Oregon May 9-11 Weekend Event

Alavatar

Baron
So, I am planning on making it to the event in May. However, I have only been to Silver Falls once and it was at the large two story building. I don't know anything about the Youth Camp and was hoping someone could enlighten me.

Are tents required? Are space-heaters allowed for the cabins? Besides flashlights and utensils, any other special items recommended to bring? Where exactly is the Youth Camp in Silver Falls? I couldn't find it on the map on their website. Is there a kitchen? What are the bathroom facilities like? Anything else I should know?

Tents are not required. The PC area has numerous open-air cabins (think small cabin with wire mesh windows and no way to close them). There is no electricity into the cabins. I believe you can still use a propane space-heater, though.

There is one large cabin with electricity and a fireplace in the PC area that is considered pseudo-owned by a group of PCs, but if it becomes an issue, I'm sure you could crash in there.

The kitchen is not stocked, you will need to bring your own cooking implements, but it does have a large walk-in fridge, plenty of pantry space, grills, oven, and stove tops. The bathroom in the PC area has two enclosed stalls, and open-air sinks. There is a bathroom behind the tavern and up the road about 30 feet that is fully-enclosed and has showers.

Use Page 2 of this pdf. We are at "Camp Silver Creek", on the right side of the map.

Good ankle support would be ideal, since it can get wet and the distance from the tavern to the PC cabin area is a long sloping hill. There is a creek of varying depth and a few bridges, lots of exploratory space... not sure what else to say about it.

Cymryc,

We can't edit posts, and apparently that needs to be requested of Mike by you...

Thought I'd mention:
The cabins sleep 6 tightly (no room for tables or anything). The big cabin could sleep a score comfortably, I believe.

Thought I read somewhere this one was at the Ranches, am I imagining things or is it actually at the big buildings this time?

According to the website it's at the Ranches. So, big building with kitchen but not stocked so bring your own pots and pans if you want something to cook in, and plates and cutlery to eat with. Heated with electricity and a central fire pit, but don't know if fires in there are cool since combat happens in the building sometimes.

Do the ranches still have the matress-less bunks all over the top level (and I think some on the bottom floor too)? And does anyone recall if there's more open-ish areas where a cot might be set up instead? Suspended cloth is softer than particle board, last I checked.

The very same, not sure if both ranches will be reserved for the game or if just one (Like before) will be reserved.

Beware the Barbeques.

I believe we have them both for this game and will be marking the killer BBQs with a ton of lighting.

I am glad it's going to be at the ranches. I was going to have to charge my camp battery for my "darth vader" machine. Oh, and I will be there. Introducing a new character and all that.

Some people (Some = 1, in this case) were able to sleep through it without a problem.

Or maybe people just shouldn't hit the fire alarms with weapons? I dunno, sounds crazy to me.

Indeed. Sarah, I'm not recalling if there were mats or not. I do recall open space on the floor level of the ranch around the central firepit. And I won't throw my circle up in front of the balcony doors, so in the very least, the space in front of those doors was decently open (other than, you know, the doors).

Sarah?

Don't think Sarah, any of the different varieties, posted in this thread...

No, not the Youth Camp.
Yes, the Ranches.
No mats on the bunks.
Yes, electricity/heat.
No, dishes/flatware in kitchen.
Yes, both ranches, not just one.
No, please don't hit the fire alarms (maybe we can throw a strip of duct tape over them?)
Yes, deadly BBQs.
No tents.
Yes space for cots.
No Sarah.
Yes Brad.

Pretty sure covering a fire alarm system without an easy way to bypass it readily available is a no-no. So, might need to add a large sharp knife on a string next to the duct tape. (j/k)

Sorry, Brad, you look like Sarah. Or maybe Sarah looks like you. Which ever one doesn't offend the one reading this.

obcidian_bandit said:
No, please don't hit the fire alarms (maybe we can throw a strip of duct tape over them?)
No, Fire code (I remember this being brought up early, early on).
obcidian_bandit said:
Yes, deadly BBQs.
So you're one of the "Pro Killer BBQ's" populance, I see.

Howdy Howdy!

I may have missed it, but how much will this event cost. Pre-reg vs. regular? What about for a page? What about for a pre-reg'd page?

Also is there an event description up about what the theme of the event will be?

Thanks!

Back