Our favorite moments

"DANIEL!

Three

Two

One..."

(End of Empire)

That was THE best line this weekend -- so awesome. Anyway:

- HOLY **** ROLEPLAY. Such amazing roleplay this weekend with everyone because of the various racial and Legion based effects. Crazy.

- Zehnyu! AAAA! Coolest surprise ever.

- Losing attachment to everyone I cared about and the various reactions and fall-outs from others. Pretty much every moment with Drenten.

- One thing I was excited about this weekend was being able to have Nicodemus, Sevaria, and Collin Hateful Fun Times. Rather, because my brainpan was all sorts of wacky, I spent all weekend avoiding them.

- Destroying the Temple of Unlearning. So many months of planning. So many tense conversations with Drenten, wondering and fearing all the things that could go wrong. Walking inside, finally feeling like myself again for the first time all weekend, and for a moment, not wanting to leave. That was a great thing in there.

- Ria Taybris. After having my mind restored, getting to tell him that he was dead and needed to pass; the knighthood that followed that I truly did not expect. Everyone sharing their thoughts and songs. I pretty much did not stop crying this weekend.

Jesus, guys. What a great time -- there is more, so much more, I enjoyed about this event, but I am beat. Much love, and I'll see you next month.

THANK YOU NPCs!
My favorites had to be
- Dropping Albert's rogue with a destroy undead in the back from a distance.
- All the racial curses from the alleged backlash, and RPing Caillen's reaction to his. Following Ria Taybris's advice to get drunk.
- More horrifying swamp adventures, and the even more terrifying task of trying to wrangle five kids whilst a gryphon rampaged outside.
- Trying to get away from Siroxis and the vampire mantis, only to be downed by said mantis every couple yards I ran.
- Osiris Riddle and the Orb of Tomfoolery. Getting rifted to the elemental plane of ice.
- The hobling pantherghast and the treasure it carried. A comp, pretzels and a note that said "I bet you had help."
- Tattercloak and his shenanigans.
- Facing the Lords of the Black Keep and getting my first plot rez. It was pretty cool stuff.
- Failing, then succeeding at making a convincing argument for the adventurers of the bastions to get important information. It's nice when Caillen gets moments like that to show he's capable of more than people give him credit for.
- Fighting Void. Fun times.

Thank you Gary and all the npcs for the Temple of unlearning mod. I have no idea how I will ever have a better time on a module than this.

Role play like crazy with so many cool players.
Seeing the return to the deadlands of the Tuznian berserker.
The looks on peoples faces when Ali came walking out as Zen.
Being able to explain to people what has been going on with Drenten and Saddian moore for the last 34 months. There is something extremely gratifying about planning and carrying out a coup d'etat that topples an empire.
The look on Bills face at "1" when Daniel realized what was about to happen.
Santet being upset with Drenten. Not for blowing him up with pretty much no chance of us being saved but for destroying his "ugly" shield.
Second favorite quote of the weekend. "A pure lord and an ambassador and still slinging ales in a tavern go figure."
Thanks everyone for a great weekend.

Just a great weekend all around and a big thank you everybody, pc and npc, for being there and making the Deadlands what it is.

- Super psyched just to see the pure lord and Drenten plot coming to it's head. Wish I coulda been there for the big boom with you guys.

- Zhenyu!!!!! Having you back was a blast all weekend long.

- Ciarah and Nic wonder twin powers.

- Having Collan in-game.

- Sev. Being with her to say farewell to Ria Tebrys and seeing her knighthood.

- Seeing a certain warlord return home. Oh do I have plans for you buddy boy.

- Insurrection!!!! Gonna be fun to see where that goes. I swear I thought Bjorn was just going to obliterate the sh***t out of me when he popped back into town. Nic was actually caught totally speechless in that moment.

One red eye and one return flight landing at 1am. Six thousand mile round trip in 3 days. 110% worth it :)

- Opening friday night, and getting to huck Skylar's crown and jacket at Phedre, while flipping back and forth between friendly and not friendly.
- "I wonder who they got to play Zehnyu? Oh, no. That's really Ali." Guess the surprise worked :)
- All things Sean Metzler. From running around with him as another Crying man, to having to back off every time I was about to talk to the Justicar, to wrestling with Landen. All of it was fantastic :).
- The honor combat between Rak and the Paladin. Beautiful fight to watch, and then getting to freak out, thinking that Rak was going to resurrect.
- Gary's Gryphon, and going inside his brain. Watching the wonder twins do their handy work. Great job Nic and Ciarrah. Amaranthus and I finishing it off, and then me hucking him through.
- All things Kelsey. From the opening night talk, to Rya Tabris' send off, to going out hunting, down to the butterfly axe, to shield buddies. I <3 cranky elf.
- Drenten. "We knew this is how it was going to be all along." *wink* You shady bastard. :). "Zehn, run for the exit." "I'm not leaving you guys behind-" "Zehn, GO!" *takes off* about 45 seconds later.. "Daniel! 3...2...1!" *BOOM!* That is one of the best modules I have been on in a long time, between the opening discussion, the obstacle course, and the very end. 100% gold :)
- Family time. Getting to see Illana and Chad as Kiba and Kog, was epic all over the place. Thank you so much you guys for playing this character's crazy relatives :).
- The Hunt. It was amazing to get to run around with you guys again. I miss you all a ton.
- Phedre and Zehn. Always appreciate the way those two handle each other, and all of the crazy misadventures they go through. "Zehnyu! My armor's breached! Are you really going to leave me unprotected?" "Get the (expletive) AWAY from MY wife!!"
- Songs in the Tavern Sunday morning. I'm impressed I can remember most of them by memory.

That's all for now, since I need to jump in the shower and get ready for work. It was -incredibly- amazing to see -all- of you, and I hope to see as many of you as I can at NJ's November event :)

-Ali

RP all weekend... top notch.

Legion Mod to retrieve the bracer artifact, the epic fight down the mod path. Great combat with great NPCs.

Circle fight with Eldarion. rebirth for the win. You may have got me with those spell strikes but it was epic none-the-less.

The rite of redemption on the tree of corruption. The RP in this was intense, and the following character development and interactions were great.

Dan's unexpected rez story. I don't think you know just quite how much that effected my character.

Great event guys. Cant wait until October.

This was really a great event folks! I really think NH has seriously stepped up its game this year and I had a TON of fun playing this weekend. Again huge thanks as always to all the folks who make this happen and/or possible!

Legion mod Saturday was AWESOME. Riding flying mounts into an elemental air drift to TP into the deadlands and then having an aerial drop-off/pickup was SO epic! Running back after sending the signal for Sun Li Yin to get picked up and then seeing the negotiation that was going on about Ocean who was dead 50+ ft behind the NPC lines.

Offering myself as a sacrifice for Ocean, I was completely ready to resurrect both in and OOG, that is exactly how Eldarion wants to die... And then Sean pulled me asside... Epic fight vs. the town (Brian I'm still SO sorry about the face shot, my bad man.) Hearing Cho Jun Wo start screaming when I had Avian down and pulled out the rope... Epic circle fight, if you hadn't been ripping up my left side I wouldn't have had to revert to spell strikes... ;)

The horrible realization that while I had hoped to simply resurrect to save Ocean, void was going to use that to attempt to resurrect a greater number of other legion members through using Eldarion to wield void... :twisted:

really I have to say all the town wave battles were quite fun this weekend.

EPIC ritual spectacle from Justicar Southkin and crazy fallout repercussions as Bjorn (sp?) took his vengeance. That whole plot intrigues me greatly.

Tons of really crazy/fun RP due to all the plot affects and cool PC's. One of the reasons I am so addicted to PC'ing is that I just love hanging out/talking with other PC's. I can't wait for the closer!

So much fun, it will be awesome to do it all again! :)

Ahhhh! Great weekend =) Some of my favorites:

- Coming to game, finding out that Kai was finally not screwed up in the head for the first time since I started playing her 9 years ago only to find out an hour later that she was again =P
- Having Tova walk in to the tavern and getting to tell her "Hey Tova, I licked Osiris' orb for you" - and for that matter, all the shenanigans with Tova =)
- Walking up to Jaimi's little bloody girl and saying "I think that feathery guy has some bubbles for you" and watching her yell "bubbles!" and go running into the griffon and immediately get like cleaved in twain. And kind of glad that no one actually saw it so Kai can't get in trouble :D
- Theon's spirit farewell, which Kai has been wanting to do for years now and finally getting the chance to PC AND having Toddo be up NPCing too - the stars aligned!
- RP, RP, RP with everyone!
- Goosing Cho Jun Wo and breaking Tova, and then laughing until my stomach hurt - then having Cho Jun Wo bring Avian over and trying to make me goose him.
- Getting to chat with Sean as Osiris about what a **** the Justicar is
- Discovering that, as the Queen of breakfast, Azureth is my knight
- Beating down a monster with my staff! Take that!
- Watching a group of rogues fighting some severed from the front swinging 2's, and then Ocean snuck up behind the severed and yelled "IS THAT A BADGER!?!?!" - the severed swung around to face him and suddenly this chorus of much larger hits started popping off behind them =P
- The super creepy Bjorn/Southkin ritual. Gave me goosebumps.

Can't wait for next month! I so badly needed to kill things for the sake of my sanity, and I am already missing it :D

NPCs...you're seriously the bomb...Thank you for kicking our butts all weekend!

The weather was sooo lovely!

Seeing everyone again was awesome...especially ZhenAlly!
Seeing Sarrs was just awesome I don't get to see those much.
I loved playing my biata...but honestly I guess I should not have bought the red and black material that was on clearance because everyone kept thinking I was Tzydl with feathers. :mer:
Seeing Santet lose his $h!t with the Melleth stuff.
The ritual with Bjorn getting his bits taken away was intense...the roleplay/battle that followed was WOW!!! No one knowing just who they were supposed to be supporting.
Justicar Crowe "I HAVE FOUR WHISPERING WINDS WITH FOUR DEAD BARONS!" and Kailen jumping up to help him.
Void Gollem Casey!!! SCARY
Hookah time! MMMMM BLACKBERRY!!
O&P conversations at breakfast with Will! heheheh
Getting petrified bent over with my head down...all the blood rushed to me head! hahahah
Healing inside the earth cirlce, Tovah bringing peeps to the circle.
All the rez's

Can't wait for October...Ally.. get a cheap plane ticket!!! Come again!

as allways, thank you npc's, staff, and deb and brian for every awesome thing that happened at this event.
my top favorite moment,

"hey ocean, let me out,"
"i recognize you, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

explination,
avalon had become enslaved by void on sunday for trying to help eldarian and amaranthus, we all got our butts beat. he enslaved me
i dump some wandcharges at my friends, i get taken down, i get put into the earth circle, and i hear lauren going, "everyone get out of the circle, you dont want to be in there when she wakes up."
i wake up 10 mins later, battle is still going on, no one is in circle, and no one notices, i am up. i look for keely, or tova, but i see ocean, refitting in that space between kcopious's cabin, and i go, "hey ocean let me out." and he goes "i recognize you..." and the look on his face -> :noway: is so priceless as in that moment, i realize i cant belive that freaking worked, and he realizes what he has done, as i take that step out of the circle before he can stop me, and i put two lightning storms into akinus's backside. when i get taken down again, i hear lauren yell "WHO LET HER OUT?!" as zhenyu tosses me back in the circle and this time, craig "ties" my hands.
i do wake up again 10 mins later but im tied up, but it matters little though i do ask debora to untie me. i do get knocked out again, and im kept that way till end of battle untill they can get me an enslavement antidote.

other good moments
all of em between santet and avalon, thanks brian

seeing the present catch up with the future drenten that nether brought to judge the tournament last summer, pure lord drenten and not being sure how she feels about that.

mark and mike, thanks for the plot stuff goin on with the keepers and avalon, its creepy, and unsettling, and very fun. all i can think of to relate to that, is all the poltergiest movies like 2 and 3.
i do suppose though she brought it upon herself.... :whistle:

watching the ritual for bjorn to loose a lot of his power,

caileen getting rifted to the plane of ice avalon laughed so hard, :funny: well, he wanted to touch the orb and have something entertaining happen
and couldnt help a pfffffttttt when asked for his friends to go get him.

but, with the adventures getting skylars name, as perhaps because of him, then she dosent see him as so much of an idiot anymore.

all in all, i had such fun at the event dispite the cold. but man, screw misquitoes! im still scatching where they bit me.

i cannot wait for next month when all this draws to its epic conclusion.

also, if anyone saw my "i accept your physical role play." (which i will always do.)shirt, heres where i got it, and just do a search for larp tshirts, or if this link works, http://www.zazzle.com/larp+tshirts they got so many different ones, albiet a tiny bit expensive on some of em.

I think I have finally processed what happened at this event enough to actually post some favorites. This was one made it to the list top ten events overall. I can't wait to see the conclusion, but I'm scared at the same time. :p

-Basically being handed a new character to play all weekend long. I love an rp challenge and this definitely fell into that catagory.

-Norhelm defending Yin's honor and all the shenanigans that followed.

-Performing the Rite of Redemption on the tree. Gary not pulling punches as the personification of Void. Learning so much about my fellow Legionnaires and, oh yes, being even more broken afterward. :funny:

-Pretty much everything I heard about the little kid mod. I wish I could have seen it.

-Biata hand speech.

-OOG Telepathy on the battlefield with Craig.

-Dodging that bullet and the great exhalation that came after.

Thank you so much everyone who wrote, ran or played something awesome this weekend. Again, I cannot wait to see the conclusion of this.

... On the other hand... I think having 3 weeks off still might not be enough time to mentally prepare...

<3

Oh and this picture pretty much sums up this event.

319985_10150316863169614_842489613_7678319_973972050_n.jpg

Broken elves.

my favorite Michiko moment during Sept event...

"YOU LIED TO ME TO!! OHHHHHHHHHH :::whine, cry::: :( :tears:

very funny. I was like "who's child is that crying?!"

Yeah, someone needed her nap.

I'm glad you were amused. :D

Back