Plate slide

John

Artisan
I bought some plate bracers for my wife and I. The problem is that the bracers slide down even when the buckles are pulled tight. Any suggestions on how to stop it?

John

Have you tried bending the plate to better fit her wrists? Some plate has a little more flexibility, which might allow you a bit of wiggle room to re-shape. She may also need some extra padding under the bracers - a gambeson, wraps, or fur can help with this.

Could you post a picture? Sometimes it is easier to troubleshoot if you can see the problem.

But Jovunn has the right of it. You might need to pad them out some.

Thanks. I will have to try that.

Kriss: They are just like the ones frisco wears but the bright finish rather then dull.

Last edited:
Then you will absolutely be able to bend them to better fit your wife; Frisco has reshaped his pretty substantially to get them to stay put with very little effort, and he also had to use padding because his arms are noodly.

Our problem is the taper. My wife and I arn't small by any means. I guess I will have to give it a try for her.

Any chance you know where I can find armor rivets like the ones on that armor? I have to make adjustments to my wifes greives.

Rivets: Tandy Leather actually.

Padding works, I have two layers of felt under mine, but they still slip. Lately I just have an elastic bullet sleeve that I put potions in that the straps catch on and it stays in place: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Rifle-Bullet-Band/742105.uts
(My forearms are a bit big so it's been split and sewn so it fits better)

However, you have some other options, namely this stuff, which works for masks and the like: http://www.amazon.com/Duck-1100731-Non-Adhesive-12-Inch-20-Feet/dp/B002AS9NAI

My first thought was sweat bands to help stop the slide. The thing I was worried about is that she is going to be an earth scholar. If she was going sword and board fighter the slide would be no big deal. I just worry a bit the one time it will be a "cure light wounds" followed by the thud of a bracer.

I seriously just use my hands and bend it to fit me. Without armor to attach to above the shoulder, they're gonna slide a little. However, you can make them just tight enough by bending the two ends closer together. The thing is that you have to base how much you bend it based on the spacing of the holes in your buckle strap. You'll figure it out.

Also, the thicker and softer you can make your under passing, the better. Faux fur works perfectly unless you're a human.

She will be a human but I have a couple ideas that might work. Thanks all for the help.

Back