Period/Setting music?

Lemmonaid

I'm throwing around the idea of my character being a musician, and I was wondering what kind of songs/music would fit the setting? I'm a singer and (ametur) giutarist, so my main skill-set (in therms of instruments) resides in strumming instruments. Should I splurge on a 100% period-accurate instrument, or just pick up ukulele or banjo? Also, does anyone have any idea of how to find period songs to learn?

That would very much depend on where you're going to be playing at. For instance, San Francisco has two different campaigns; one is a post-apocalyptic setting and one is your classic sword and sorcery style setting. You should definitely ask the chapter you plan to house your character in/play the most in if they have a particular setting/feel.

I'm planning on playing at HQ's "Ashbury" game (Which I'm pretty sure is the Swords and Sorcery one?) if that helps any!

HQ is a bit far from San Francisco! You might get a better response if you asked down in the Headquarters section. At the very least, the in game section of their part of the forums might give you some feel.

Back