Opener Pics

are the pictures that everyone has going to be posted on the website? just wondering. I can't look at the facebook pics :(

Flyaway Bird said:
I've only got a couple and they're only of my group (I meant to carry my camera around but there was no room on my person), but if anyone wants to see, here they are.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/e ... Deadlands/

Wow, everyone on your team has some great costumes. Flawless, really. I know how hard it is to do a good dark elf make up job but damn, that dark elf really takes the cake.

I can't wait to see everyone's costumes in action in May.

Hernando said:
I know how hard it is to do a good dark elf make up job but damn, that dark elf really takes the cake.

I can't tell from the picture what he uses, but for single color applications an airbrush is really the way to go. You can get a TESTORS low end model for around $20. A cheap air compressor is harder to find but there's always cans of compressed air that go with that TESTORS brush. I hopped on the airbrush bandwagon after hearing good reports from Scott K when he started using it for his Dark Elf. Application time is cut way down, coverage is awesome and the ake-up washes of easier, though darker shades will still give you a little difficulty. Any Dark Elf, Stone Elf, Orc or Ogre should check it out.

Airbrush is my new favorite application method. For $5 in Caldaria you get 3 airbrush applications of a single color (perfect for my dark elf) one Friday, One Sat morning, One Sunday morning. I can't believe I waited a full year before trying it and now I have to start looking for my own air brush supplies because it was just great.

are you guys talking about the dark elf that was part of the little group of elf/hobbling? the ones that looked like they walked out of the trees? yeah his make up was really good i remember specifically looking for a flaw and it was pretty darned flawless and not blotchy looking...i was impressed and was thinking airbrushed myself....kudos!!! my favorite costume the whole weekend was still the viking woman..leather bikini is just way hardcore.

I like to do the base with cake makeup and then finish it off with airbrush. It's what the professional airbrush makeup artists do (I read it in a book, I really did!). The cake tends to stay a little better (I think it gets smushed in your pores), but the airbrush gives it that nice, finished look. It also saves on money.

And remember, more light coats with drying time in between is better than one heavy, wet coat!

Scott

You never told me about doing the base with cake! I call Shenanigans on Scott!

Yea I'm having the same problem with the Facebook pictures and I even have a Facebook account...

I have to agree that is a sweet Dark Elf! I have heard airbrush in the new rave as well but I don't know really where to find the supplies and cake works decently well. Nice wig too, since I assume the hair is a wig at least...
;)

I am friending you so hopefully I can see the pictures. You should try to get these posted also on the Unofficial Alliance picture website that is linked in the General discussion!

melbrooks said:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2123672&id=11002117

if this doesn't work...again, i have facebook...so if you do too, befriend me and see all the pictures.
if anybody has any other suggestions on how to go about this, please let me know. that'd make me happy bunny.

lurve,
melissa brooks

Well, you could always post them to a public "Photobucket" or "flickr" account/album, and then post a link to that here.

Though, as I've friended you and can now see the pictures... it'd be helpful for those without a book of faces, and those who just dislike it's use. =)

< wanders off again >

Back