Paige Question

Lycose

Scholar
Since its a Seattle rule ill have to ask here:

If you are with a Paige and an NPC comes up to attack and you get in the way can the NPC still attack the Paige or do they need to go through you first? Also.. if you are say.. beside them and the same situation occurs, as long as your weapon can get in front of them easily can you "block" for them?

Pages are supposed to remain 10 feet away from combat, so this really shouldn't ever come up. If it does, the Page should take damage. Generally, the NPCs will attack armed people first, you know, self preservation and all. Although, in theory, if you had a Parry, I would think that you could use it to defend a Page, so long as all the rules for both were followed.
~Matt

I know they are supposed to.. but if you don't see it coming this is a possibility. Just wondering in case..

Alabaster;18557 said:
If you are with a Paige and an NPC comes up to attack and you get in the way can the NPC still attack the Paige or do they need to go through you first? Also.. if you are say.. beside them and the same situation occurs, as long as your weapon can get in front of them easily can you "block" for them?

The NPC should as a best practice get a clear lane between them and the target page should they wish to target them with a verbal attack (obviously this does not apply to packets for packet pages).

If you are beside them, but the NPC has a clear view of the Page, you're out of luck. Better hope that Page can run fast, or that you can get "in the way" as you note it.

PLEASE NOTE that the above situations should really only come about if, for some reason, an NPC has a reason to target a Page. Normally speaking, as Matt points out, Pages should stay a safe distance from combat and if they are in the middle of combat when it breaks out they should strive to get away from the combat as much as possible.

If an NPC is regularly attacking a Page with other armed individuals around, I would expect that they should have a very good IG reason to be doing so.

-Bryan

Back