Outside Evo's house, on the edge of the Commons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evo steps out onto the porch, notebooks on one hand and coffee in the other, more important hand. Cloak wrapped around him to keep out the morning chill, he finds a spot to spread out his notes and sip coffee. And in the quiet of the morning, he takes some time to breathe, and to listen.

Pausing on his walk home Jinn turns to see Evo sitting just outside his home. Turning around Jinn heads over.

"A rare sight to see you out and about in the lux and not cooped up in your office. What occasion brings you out today?"

Evo grins, "Didn't seem fair to make everyone else suffer through this gorgeous weather without me," he says, gesturing to the lush surroundings. "I have some work to do with Dwevdi, but I figured I can get my notes in order just as well up here. "

He watches Jinn's face carefully," I understand we have a new face in town?"

Jinn chuckles to himself and smiles his very distinct sly smile.

"It would appear we do. She claims to know Rohnan personally, and from what I've gathered Calan knows of her. She wears the marking that Calan would recognize, but would be hard pressed for anyone to have found that out. I'll let him explain how he knows of her, as that is his personal business. I do believe she is who she says she is, but i do not like her."

Jinn sits down beside Evo

"My dislike will pass once she realizes what is actually going on around here. Our first meeting did not go very well, she doesn't understand the ferocity of what we face on a daily basis. My patience is non existant for those seeking the story of the reaches and will be until those horrid places are locked for good. But once she stares down the lord of the insect realm or has D.A.M. sick his undead horde on her, she will learn herself pretty quickly."

He pauses for a moment and fishes his bottle of orange liquid out of his bag, popping the cork out with a satisfying pop. Taking a small sip he looks over to Evo again.

"You of all people should know what it takes to get on my bad side. But given her family, it won't last long."

Evo nods. "We need to learn from Ava and avoid alienating our allies, even new, unproven ones. As you say, it wont take long for her to understand the gravity of the Reaches."

"As for our mist-touched duo, do you think it's better for them to work this out with Romilda, or to keep them busy with assignments?"

Cato spots Evo and Jinn chatting. "Evo and Jinn it's good to see you enjoying the weather. How's it going today?"

Jinn ponders for a moment before responding.

"I feel like working it out with the new comer is inevitable, and would be the best option. They just need to let the dust settle so to speak."

Looking up he see's Cato walking over

"Today is going about as well as can be expected, how are you doing?"

Evo nods to Jinn's response, then greets Cato. "Sometimes it feels like days and entire storms pass unnoticed; but the passing of time is relentless. What's on your mind today?"

Evo laughs a little. "Let me know if you ever get your thoughts clear, then let me know the secret." He starts to gather his notes. "Well, I've put it off long enough-- I should go find Dwevdi and get this research going."

Jinn stands and and brushes himself off.

"I'm sure there is something I should be doing... somewhere..."

With a nod to Evo and Cato he starts walking down the dirt path.

When he finishes gathering his papers up, Evo also stands and, with a "Good day" to Cato, wanders off in search of more coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back