Overdue Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobeus

Artisan
Mobeus makes his way through the Arcane Sanctum, somewhat distracted, his demeanour is one of exhaustion and he smells of old books and as yet unnamed herbs. Dusting off his cloak from the snow falling outside, he presents himself cordially to the front of the Arcane Sanctum, "I've a report for Archmage Az'caine, I will be making my way up to him shortly, should anyone further need my presence I will carry on with some studying and make my way back to the breach by days end. Please ensure Garnett of Parson's Breach presents a full report of what occurred as well, I've not heard much news of Parson's and I am certain the Archmage would like to be updated."

In short order Mobeus makes his way to the door of the Archmage's Chambers, he presents himself formally, as per protocol, and presents the events as he recalls them, though he looks somewhat weary.

Firmly he speaks his report, making sure to also write it down for eases sake. "The last time I was in Parson's Breach, there was a conclave of events most intriguing and of interest. Though you may already know, the werewolves in our midsts within Parson's Breach have been cured, their accursed nature ripped asunder by the former Fatespinner, Elder Quynn. I was not privy to the actual ceremonies, nor was I capable of assisting much but I have it assured their curse is no more."

"Upon my arrival to the Breach, many creatures of the Pantherghast persuasion accosted and harried many of the breach, as I am aware their threat was not as great as it could have been but such a threat could be greater given numbers and time... shortly during this assault, the Esteemed Magi Rhialto came to guide us to our next crystal. One being sought by the Time Elemental, who had a bunch of Chaos Elementals assisting. Our numbers were sparse, consisting of only 4 members of the Sanctum, Thewind fell quite early on, and then to the shock of me and the newly joined Saar Lore Teacher Gina, Magi Rhialto also fell to his death. They were restored later, but the sheer power wielded between the remaining Elementals almost proved too much and I also fell giving my last blow to their Chaotic leader. Just happened to be lucky our remaining member, Gina possessed an item of healing and restoring me to conciousness. She really was quite the hero, and solved the riddle protecting the Crystal as well.. Gina, wherever she may be, was an excellent member and is one of the very reasons we survived that ordeal. In the future as per discussions, we will seek to bolster our numbers for further encounters."

"We had dealings with some Skeletons which even the most powerful blows couldn't destroy but yet the slightest touches seemed to, an odd power to be sure. A bunch of Gnolls, there was a plethora of classless Saar bothering the town folk, I was spoken to by one Jax regarding their place in their society, one of outlaw. They returned shortly after with a woman with mint, she assaulted a townsperson and was put in the stocks. Her Saar attempted to kill our town folk and they were ended. Shortly after releasing the woman, she again attempted actions against the town and was defeated. Elementals in plethora fighting around a Grove while what seemed like an old Dryad or Treant, was fending off the Time Elemental from before. A journal was discovered regarding the blade in question.. it's origin seems odd, and linked somehow to the time elemental as it was last spotted near the journal's discovery. Kara Vale had also shown herself to our realm, spreading word of the Blade and how the King would be ill-suited for it. It is difficult to fight against such propaganda, as I've heard tell of others in authority doubting too. "

"During the night, we found the son of the Grand Dutchess in his cruel new form, and using teamwork the heroes of Parson's Breach felled him, and using a Life Elemental broke the unlife within him leaving him dead. The next morning Squire Hamish and myself brought the body forth through the portal, and have done our duty to the realm as best we could."

Mobeus sighs for a moment, "I wish my report could be more clear but my mind has been heavy of late, so much studying and so much time lost I didn't even realize the snow has begun to fly. With your permission I shall return forthwith to the Breach.. I shall remain as long as you have further question about the events of months past. I am eager myself to hear the report of Garnett in my absence for the last major encounter." Mobeus remains still, head bowed awaiting Az'Caine's orders.

"Interesting. I know that we had promoted theWind to Lore Seeker as is Veagar. Both should be closing in on the rank of Lore Teacher. Please ensure their training continues. Armsman Karuna held the role of Magistrate in your absence and you will need to speak with him about the events he witnessed at the Breach. The Blade was retrieved after some collusion with Fredrick and a group calling itself the 'Crimson Vanguard'. I understand they have been seen about the Breach in recent months. They are to be watched for sure. Although they claim innocence in having the Blade handed to them by Fredrick, who was deemed a traitor by the King and sentenced to Obliteration for his part in the chaos of the day, you should be wary of them." Az'Caine pauses for a moment.

"Tell me, what do you know of this group?" the Archmage waits for a reply.

"My limited interaction with their group hasn't been the most positive, they were in conflict with a group of Lizardmen that have aided us in the past, putting a lot of strain in maintaining the relationship. I am only thankful those of the Breach were able to keep everything calm. Otherwise their adventuring group is much like any other wanderers that come to the breach, they are obviously seeking something, but it seems everyone is. I've yet to see any act of true violence against us, but I am cautious."

Az'Caine nods "I would hope you remain cautious. New people in the Breach is a common occurrence. It seems as though the King's little outpost is growing in reputation. Ensure that only those you trust gain access to our Circle and our Tower. Security of the Crystals must be your priority." the ArchMage waits moments before dismissing Mobeus. "Thank you for your report. Speak with Karuna for his report on his tenure as Magistrate then report to the Breach when you are ready. I have another council meeting to oversee."

"Thank you Archmage." Mobeus bows and takes his leave, his fur cloak billowing for a moment.

Mobeus turns on his heels and makes his way towards the front entrance again in search of Karuna and what has occurred in his absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back