Peanut Allergy Reminder

Jevedor

Fighter
New Hampshire Staff
Crossroads Staff
Hey Guys,

I dont play the Ashbury chapter as often as I would like, so Im just doing my usual reminder that I am allergic to peanuts/tree nuts. With peanuts & cashews it is an airborne proximity allergy. I will have my epi pen. Let me know if there are any questions.

- Jeremy

Food Committee Response:

At no time are nut products allowed in the TAVERN. If your brownies etc have peanuts in them keep them in your tent, room, cabin etc. This includes peanut butter, peanuts, almonds, cashews, and any other nut I haven't thought of. Keep them out of the TAVERN. This must also extend to cover the HEALS GUILD as players with NUT ALLERGIES may have to resurrect in the course of the weekend (I'm coming for you Jeramy :) ).

I know the Healers Guild usually has a lot of candies and treats, many of which have nuts in them. I am going to have to ask that those jars (the ones with nuts) be kept sealed for this event.

Failure to comply will be met with disciplinarily action at the Marshal's and Head of Rules discretion.

--bill
HQ Head of Food Committee

That should be printed and posted on the tavern and healers' guild doors. :)

Also, I'd like to point out that I'm allergic to shellfish. Not an airborne deal, I'd have to eat it (or rub it in my eye, for some odd reason.)

So, please advise when you will be serving any lobster bisque or shrimp scampi. :)

Question for clarification - if we have, say, peanut butter power bars or something like that for a personal snack, is it safe enough to eat them in the OPEN BUNKS between the healers guild and the tavern? I don't have my own tent, room, or cabin, because I normally just grab one of those open bunks. Can I munch on my peanut butter snacks there, or is it too risky?

Saftey sugests you should eat those things somewhere else. Honastly its best to just pick a different flavor. If you must have peanut butter power bars, I would sugest eatting them out in the feild. This is make a set policy without a thousand exeptions.
--bill

Ok! That makes sense, and I'll be as safe as possible. I unfortunately had already bought a whole bunch of choc/peanut butter bars, but I can save them for the next event. I've just gotta figure out an easier way for my character to eat in-game in the tavern so I don't need to live off bars the whole weekend, lol. I shall bring chop sticks and wooden spoons and try my luck! No one is allowed to mock me, though! Hahaha, oh the plight of the dryad...

(PS: I raided my mom's pantry and found strawberry power bars---However! Upon careful inspection, it looks like they are still also made with peanut ingredients. So, just a general consideration, I'd say check on the ingredients of any flavor of power bar! :thumbsup: )

Just get some sharp wooden skewers and stab everything to eat. Or... be like my friend Mongo and eat everything "like a barbarian". This is where you just put your face directly into the food. He did this until the unfortunate day we went to pizza hut and tried to eat a pizza like a barbarian. This resulted in him pausing with his face buried in the pie then screaming "HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!" and pulling sticky cheese off of his face. Needless to say this was the end of his barbarian eating days.

Hahaha! Yeah I should make Alda get all ravenous and eat "like a barbarian." I'm sure it'd be hilarious xD

Back