Pictures wanted for new Rule Book

Wait... don't the photos get published in black and white? What's the purpose of having different colors? Wouldn't three distinct shades of blue packets be just as effective?

the whole book will now be in colour.

These pictures are enormous and probably going to hang right off the page; it's all three colors fully pictured when viewed in full.

261mcg2.jpg

2s7jabl.jpg

We take a ton of pictures at South Michigan. And we do prop monsters a lot.

I have higher res photos of these.

309860_10100438090155732_1128095312_n.jpg

One of our Liches who got in a tangle with a gelatinous goo cube.

1043931_10101495229764482_642195209_n.jpg

Thomm or Troll Daddy as the Kobolds call him

210839_10100438087755542_287960202_o.jpg

This is one of my favorites. Wolfkin and Lizardkin. John and Allison look great in this photo.

1015734_10101495235742502_1679731301_o.jpg

Here's me as a drider with a drider dark elf standoff. Too bad we don't have any pictures of the giant scorpion.

The Alliance South Michigan page has a ton more if you're still looking.

mythic said:
the whole book will now be in colour.

The downloaded version only. The paperback will still be in black and white -- otherwise it would cost like $40. (As it is, the price of the paperback will actually be going down a little bit.)

Book is done.

Thanks to everyone who submitted pictures. I obviously couldn't use them all. If I rejected your picture, it was for one of these reasons:

1. Space
2. Too many pictures of the same person
3. Another picture of the same kind was better and I didn't want too many similar poses
4. Not high enough dpi for printing
5. Anachronisms in the background
6. Poor costuming or make-up

Thanks again! The book is here: http://alliancelarp.com/books.php

Mike Ventrella said:
If you sent me pictures, or know who took the pictures that I may have taken from your sites, please post those names so I can thank you in the next book.

Credit to the photographer is always good, even if the photographer sent the photo in himself. Particularly if the photographer didn't even know that his photos were submitted for him.

rulebook page 35, page 88 and page 125 - Photo by Alex Shamis

Thank you for choosing my photo. I'm happy to see it in the book.
Photo Page 143:
Subject: Lauren Morgan
Photographer: Almus - PlayVice Photography

Holly Pariury: 64, 69, 77, 102, 112, 115
JP Pariury: 110
(To be fair, some of the ones I listed for Holly may be JP's, but they were all on the same camera, so I can't tell).
Carmen Swift: all 15 on pages 84 and 85

Woohoo, snuck in there twice. Pages 58, and 80. NOt sure who took the photos, either Belinda Hamilton or Shauna Park as they took the majority of Calgary's photos.

Apparently some chapters are complaining that they didn't get any pictures in the book.

In my defense, I asked people to donate pictures in more than one place here. I made all sorts of requests. People posted pictures and sent some in. I did not ask which chapter they came from, and still couldn't tell you which ones came from which chapters with the exception of the ones I took and the ones submitted by Crossroads.

If someone sent in pictures I didn't use, it might have been because they weren't good enough, were out of focus or too dark, did not have a high enough dpi ratio for printing, had anachronisms in them (too many pictures of people in good costumes with cars in the background), or otherwise just weren't as good as the ones I used.

I definitely did not go out of my way to avoid any chapters, and did try my best to not have too many of the same person in more than one picture.

Benjamin and Queenie Thayer pg 120, taken by Sharon Rose

Back