Pacifist Character?

I play a non-combat semi-pacifist alt in Seattle, due to back injuries, I've had no problems getting involved in plot, getting invited on mods or getting engaged with other players, and I am by nature more than a bit of an introvert. It does require you to step out and get yourself involved. Talk to people, especially new players and NPC's, make up plot, currently I'm investing in apple farms, buying barrels from local townies, hunting down produce to start a cidery/winery, practicing phrenology, doing the books for the town guard and other things I should probably be hesitant to mention around inquiring ears. Also he merchants whatever he can get his hands on.

It can be incredibly rewarding and fun, though there are times where I want to jump into combat, or I would prefer to play my other PC and skulk around in the woods and not have to keep talking to people. Playing a pacifist definitely requires some work on your part, give it a try, if you don't like it, wander around in the woods and get eaten by a corrupt, then you'll have a reason to change your ways :D

evi1r0n said:
markusdark said:
I tend to play non-combative characters quite often. Oh, they can hit if they have to but mostly they prefer not fighting. However, if you go down that road, do expect to be kept out of the higher up plots as there is usually an upper limit of people allowed on the mod and they'll want to have only the best combat people available.

It may not be true in every case, but my characters had been told numerous times in numerous chapters that they should 'stay home' as it was going to be too dangerous for him.
Can't speak for every character but that doesn't happen to our pacifist gypsy in OR. We need dedicated turbo healers.

I'm in the same boat as the gypsy above. I'm frequently involved in plots. Pretty much every weekend I'm involved in the main plot and usually have my fingers in a few more.

I think the originally quoted player here is the exception rather than the rule.

OrcFighterFTW said:
I've seen several new players attempt the idea, get repeatedly owned in combat at their first event from the smallest of crunchies, and then come back with a different concept at the next event. If I had to speculate, it might be one of those sounds good in theory but not so much in practice ideas.

You have just identified the real world. Congratualtions!

Joe Siegel

fyi I do remember may years ago (18?) seeing a man play a pacifist fighter who was a healers guild guard. He was decent at parrying but bad at his job once the bad guy realized they did not need to pay attention to him.

Joe S.

Back