Playtest Event Info Dump (Prereg, etc)

I've heard from a few people asking "How do I prepare my Magic Items?"

Here's what I did, and what might work for you:

1. List out all the Ritual effects on your items.
2. Mark off, for each item, which of those effects are in the "removed" or "changed significantly" lists from the Playtest Packet.
3. Count up this total for each item.
4. Go through the list of new rituals and write down which ones might be interesting for your character.
5. Start putting in new rituals up to the total number of "removed" or "changed" rituals from step 3.
6. Allocate these appropriately to the items.

For example, let's say I have a character with the following items:

Two-Handed Sword
Spell Parry x2
Item Recall
Channel Spell: Purify x1
Expanded Enchantment: Cure Mortal Wounds x2

Pouch
Cloak: Curse x1
Cloak: Gift x1
Cloak: Alteration x1
Cloak: Binding x1

First, I go through these items and mark off which ones need to swap out. From the sword, that's the Channel Spell and the two Expanded Enchantments; Item Recall and Spell Parry don't change, so they stay as-is. From the pouch, that's all 4 Cloaks.

So now I have a total of 3 Rituals from the sword, and 4 from the pouch.

I go through the Playtest Packet and a few of the new Rituals really seem to fit for the character. I write down Empowered Armor, Elemental Strike, Heroic Interception, Empowered Warrior, Retribution, and Spell Swap. I can pick a combination of 7 of them total to swap out; 3 for the sword, and 4 for the pouch.

Looking at these rituals, I decide I want 2x Empowered Armor and 1 of each of the others for a total of 7. Now I need to reallocate them to the items I have.

Some of these rituals are specific targets: Item<Armor> for the Armor rituals and Item<Spellbook> for Spell Swap. As per the Playtest Packet, this allows me to change their targets so I can try them out. I end up with:

Two-Handed Sword
Spell Parry x2
Item Recall
Heroic Interception x1
Elemental Strike x1

Pouch
Empowered Warrior
Retribution x1

Spellbook
Spell Swap x1

Armor
Empowered Armor x2

To actually prereg all this, I first go to the Character Management App and put in my new character. Then I prereg via the app for the event, and in the "Notes" field I put:

-----------------------------------------------------

I currently have these Magic Items:

Two-Handed Sword
Spell Parry x2
Item Recall
Channel Spell: Purify x1
Expanded Enchantment: Cure Mortal Wounds x2

Pouch
Cloak: Curse x1
Cloak: Gift x1
Cloak: Alteration x1
Cloak: Binding x1

I'll be changing these out to these items for the Playtest:

Two-Handed Sword
Spell Parry x2
Item Recall
Heroic Interception x1
Elemental Strike x1

Pouch
Empowered Warrior
Retribution x1

Spellbook
Spell Swap x1

Armor
Empowered Armor x2

@Polare

Just to be clear, if the ritual still exists you cant change it? Even if changing class or builds. Like say you Have spell parries, but want to test a rogue, can you change the spell parries to something a rogue can use? Or I am shifting to a more spell heavy templar and can't use as many spell parries as I have?

Also thanks for posting this, it is very helpful.

What about items like:

1/day bane binding
3/ever bane binding

Can I just make this item 4/day retribution, or would it become 1/day retribution, 3/ever retribution?

Last edited:
Times/evers should stay times/evers.

A ritual that still exists should stay the same. However, if you're completely unable to utilize a ritual due to class or skill changes, I'd say it falls under the "...if the character becomes unable to use a specific existing item or changes the type of weapon/item they specialize in..." clause - go ahead and swap to something you can use. This should be kept to something you can completely no longer use, however (such as Spell Parry for a character that has no Parry).

-Bryan

Yes, a Permanent item with a Spirit Link, an Item Recall, or a Spirit Lock has that ritual "refunded" with the new Spirit Lock enforcement.

@Polare

I assume effects from flaws like 1/day bane or 1/d spell shield dont count for remaking stuff?

As noted in the Playtest Packet:

True Empowerment flaws and "Half Damage from X / Double Damage from X" flaws created via the Ritual Manipulation High Magic are removed from all items; if it is unclear whether such a flaw was due to this High Magic, the flaw should be removed by default.

Hey all! I have an important announcement regarding MAGIC ITEMS for the playtest! Please listen up!

If you missed it on Discord, there's an important thing about TIMES EVER magic items you need to know:
If you convert a ritual to a times ever ritual and then expend the times ever, you LOSE the original ritual at the end of the weekend.

So, say Sally has 2 Cloaks she wants to turn into times ever Corrupts for the playtest. She totally does so. No biggie. Then, during the event, she uses one of the times ever Corrupts. At the end of the event, when her rituals revert back to 1.3, one of her cloaks is GONE! FOREVER! KAPUT!

This brings up two very important points:
1) If you use times evers during the playtest, you need to email me and let me know what times evers were expended by FRIDAY AFTER THE EVENT! I'll need to update the tags accordingly. You should include your name, the ritual expended, and the magic item number. You can email me Seattle tags too, I'll be sure Seattle gets them. (I'll post a reminder after the event too.)

2) If you didn't know this and now want to get rid of all your times evers, please DO NOT EMAIL ME! Bring a list of what you want to convert them to to Logistics on Friday night, and we'll write it on your cards then. Emails now for changing battle boards will just make me sad. ;-;

If you have questions, feel free to email me, or hit up the Discord channel and we'll get them answered ASAP.

Thanks everyone! See you soon!

Back