Planning for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
She squinted at Calan telling that he was tense. Clearly something that she had said wasn’t sitting well with him. Clearly he was talking in some sort of code. “I’m sure that there is a short list somewhere of those who would benefit the most.”

"did you remember to make sure that our clan was on that list?" he said with a laugh. " I dont know about you but I feel like if we put in all the work we should benefit too."

She paused to think for a moment as a voice in the back of her head started laughing. She snorted, “I believe that the whole point of operation pumpkin was for our benefit.”

Last edited:
vanion hesitantly raised his hand. "what is operation pumpkin, and am I on the list?" his voice trailed off in puzzlement as he ask it.

Calans smirk becomes almost diabolical. he looked towards Rohnan. " yeah, what is operation pumpkin, and is vanion on the list?"

She raised her eyebrows. Clearly this has turned into some sort of interrogation, “Why would you be on the list? I just met you. As for what it is, I just met you. Give it a month or two. Let us fight together for a bit, nothing creates good bonds like saving each other’s lives a few times. Where do you specialize in your skills?”

“Hmmm, well, you just might have met the right girl for both if you play you cards right.” She winked at Vanion. “We do actually have some free beds in there right now with a few people away currently.”

She turned back to Calan, “Anyway I need to go see a Magus about a thing if you had no other pumpkin related or unrelated things to go over”

Calan chuckled at that, "well, Id rather specialize in sleeping in a hut myself, but I fear if that's your dream you my friend have come to the wrong place." his laugh grows larger. "you may have jumped out of the fire... but in following me you have jumped into the frying pan. while it seems safer here your more likely to get better at the first specialty over the other."

calan looked back towards rohnan. "how rude, of course he can be on the list. Jinn would say that it is un sylvanborn of you to leave someone out, especially a Sylvanborn."

Last edited:
"no, I am not your keeper. one more thing before you go, what did I lose last time you and I travelled through the mists?"

Vanions eyes widen a bit at the proposition. Its not that such things were foreign to him, it's more the timing of it that through him off. he raised his hand as if he was about to say something, but then lowered it right away and remained silent.

‘More tests’ she thought to herself as the voice was annoyingly quiet. That was enough to give her what she needed to go on though. “I never added him before because I litteraly just met him. But if you feel that strongly then, I’ll leve it to you too add him. Though I think that a good reason is still warranted, maybe there is something that you can fill me in on latter.”

she started to walk away towards the arcane sanctum when she heard his next question. a cold feeling filled her at those words and she spun around to say, “We both lost too much when we went though the mists. But I’m doing what I can to reclaim some of that. I don’t know what you’re playing at or trying to prove.” She could feel control over herself slipping away and before she knew it, Rohnan was yelling at Calan, “How dare you throw that in my face? I was doing everything that I could to get to you. To try and save you. That’s all that I’ve been doing since then and you!” A lightning bolt sped past the two men and hit a tree. The anger on Rohnan’s face washed away to pain. She locked eyes with Calan for a moment of brief panic before raising her hand to her face and rubbed her eyes. When her hands dropped there was a stark difference to the lack of emotion that was present moments before. Her voice was flat as she spoke, “You have always turned that care, that effort, and have thrown it back. I’ll see you later Calan, that is assuming that you haven’t wondered off again.” She turned around and continued down the path to the sanctum.

Calan not wanting to let it go wandered down behind her, “ you wait one minute.” He shouted at her; you know full well I lost something very specific and I am not talking about our lives.” Calan hurried ahead to get in front of her. “You are absolutely right, I know better than anyone what’s going on in your head because I have it in mine too. You arnt acting the least bit like your self. So unless you can satisfy my questions I’m half tempted to march into that office and have a word with Evo myself.”

She gave him a dark grin, “I’m not acting like myself? What exactly are you trying to accuse me of Calan? Because paranoia is very unlike you.” She was no longer smiling as she said this next bit, “So, if you want to come with me while I go talk to Evo then fine. I have things to do and the sooner we get this settled the better.”

Last edited:
"You're deflecting and it's not going to work. Paranoia is not even an accurate description of my behaviour. You want to blow me off fine but nobody here know you better than me, the Rohnan I know wouldn’t be so flippant about me returning after days of going missing let alone months.” He pauses to catch his breath. “Jinn, has been missing almost half a year now. You chased me into Evos office to to make sure we went looking for him. We were to go looking for him together the day after the mists swallowed me. As far as I know you and Phal never went. Now I mention that I’ve heard from him and you all but feign interest. My kinsmen would have glued them self to my side and nagged me till I was more forthcoming.” Calan looks her over while contemplating what more to say, and what to keep to himself.

A rush of excitement came from the back of her mind while she scowled at him. “Again Calan, what are you accusing me of? Not caring enough? Wasn’t it not too long ago that you and everyone else was telling me to calm down more. You and Jinn are both adults. If he’s contacting you that’s nice. But both of you left me here. Alone. It’s clear to me that I don’t actually mean that much to you. It wasn’t too long ago that you killed me because you were bored. I’m just showing you the same level of care and consideration that you’ve shown me.”

Phalaenopsis exited the house, having placed the books left just inside the door on a table so as to remove the tripping hazard, and took a deep breath of the fresh, brisk air. It had been several weeks since his foray through the mists, and things were... the same, but different. A Sylvanborn from the other shard had accompanied them back, and had latched onto Calan as his anchor in a strange land; Phalaenopsis wondered, briefly, if it wasn't better to send him back to his home, but the man came of his own will and didn't seem in any hurry to return, so he didn't press the issue. He understood, better than possibly anyone else in the house, what it meant to leave a bad situation behind and make a new family where you find yourself, and was more than willing to allow the newcomer to find his footing and find a home where he pleased at his own pace.

"Oh, hello, Vanion." Phalaenopsis said warmly, "I hope today finds you well? If you're looking for Calan, he's not inside, but I'm sure he's not too far." And that was when he heard the snipping of Calan and Rohnan coming from down the path; not the sibling-like, more-or-less good-natured snipping common to them, but what sounded like an actual argument, with unusually harsh tones. "Um, actually, hold that thought." he said apologetically, turning from Vanion and standing at the edge of the patio, "I think I might have to intervene here shortly... And it might be better if you stay here if it comes to that." He unbuckled his right belt pouch and withdrew a cluster of prepared alchemy, ready in case it came to blows; under normal circumstances, he'd let them spar and fight, but this... This was different. He descended the stairs so he could hear what was being said; perhaps he was being paranoid, and they were arguing over something trivial...

Vanion stood in bewilderment, and shock. He looked at the pair arguing, then back at Palanopsis, then back again.

"are they, you know?" He gestures with his hands one making a circular ring inserting the index finger of the other hand in and out. "eh- hem. Lovers? One minute, Calan and I were talking about pumpkins? and some sort of portable dwelling. next thing I know ronan? Rohan? Ramin? came up to the house with an arm full of books set them down, started talking, Now they are arguing over who knows what and she's going back to study or something... without her books. I am so confused, is this normal?"

For a split, second while she snapped at him Calan began to question his suspicion, but that passed as quickly as it came. Calan stopped dead in his tracks, "The same consideration? Killed you because I was bored? Leaving you? I...." rage filled him, " You want to run off now and 'show me the same consideration'" he said with air quotations. " go for it. but you and I both Know I didnt kill Rohnan because I was bored there was more to that incident than that. you sure as well know I wouldn't and didn't leave on my own accord. You also know Jinn wouldn't be gone this long without a bloody explanation. I dont know who you are but youre most certainly not the Rohnan I know and love."

Calan turned and walked back to the cabin taking deep breaths to calm himself. then without skipping a beat as though nothing had happened, he greeted his other kinsmen.

"oh good day Phal, how are you today? out of curiosity, have you heard from Jinn?"

She glared at Calan as he walked off and then turned her head and grinned. With a deep breath she continued down the path to the Arcane Sanctum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back