Plight of the Mystic Wood Elves

I would love to refit people super fast but there is just so much dirty dirty cheater armor being worn by adventurers.

If you can make armor and provide instructions so I can put it all back on straight without needing to also know how to make arrows and horseshoes, I'll wear it.

Also it needs to protect me from getting hit in the back of the head, and provide the full protection I have now.

-Gideon

Last edited:
I hate to say it but I agree with saro. If memory serves while the town prepared to face despair within the confines of Maxwells head. Knowing that we would be confronted by our fears, a small group of people went to bed. Amazing enough seen people were quite awake when it came time to distribute the spoils. So you can't complain about nobody helping you if you don't actually help out anybody else. People remember these things.
I am sick of all this pointing fingers. Yeah, I did it too. Great, whatever. And, for the record, I am still a healer. I am pretty sure I've revived enough bloodied adventurer bodies and stopped fatal wounds in the middle of battles that no one should accuse me of not helping anyone else. I help, damnit. Every time I adventure, it's to help. It's my job. Some might even say I enjoy it. And I don't generally ask for any gratitude in return. That's just the life of a healer. And the only spoils I was around for that I didn't fight for was to buy a magic item on that was being auctioned off so I could put it in my guild's coffers.

Okay? Okay. Great. I'm gonna step off the metaphorical podium now. I hate politics and leadership crap. I'm just gonna help people instead of asking for help from now on. I'm good at that part. Not so much the convincing people I'm not a terrible person part. Probably because I am a terrible person and a bad liar, but aren't all adventurers?

Also, Ahlana reminds me, does anyone need to be taught how to administer first aid? I can teach. Shar and Nomm can, too.

Cenarith,

Believe me, even by adventurer metrics, you are not a terrible person. It's obvious you are concerned about the welfare of your people, and emotions may have run high in this discourse regarding that plight. I would hope that no one here hold such passion against you, and you certainly should not hold it against yourself. In fact, hold fast to that conviction, because it is part of what defines you.

As for asking for help from the adventurers, I would urge you not to abandon such a practice either. We are a community, even if a slightly disfunctional one, and if you require the assistance of the collective, there is no better way than to be the same caring Mystic I've always witnessed you to be. Let's be brutally honest here, I am a terrible person, and most people despise me, but if I can still gather a contingent to accompany me on dangerous escapades, someone like you can certainly rally their support in a just cause.

For what it's worth, you have this terrible elf's word and magic to back you should you pursue this matter next market day, so long as I am not indisposed.

In Truth,

- Velnaeus Xevaz, of the Seekers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I came late but it looks like that some of you didn't listen to a word I said back then when I spoke of the pool and the taint and the protections on the forest. There's a reason that most mystics know my name and it's because of the purpose I once held before the forest morphed.

Let me put some things to rest: the shadow cat creatures were summoned by the outsider because the protections of the forest had failed because the guardian had been transported ahead in time.

Because of this, the powers were changed. Once the pool was cleansed which only a mystic could sacrifice themselves to do... the forest protections returned but we're no longer the same since the forest was no longer whole.

From what I understand, we restored it to the best of our ability and I forced my will upon the missing piece to return it to where it belonged. We even managed to sort out Brennan and his involvement, and now harbor an ally in him as far as I'm aware.

When last I was in the lands, the stones elves hated my kind and none were willing to help the hallow elves... I have not been around in a while so I am not aware of how that situation has progressed.

I never said that no one else could help, in fact, I handed out scrolls for the ritual words to everyone in hopes that maybe it would be seen as a request for help... I even spoke those words. I've seen how my sister is often disregarded and I don't understand why her words might hold less weight on this as mine. We both sacrificed to bring peace back to the woods but peace must be upheld by all, not just the two of us.

If there were side quests that she could have been involved in while I was away, then perhaps communication has been a bigger issue. I know that is a common issue in all adventuring communities. We don't always keep the lines open. Perhaps instead of fighting about who did what and which person understands the situation better... we need to come together and discuss truly what can be done.

No matter what land I travel to... my people are often a prize to be won rather than a friend to be treasured but we as adventurers have to push through to keep protecting those who cannot protect themselves. It's our fact of life and we must accept it.

May the moonlight guide you safely home,

Eldandiril
Guardian of the Crescent Oasis

Last edited:
I am sick of all this pointing fingers. Yeah, I did it too. Great, whatever. And, for the record, I am still a healer. I am pretty sure I've revived enough bloodied adventurer bodies and stopped fatal wounds in the middle of battles that no one should accuse me of not helping anyone else. I help, damnit. Every time I adventure, it's to help. It's my job. Some might even say I enjoy it. And I don't generally ask for any gratitude in return. That's just the life of a healer. And the only spoils I was around for that I didn't fight for was to buy a magic item on that was being auctioned off so I could put it in my guild's coffers.

Okay? Okay. Great. I'm gonna step off the metaphorical podium now. I hate politics and leadership crap. I'm just gonna help people instead of asking for help from now on. I'm good at that part. Not so much the convincing people I'm not a terrible person part. Probably because I am a terrible person and a bad liar, but aren't all adventurers?

Also, Ahlana reminds me, does anyone need to be taught how to administer first aid? I can teach. Shar and Nomm can, too.
I would be happy to listen to any complaints or grievances that you have about anything I said. I will be at the marketday and you can feel free to bring them up to me in person and I will give them the consideration they deserve.

I believe the Outcast was responsible for those creatures, Outsider was most likely a misdream.

- Velnaeus Xevaz, of the Seeker.

I believe the Outcast was responsible for those creatures, Outsider was most likely a misdream.

- Velnaeus Xevaz, of the Seeker.

Velnaeus is correct

Eldandiril

Back