PC Bunks at the new site.

Hey guys, I NPC the first event at the new site. Do the PC bunk houses have mattresses or should I pack my air mattress?

I'd also like an answer to this.

The PC cabins each have 5 bunk beds, which are attached to the floor. They do have mattresses.

We have 8 cabins for PCs, and can spill over into two more if necessary - they're otherwise used for guild buildings. I will be working out cabin arrangements as the pre-registrations come in. Most groups of 4+ should be okay with getting their own building, but I can't guarantee that yet.

By 'attached to the floor' it means that they are nailed down. No moving the bunk beds to make more room for stuff.

There's a bunk in every corner and one in the middle on the other side of the door. You can fit one air mattress in the dead middle of the room depending on size. I think the one I used was a Queen. There's only one outlet in the whole thing.

Don't depend on heaters to keep you warm. Get blankets and lots of them. You'll never be upset about having too many blankets and being warm because you can always take them off, but you will about not having enough and freezing.

do NPCs have bunk beds in cabins as well?

there are two NPC cabins that have single cots (no two-story bunks) and you can move them around the room. The buildings are also more nicely finished and better insulated than the PC shacks.

The power for the plugs in the cabins isn't enough to support a heater, or at least I haven't seen one work yet. I would save the money and car space and bring blankets and etc instead.

(He says as the game starts, hours and days after it would have been useful)

We ran a heater, an electric blanket and a coffee pot at the same time.

Was this out of a cabin or in one of the buildings? I know for a fact most of the cabins don't have the power to run a heater, but the bathrooms kitchen and a few of the other large buildings have normal power

Our cabin ran a heater the first event and this event was also running a electric tea kettle

It was in one of the cabins. In the boys village, the first one on the right, closest to the bathroom building.

All of the PC cabins have a 20 amp breaker, but all 10 are ran off one 30 amp breaker.

Each cabin can easily run a heater but the problem at the season closer was that everyone was running heaters. If you want heat, the propane ones are the way to go.

We may need to check with the camp before we start running propane heaters in the cabin - I don't know if they're OK with it or not.

Back