Orc Menu

twilsemail

Artisan
Greetings all!

After talking to Bill I've got pretty much all of my PC's flavor worked out. I'm bringing in an Orc Cook. Along with him, I'll be bringing in food. I've got a few recipes set aside for either next game or future games, but I wanted to check in here for requests and suggestions.

Like any good Orc, I'm not good with the veggies. I use them just fine in the stuff I do cook, but I'm not particularly adept at anything that doesn't involve meat. If anyone out there has suggestions on lunch items I can make that don't have animal bits in them but might still be found on an Orc's table, let me know.

For that matter: if anyone out there has suggestions on lunch items I can make that do have animal bits in them and might be found on an Orc's table, let me know. I'm always up for expanding the menu.

I'm currently looking at serving lunch on Saturday. I'm sitting on the fence between Slimy Tongue Balls and Orc Chili.

I feel like I should have more in this post…

Yours,
Tom

As a huge fan of the Earthdawn RPG, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention quaalz. Basically beans, refried or boiled, and heavily spiced. Actually found a recipe for it here. But as a chili works fine too. Orc food in my mind should be simple and have strong flavor - not necessarily scorching hot, but it shouldn't be bland.

So I'd suggest something like a vegetarian chili or bean burritos/tostadas.

First off, hooray for players who bring f.ood and drink into the game, its a great way to make coin and makes the game better overall. Second im looking forward to what tongue balls actually are actually made of. As for ideas I could see an orc making up some great spiced up wings. You can buy in bulk cheap, boil alot to cook, add spice after and then bake to reheat and give crispy skin. As for a veggie choice marinated portabella mushrooms caps turn out very well when heated over an open fire pit, and smashed redskin potatoes are easy cheap and tasty too. Whatever you choose will be well received im sure.

Cortni's Character Draegka had made orc chili before. She made veggie chili and then had meat separate to add for the carnivores.

Back