Opener favorites

Lanna Rose

Fighter
First off thank you Robb for writing this amazing weekend. This was so much fun!!

THANK YOU NPC's !!!

Now my favs!!!

Making fun of Yovon(sp?) in the healer's guild. Pew pew!

Stick bugs!!! Omg there were so many this weekend!

Finaly meeting Luka! Omg Maggie I love you!

The songs. I have so many of them stuck in my head!

Lizard eggs... When a lady lizard wants to make lizard babies she gathers three lizard men together and has them 'keep her warm'

Dmitri asking Lanna to wander with him. Kevin I love you that was awsome!!

All the Romai!! Omg it was awsome!!

Getting to be the only mages guild member there to pull Nathan out of the crypt. That was an amazing feeling for Lanna. 'Lanna?? You're not here. You're away.' 'No Nathan I'm right here.'

In general it was the best weekend Ive had at HQ yet.

THANK YOU NPC's. I dont think we can thank you enough for making the game what it is.

Angel

THANK YOU NPC'S, STAFF, & THE AMAZING WRITERS OF THE WEEKEND!! I had a great time and think it was a wonderful way to start off the season! Thank you to our wonderful players and my awesome friends, you made me laugh, cry, rage, swoon, etc!

So favorites:

The events of Friday night - wow, there isn't much I can say here, cause I'd like to see how it all plays on...but wow. Thank you. Seeing for a moment the look of my friends' faces, watching the events transpire, unable to help. Thank you for the absolute immersion of the scene and the feeling of pain as I clawed and dragged myself away from the terror...just not far enough.

The amazing roleplay of my fellows when they woke to the reality of what happened. Chad & Cortni, you guys are awesome. I love how you just let your characters get lost in their natural reactions. Risi, your rp just makes me smile, I am sorry your char is a bit messed up now - but knowing that she was so affected was awesome. Andros...trying to cover my corpse and wash the blood from my face, while realizing how horrible the wounds were.

The spectacle on Friday night was amazing! Robb, you are awesome & the NPC's were amazing. I couldn't move in that time stop but I TOTALLY DIDN'T WANT TO LOOK AT THE CREEPY MASKED THINGS!

Coming into game Saturday as Aishling, seeing Flint and catching up for a bit then when he looked and read a scroll. I smiled so big my face hurt! She was so happy her gift meant so much to him.

Dancing & singing goblins & kobolds...uhm...need there be any other comment? Just look at the picture of Toddy dancing on the bench. :D

Scott K. I absolutely love roleplaying with you and it kills me that Aishling is as wary of Faust as she is. You scared the crap out of her on the battlefield when you came up and started speaking to her, the thoughts of "be respectful, don't be rude, don't look him in the eye for too long, do NOT tick him off! - he's the king of his kind..." were making the forming of sentences a bit harder than anticipated. I really wanted you to know how much I enjoy getting to roleplay with you.

This favorite is kind of very personal with Aishling...but she was so attached to her Vales and her people and the loss of her connection or ability to reach her people and homeland has been a heavy experience. Her emotions are a little closer to the surface now and the involvement in MWE plot and the continued interactions with the people of Icenia has tested her previous cool & controlled demeanor, & brought out a warmth and attempt to comfort and lend words of wisdom.

MWE plot and the insane range of emotions it causes.

Kelly Allard. Your roleplay with Lia (Aara) is amazing. I enjoyed every moment. The various people that got to interact with her and try to deal with the reality of what was going on with who they knew and who she is now...just awesome. Thank you for letting me be a part of it.

This is listed as a favorite because it was so intense. Aishling found out about Ryban's death late late Saturday night and couldn't hold back the tears. Then the developments of the weekend's plot got fleshed out and then coming to a decision to fight to wipe "the Imposter" from any record or mention.

The last fight and trying to stay away from Tragedy (cause I was pretty certain that thing meant business) but realizing that didn't stop Baron Harrison from running in and getting taken down. There was a momentary thought of "silly youngling" before Aishling had to make a decision to go up and try to get to him or at least ensure his defense. That fight was good and eventhough I got engulfed I really enjoyed myself.

The weekend as a whole was wonderful for so many reasons but I cannot thank staff and plot and contributors enough for a wonderfully memorable weekend.

Putting this into words that make sense might be a challenge after this weekend ;)

> Getting to see everyone again! I was so happy to get to spend some time with a lot of the folks who have made my game cool over the years.
> Actually finding a way to play one of my favorite characters again - even if she is a little .. out of sorts...
> Having a babysitter!!!
> A huge thank you to the plot staff for taking the time to read my ridiculous 22 page history and for not being too critical of it :)
Lia: "No, my name is Lia"
Dan:"OOG do I see Aara??"
Kelly: "Oh yeah"
Rorii: "You just look exactly like someone I used to know."
Lia: "People keep telling me that, but I am not someone else, I am me"
Rorii: "I think we might need to talk..."
* Aishling understanding Lia's need to hear the "song of the trees" and her awesome realization that she was trapped in the spring lands.
* The realization that Lia is ... and isn't Aara. Thanks everyone for not killing her on site :)
* Alor, Rhys and Amaranthus trying to figure out what she does and doesn't know
* Amaranthus constantly being shocked at how little she remembered
* Breaking Rhys
* Faust: "Lia, are you having memory problems?"
Lia: No - Rhys & Alor in unison: YES!
* Alor hiding the candle when Lia went blank after Aishling broke down over Ryban's death.
* Deladur's kneel at the end of the event - seriously brought me back to the old days when Ahurak used to kneel whenever he saw me when I was just a squire...
* Coggin - dude - you look great! Sorry we didn't get to interact too much IG, but I wanted to say HI!
* The realization that Harrison needed her help, and that she felt compelled to help him, even after the "living guards" wouldn't let her help bring the spirits back from the "fog"
* Lia thinking that kneeling was a strange greeting and returning the gesture (since it's only polite in foreign lands)
* Little MWE whose mod I totally spiked (I don't know your name because I suck!) but congrats on getting to play with an awesome plot item early career - thanks for having fun with us & not freaking too much when we sort of tripled your apl...
* Getting to have Lia fall back into trusting the people she used to trust completely.
* The look in Harrison's eyes when he realized that Lia was not Aara
* HALLUCINATE! Best idea ever - even if I wanted to hug the heart-eaters... Amaranthus letting me pet is fuzzy, glittery horned, unicorn self... And Deladur making a very bad orange. At least the trees were singing. ;)
* Lia: "I like your shirt!"
Drifa: "I'm wearing a shirt?"
Pointing to leather bra, Lia: "Isn't that what you call that?"
Drifa: "It's a something..."
Lia: "Oh, I like your something then!"
* Deladur - you rocked it - thanks for hanging with us, and for being an epic jerk with us. It was a good time :)
* My favorite Lia-isms:
>Dwarf runs off into battle after just getting lifed - "How could anyone be foolish enough to put themselves and their friends in more
danger by running into battle unhealed?"
>Amaranthus says he wants to forge to a fighter - "I couldn't imagine a life without the earth, just swinging blades all the time seems like
it would be unfulfilling"
>To Harrison - "It is a good thing that you do, leading these people, I could never do what you do."

I know there are many more for me, because I really had a great time - despite having to squash the urge to bark out orders... :) I hope I didn't annoy anyone too much!

What an awesome event! Thanks to the NPCs and Robb/Amanda and everyone who put a whole load of work into making it come out so well! :D

Here are a few of my favs:

-LANNA LANNA LANNA LANNA. DID I MENTION LANNA? PYEW PYEW STICK BUGS! I am pretty certain that Luka is going to love you FOREVER.

-Delightfully epic song-accompanied wave battle between Oliver and Gwen's circles of power. Just a really awesome image along with freaking DELIGHTFUL battle music. It totally got me going!

-Can I talk about how horrifying Tom's tail-less baby Sarr thing is? Because I am horrified, and I love every moment of it. Spawning out of peoples' shadows = FAV.

-Getting to muck around town with all my favorite Rom! Never a dull moment when there are filthy things to be joked about, am I right?

-Speaking of filthy things, I will never get tired of hanging out with Larien and Balls in the Healer's Guild XD

-Singing a duet with Amelia, hurrah! <3 The image of Ren and her poor singing-backlash is in my lol-bank forever now. (Amelia, I will have you know that no fewer than two folks asked if Ren and Luka were "involved" after that! I told you! XD)

-Mike, you are a beautiful angel for creating the fishbowl that allowed me to pour Berzerk elixirs into all of the drinks and LARIEN'S BROWNIES, AHAHA XD I can't believe I got away with that! ...It did, however, mean that Grim punched me in the boobs.

This event was amazing. I was so happy to see so many familiar faces and a lot of new ones. I think I got a lot closer to you guys this event then I have in many of the past times I have been here.

So as for my favorites. Being one of the monstrous orcs. It's just hilarious seeing Pc's beating up on each other. Plus, who can turn down watching a wrestling match? ~ Not me!

Going into the tavern as a chef assistant. Although I did hours on end of cleaning.. the conversations with Ket and the Reginald in and out of game were great. I laughed, I was surprised, I had fun. Thank you!

Going to eat as Sammy the little girl. Flint made her cry and in my opinion it was hilarious. "Are you guys walking home?" "Yes" "Let me walk you two home. There are a lot of scary monsters out there." "Monsters!?" -cry- ~Well, something along those lines.

I'm not sure what to write. I've thanked everyone who helped make this event a reality in other posts or at the event, but I'll point out a few more i may have neglected. My thanks go out to, and my favorite parts of the event were:

Brian Whitham drove from the DC area to NPC for me and rocked the house.

Jinu Kang came up (completely surprising us) and was a huge asset to our Mod-team and wave battles.

I've already thanks Jesse G. but I'll do it again because I really don't think this weekend would have been as magical or entertaining or instructive for me if he hadn't come. He, Scott, and Patrick are my LARPing mentors and Jesse taught me alot this weekend.

Mike S. for statting!!! huge thank you for that help man. And for running your mods. PCs love mods. It was great to be able to run multiple mods in the same area at the same time without either of them interfering with each other.

ALL PEOPLE WHO WENT TO THE WORK WEEKENDS. The wall at logistics looks great. The bunks in NPC camp ARE FANTASTIC. it sounds silly, but bunks in NPC camp help to make the event feel like the old days again.

Bobby and Danielle for running the guild. you guys did awesome!!!

Amelia for playing all of our crazy characters, singing, dancing, keeping me up late talking about star trek, and being an awesome BBG2.0 after the PCs kicked my BBG1.0 to pieces Saturday night.

All the PCs for getting involved in the plot, caring about it, and joining in the singing and dancing! Amanda and I were blown away with the HUGE force of singers at the crypt who came to rescue all the wounded while the rest of the town fought to keep the hoards at bay. you guys rocked that tune and broke some serious ancient magic!

All the PCs who jumped the fence to increase our numbers temporarily. You guys made our battles much more epic.

Just hearing all the positive feedback while the event was progressing. It was a driving force for all of our NPCs. We know we were limited in number, but we heard so many compliments that we were all really happy and kept running right back out to try to do more.

Thank you to the PCs for letting us TimeStop you. I was worried we might upset some folks or have some talkative people when we did this.. but we didn't. you guys are great sports and we hope you understand why we chose that mechanic.

Toddy's comments about the timestop were great. "I'm getting sick of this crap, I'm going to go buy a cloak timestop magic item right now"

Toddy at dinner was hilarious.

Eric at dinner was really generous. The South PA crew thanks you once again for that man, that was really nice of you.

MOD TEAM!!! After building and marshaling that trap mod with you guys... i want to do it again... a lot. I was so jealous of the PCs as they go to go through the crypt because I wanted to experience that. The music, the cobwebs, the traps, the fights, the bones, just felt like live D&D to me.

Danny for putting up with me singling him out during the opening spectacle.. i knew i wanted to be a big **** to someone, but didn't want to anger someone out of game. So I picked him. If you didn't see it, Ryban (the bad guy) slipped a page of Nathan's journal into Daniel's tabbard and slapped his face gently during the song. It was a great moment. The look on Danny's face told me I had raised Sir Daniel's hatred of this guy by about 10 fold.

Illana for her awesome and haunting rendition of the Siren at the lake. That whole encounter went really well and was very spooky.

My sprint for dear life as Ryban during his last battle. It's not often I can outrun both Henry and Bill... I'm not exactly sure how I managed it.

Sir Harrison's revenge as he helped slay me on the hay stack. I was dying FAST and tripped into the hay stack, twisting to land on my back. it was very comfortable, and epic to see my body contorted like that in death. what a way to die.

then as Raven's golem picked up the body.. walking it up the hill... as soon as it hit the light:
Corpse: (a foot falls off the body)
Raven: wha?
Corpse: (the left legs disjoints and falls to the ground)
Raven: oh no, guys! I think-
In Unison: The corpse crumbles to dust

Lastly, Amanda. Without whom, this event could not have happened. Thanks for all of the weeks of music writing and practice, all the hours you played on site this weekend for the mods and spectacles, for falling asleep while you played guitar, for freezing with us in the mod site and on the battlefield, and for taking the role of a major plot character and owning it so hard core (she cried on command, it was awesome).

Robb,

I don't know why you're thanking us PCs...... we're the ones who appreciated your awesome event.

LOL

Thanks again!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Because the PCs were awesome!! NPCs like to be imersed too, if only for a much shorter time. everytime i was IG as Ryban, I felt like i was a PC. a really evil, really powerful, pissed off PC. the real PCs had great costumes, great role play, and they got into it! It's really rewarding to see so many people enjoy the something you worked on for so long. There were alot of layers to this plot, and I'm happy to say I think you guys touched on all of them!

thought of more!

thanks to Michelle for being our spellsinger in the first wave battle... she says to me, "i can't sing" I go, can you play drums? she goes, hell yeah.. i go.. can you play a bodhran? the rest is history.. an awesome wave battle history. that dark cove that lopez scoped out to have you hide in while playing your beat was awesome. I must have burned through 8 or 9 zombie lives until the PCs figured out they had to kill you to stop the dead from rising. really great encounter.

thanks to Mike S., Patrick, and Toddo for writing mods and encounters that fit in with the musical theme of the weekend.

My Favs:

The incredible singing and musical talent we have! You guys were amazing! I was a little hesitant about a musical weekend because I don't normally like them. I thought this was excellently done and fit really well storyl-wise. Serious kudos guys, it was great researching Oliver Songbringer and hearing all the old history I wasn't around for.

The Khaadi story. Even just being in the circle it was intense and sad. Then Cortni made me more sad when she explained why she threw a bunch of sleep gases. She said "If you look at who I slept it was who I thought go help. I wanted to send them to the dream realm to try to save Khaadi." I was one of the ones she slept. *tear*

Rez stories! I have only ever resurrected Sarr and they have been successful so far. I hope Raavna's was ok. It's hard when you only barely know a character and it's their first story.

Watching Izer wrestle an orc. Awesome.

All things Toddy. Your stories are so engaging and well told. I was laughing so hard at the bull story. *high five*

A cabin with Stabley and Danny is always a win. You guys make me laugh like crazy. I'm glad you liked your sword Stabley.

Seeing everyone again after the time off was the best part. You guys rock hard!

Un-favorite: Leaving site to take Cortni to the ER. She's doing a lot better now and was diagnosed with a micro fracture at the head of her ulna (elbow region). Thanks again to Drew, Amy, and Bob for stepping up and filling in as our medical people. Thanks guys!

Speaking of mods... just imagine how many more we could run (and of equally epic proportions) if we had more NPCs to spread out our resources!

I am still in amazement of how awesome my little berserk bomb worked! LOL

-Jesse

I can never follow Robb when it comes to speaking about anything. Lol. He is a man of many words. I will definitely "ditto" on his entire post.

The entire weekend was incredible for me. I was so insanely nervous. Having never NPC'd (Yeah, I know, I know. What a ****, right?) I was so scared to take on that role. Seeing all the PC's react to the event content in such a positive way from the get-go was so encouraging. Thank you so much for that. Holy crap.

My Favorites:

- Playing music with Alda (Susie) in the Tavern on Friday night. We got to be serious In-Game music loving hippies. Love it.

- Amelia! Getting to see her behind the walls in the "Cornered and Trapped" MODs was awesome. She is so fantastic at being creepily taunting. AND she pulled it off three times, along with singing "The Joys of Dead." Thank you, thank you, thank you Amelia for taking the time to learn the song before the game. <3

- Quoting Robb: Illana for her awesome and haunting rendition of the Siren at the lake. That whole encounter went really well and was very spooky. Oh, and Vampire Charm. What what?! Awesome. All I have to say is heck yeah. You rock. You owned that song. Thanks for taking the initiative to study it before the event. <3

- Watching Brian and Jinu behind the walls in the "Cornered and Trapped" MOD: They were totally swaying and dancing and swinging their claws in time to the music, I'm fairly certain unknowingly.

- Toddy: "So... How long is this going to take?" Robb: "A while yet." Toddy: "I'm going to go kill stuff."

- Roleplaying with Daniel and Ignatious. When I faded out the first time, it was so awesome and hilarious. Brian cursed and punched a post. Frustration from random fades made for awesome roleplay.

- Susie, Susie, Susie... I'm so glad you were there for the event! I could not imagine a musical event without you. <3 When you walked into the "Cornered and Trapped" MOD playing and singing the first part of the song, I was blown away. You take roleplaying to another level, chica. You rock!

- Maggie and Amelia's song. I was so angry that so many people were talking during the song. There was about to be some wind ***-kicking happening. It was freaking awesome! I appreciate that you both went above and beyond to add to the event. Yay!

- The Saturday night wave battle. Need I say more?

- Quoting Robb: Eric at dinner was really generous. The South PA crew thanks you once again for that man, that was really nice of you. Holy crap, dude. You are awesome. I think I need to do a painting of Baron Ivan.

- Quoting Robb: Amanda and I were blown away with the HUGE force of singers at the crypt who came to rescue all the wounded while the rest of the town fought to keep the hoards at bay. you guys rocked that tune and broke some serious ancient magic! You have no idea how awesome that was for me. When we were writing and planning out this part of the event, neither of us had any idea that it would be like that. It was soooooo freaking awesome. Thank you so much for getting so into it. That was such an awesome way to end that event for me. <3 <3 <3 <3

- Quoting Robb: I've already thanks Jesse G. but I'll do it again because I really don't think this weekend would have been as magical or entertaining or instructive for me if he hadn't come. He, Scott, and Patrick are my LARPing mentors and Jesse taught me a lot this weekend. You got so into this event. We are both so glad that you were here. Thank you for doing the Dwarf song!

- Thank you, Toddo, for coming to PA for brainstorming, and for struggling through the frustrating areas of the event. It was totally worth it, and we appreciate all your help. :)

More than anything what made this weekend awesome for me is being able to see months of struggling to compose music with Robb come to life. It's wonderful to have musician for a husband, and it's an awesome thing to be able to do nerdy stuff like LARPing with him. Writing a full-on musical event and actually pulling it off... well, it gives me the warm fuzzies. Thank you, Robb, for letting me be a part of this, and for continuing to inspire me to do new and creative things. (And, you know, for admitting when you needed my help. :mer: ) <3 <3 <3 <3

Cozy said:
(Amelia, I will have you know that no fewer than two folks asked if Ren and Luka were "involved" after that! I told you! XD)

O_O ... Ren would die a little on the inside if she heard that.

Ren Suzume said:
Cozy said:
(Amelia, I will have you know that no fewer than two folks asked if Ren and Luka were "involved" after that! I told you! XD)

MY SINISTER AMBITIONS ARE COMPLETE.

Ren Suzume said:
Cozy said:

How would anyone know the difference?

It has taken me a couple of days to get my mind right .....lol

What an Awesome event!!!!!

* First Rob and Amanda you gave us one event to Remember!!!!! How will the plot Committee top this one ???? LOL. Of course its been a long time since we had Time stop!!!! Rob and the Smack(he tells me at dinner the next night that I was the only person who he could do it too )!!!!

* the Nobles!!!! I had a great time roleplaying with you guys!!!!

* all things Flint !!!!! push up on the log of truth and the Hill climb!!!!

* King Behemoth!!!! 'Nuff Said ....High five

* Eric, Jesse and I in the healers guild ..... Going over the history. and Remembering the old time.... New players asked use how we know that and going "we were there"

* Crypt Module!!!! great fun with a great team!!!!

* HOnor Guard for Gwendolyn with Brian Bender.

CAnt think anymore !!!!

Cant wait to see everyone soon

- Being introduced to enough people that I'm going to need a cheat-sheet to remember all the names. It's great to be able to PC here as a character who is personable.

- Seeing everybody I already knew. It's been *way* too long.

- Pre-logistics spelling down undead. It's nice to feel like a rock star.

- All things Kelly. Even knowing a rough idea of what was going to happen, you still managed to knock the legs out from under Rhys. Thanks for giving me a whole new story to tell for this character.

- Running interference for Lia, and explaining to folks who knew Aara what was going on. And all the confused looks that we got anyway.

- Anna and her quick thinking. I really wouldn't have liked not rifting out.

- Faust. If it weren't for Alor and Aishling, we would've been talking deals. Lots and lots of deals...

- Speaking of, Alor and Aishling. Having a team makes things go a *lot* smoother.

- Toddy's dancing goblin. I'm so glad we've got pictures of that, it was an awesome performance.

- Fighting with Baron Harrison. I think Rhys might actually like this place....

- Delaldur. That's what we get for letting Caldarians work together. :)

Thank you so much to Robb, Amanda, and all the sassy NPCs who made this event really unforgettable and dramatic and... uh, sassy. I said that already, but hush.
(Also, thank you, Amelia, for being a total creeper behind those comedy/tragedy masks.)

-From the moment I went in game, it was "make fun of Jovunn and Grim" time in the Healer's guild and it was hilarious. It was so hard not to crack up from the outset! Thank you to all the Rom for that dose of silliness. <3

-Speaking of the Rom: STICKBUGS. I was making every effort not to lose my shiz at that, given you were talking about OMGMYBARON.

-Amazing post-resurrection roleplay with Tom on Friday (Saturday? Can't remember) night. I will gladly take any opportunity to flex my crying muscles and, boy, did I get to flex 'em!
-Actually, as a .5 to that, I had some really amazing roleplay with both Tom and Henry this weekend. Especially my private chat with Lord Harrison on Saturday night (interrupting Hoblings aside).

-Speaking of excellent roleplay, KYLE. KYLE KYLE KYLE. Thank you so much for dealing with Jovunn's epic rudeness/disrespect all weekend. I promise it won't last forever. :p I will try to keep the slapping and yelling at a minimum.

-That thing with the stuff involving Darkan. Oops!

I really LOVED! I mean LOVED! Did I say LOVED?!?! The musical theme. Rob the idea was friggin' incredible and I applaud you for pulling it off.

Sitting with my Rom family trying to get Alda to tell us how Dryads reproduce. You really shouldn't let someone so innocent get near a group of Rom like that.

Lizard eggs!

Whatching Ivan, then Flint, then Ithica trying to reason with lizardmen. The approaches were quite different.

Not REZZING! (sorry to all who did, but anyone who knows my character will understand.)

The Felinoid wave battle, seeing that from the other side and watching the players reactions.

Seeing Lanna again! So glad you are back.

Back