Opening a trade route

Willem Rivet

Artisan
Hello all!

I was glad to meet you all late last month. It was such a long journey to reach you! I don't know when I'll be back your way, but I was wondering about establishing a full trading route with a safehouse, guards, the works. This is usually a big to-do, but as I know you guys don't stand on ceremony, I was wondering if I could get permission to set this up. What I'm specifically asking for is the ability to build a house, have it be recognized as mine, and hire some mercenaries to guard my trade route. The location of the house is gonna have to be a secret, as I'm told dreams reach all, and some are not ones I want to tell of a secret cache of goods behind a few sellswords.

Let me know!

-Joe, the Merchant

Joe-

There are a number of locations within Dragonreach where you could set up shop. There is a trade community to the south of where we were gathered, near a city called Asyl. Baron Bohemer is in charge of that area and it would not surprise me if he was willing to allow you to build a home. The area in question already enjoys protection, but you're welcome to hire your own men to stand guard (though mercenaries are a bit scarce these days, what with the war against Bleak). If you would like I can reach out to the Baron for you.

Travel safely,
Sir Mathis
Order of the Emerald Flame

Sir Mathis,

Thank you for the information. I would like very much to discuss terms with Baron Bohemer about settling near Asyl. I do have one question, though: is the origin of the name "Asyl" "asylum that was cut short"? Because that doesn't bode extremely well. Just saying. I can be superstitious sometimes.

-Joe, the Merchant

Back