People and Adventures of Icenia

Cyprus

I would like to genuinely thank all of those who came to my side last gather with little to no information with regards to the necromancer that attacked the town, along with some of my misguided kin. I would like to take this time to fully explain everything as you all deserve it. Many of my memories of the world ,before the great sleep, have been rushing back to me within these past few weeks but most still remain elusive.

The Necromancers name is Gwyrtheyrn (gwerr-thayrn). He was known as the Tiarna or for lack of a better word , the King, of Clan Duilleoga, my clan before the great sleep . He was a just and kind ruler, one i trusted and fought for countless times before his fall into the teachings of undeath and Necromancy.

A prophecy of a great Calamity was foretold by our people for many generations. As time went on the signs of the impending Calamity grew closer and closer. Many of us saw the approaching Calamity as a necessity to cleanse the land to make way for the new generations and new life just as the earth has always done. But not Gwyrtheyrn , he feared the Calamity... he feared losing his power and sought ways to avert it.

He began to secretly delve into the tainted magic of necromancy and undeath. He was cunning in his plan as he began to slowly spread his own fears into the hearts of my family, telling them his methods were in the best interest of the clan and threatened those who defied him with expulsion and permanent death. By the time I became aware of his motives and plans he had already corrupted most of the clan and had them expediting his cowardly plans. I tried to reason with my clansmen the best i could but our Tiarna's spell had already taken hold , it was as if they were enslaved to his will and there was nothing i could do , well almost nothing.... I fought back.

Gwyrtheyrn marked me as an enemy of the clan and an outlaw that should be killed on sight. I took to the forest, the next closest clan lived 50 miles to the west and i knew if i could make it there I would have allies to overthrow Gwyrtheyrn and hopefully save my clansmen. They hunted me through the night and into the next day as I ran for the village, that is when I assume the Calamity hit. The color began to fade from the world and was blanketed in a grey hue, my steps began to slow until i could not lift my legs, my eyes grew heavy and my vision slowly faded to black. From what I have been told since my awakening , the Calamity is commonly refereed to as The Great Sleep.

Upon my awakening I had no memories of what had happened but leading up to the tournament, there was some sort of tremor within the spirit of the earth and I slowly began to remember my old life in bits and pieces, once Gwyrtheyrn came to Flameheart keep all of the memories became clear and connected. During the battle at the keep we were able to capture one of my clansmen and with the help of Kar, Tempest, Lili, and squire Kailani they were able to break the chains on my clansmen's mind , freeing her from her servitude.

I am truly sorry for bringing this blight to the doorstep of Icenia and I am doing everything in my power to right this wrong. As we speak I have formed a hunting party to find Gwyrtheyrn and turning him to dust where he stands as well as save as many of my clansmen as i can.

- Cyprethius Bogmender

Cyprus, you have the family as you need us. Tell me where we must go

I will do all I can for you, brother. We will meet again soon.

Back