Physrep reminder

Polare

Count
Good afternoon,

I'd like to make a reminder to players of Alliance Seattle (and Oregon) that physreps are required for non-human races. As per the national Alliance rules, a character may not use "real" sideburns to satisfy the physrep for a Hobling or a "real" beard to satisfy the physrep for a Dwarf. This was recently brought up again and we need to make sure we are satisfying the national rules on this topic.

Players who have sideburns or beards and wish to play a Dwarf or Hobling must have some additional physrep to clearly indicate their character's race. This might include adding a strip of artificial hair to the sides of existing sideburns, a beard attachment in addition to their usual one, etc. etc. - but no matter what, characters in plain sight must be recognizable as their race.

If you have questions about this requirement, feel free to ask them here or PM myself or another marshal.

Thank you,
Bryan Gregory
Alliance Seattle Head of Rules

As a Hobling I would love to use fake sideburns to physrep my race, but my real sideburns get in the way. Would using a makeup pencil to "highlight" or "outline" my sideburns be acceptable?

The key part is that it needs to be clear what race you are. I would recommend trying an outline out and seeing how it looks. I know in the past some players have used a makeup pencil to add extra width/girth to their existing sideburns, and it has been obvious that they were hoblings, so that can definitely be one method.

-Bryan

Awesome! I'll give that a try! I'll probably try picking up a set of fake ones too, ya know, just in case.

Thanks!

jpariury said:
Dwarves can be physrepped with real beards so long as you braid your beard. (see pg 38)

Good point. I suppose if you were able to braid your sideburns you could be a dwarf that way, but not a Hobling :)

Back