coming IG....

BriteMoore

Heya all!

My name is James, and I'm a LARPer. :D Introductions aside, I'm also bringing an OOG "renfair goods" company to this event- with permission of your friendly staff. I've done this at many of the LARP events I've played (especially the Ohio Alliance chapter), and am excited at the chance to do so this weekend with you all! For me, it's a chance to LARP, offer things to folks at less than "festival" prices, and have the boss pay my game and travelling expenses! :cool: For you all, hopefully it's a chance to bring some ambiance into the game, add something to the event, and maybe pick something up and save some cash over what you'd spend at most renfairs! I've posted a notice on the IG board about this, but here's a better listing of what I'm bringing my first time around:

-plate armor and steel helmet phys-reps (including a plate bikini top) :p
-chain mail phys-reps (also including bikini) ;)
-leather armor phys-reps (sorry, no bikinis here) :cry:
-flags, banners and tapestries
-cloaks, dresses, shirts, tunics, chemises, leggings, and several other types of garb
-belt pouches, potion pouches, coin pouches, gloves, gauntlets, sword hangers, skirt hangers, and other types of leather gear usable by a LARPer
-various things of interest to the stereotypical "adventurer" (grappling hooks, spyglasses, trap tools, goblets, chests, etc)
-Actual Lock Picks- since Illinois law allows them, they're coming with me! Yes, I have an instruction manual or two...
-Latex weapon phys-reps. I know Chicago currently doesn't allow them, but some chapters do (like Ohio) and some folks just want to see them...
-Various IG items as well (see the IG posting for most of these- tags are available for those items)
-Also, I have some skill at chain mail and leather crafting myself, and I will have my toolboxes with me for those needing minor repairs or special things

If there's something specific you're curious about, or just have questions, contact me either by board or PM. I'll do my best to respond as quickly as I can...

Sincerely,
James Moore
The Dragon's Hoard

This guys is a lot of fun at events and has a nice selection of stuff. I highly recommend everybody stop by his tables at least once and look over the stuff.

You can be my new best friend.

I've been wanting to do some ren shopping so badly, you have no idea- and it's still gonna be months before ours opens yet.

So, yay- chemises fur mich! I'll certainly be stopping by. :D

I already have all the chemises I need, but I'm always on the look out for new things to add that might be more in line with my style :mrgreen:

Sounds awesome man! I am excited to see you at game, and what you have to offer!

-Brent

taking cash and checks for most items. With luck, the bank will <FINALLY> get around to giving us our credit card machine and such, but I'm still waiting for now (Pout). I can hold things for folks to go to an atm, assuming there's either one nearby or where-ever we stop for lunch on sunday after event.

IG items will, of course, be paid for using such currency. Small dollar items, and things I personally make, I am willing to do some barter with if folks want ( taking some/all of the OOG cost off in exchange for IG currency/ items), but this is on a case-by-case basis. Basically, I'm buying the item at my discount, and then trading to you personally for things I - or my character- might value. Some folks like this as they have more IG cash to spend than OOG....

Hope this helps, and I'll post a notice if the bank gets our credit card machine to us before I leave friday (Not that it's been awhile already.....) :cry:

It is with serious regrets and a heavy heart that I must announce we will NOT be attending this event after all. A vehicular problem arose this afternoon, and despite my attempts to remedy it, we simply have no way to get from cincinnati, ohio to the event at this time. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause anyone, and I also apologize to the wonderful folks who were giving us set-up space and a place to crash. Many, many thanks to you all!!

With any good fortune, I may be able to attend the summer events, but in any case I hope to see at least some of you at the national event this september in Ohio. Hope you enjoy the event, and know that I'll be wishing I was there slaying undead at your side with my fighter! :x

Sincerely,

James Moore
The Dragon's Hoard

Back