Plot submissions

Now that we have had an event, it's time for people to start sending in plot submissions.

For anyone who doesn't know or at least wasn't sure, a plot submission is for telling the plot team what you want your character to be doing from the ending of the preceding event until the start of the next one. Much like a character history, there are certain guidelines you should follow.

The major one is simply this: you tell us what you hope to accomplish, and we tell you how it works out. Say you want to go hunting Jotuns. Your submission should look like "Ator does research on the reported whereabouts and activities of any Jotuns in the area and if successful rallies up a posse of Wolf, Blake, Utieties and Grall to go kick some Jotun ***." It should not look like "Ator tracks the Jotuns back to their secret cave, and then he and his buddies kick some Jotun ***. I think we should get a 6 Drain a day amulet as treasure."

Plot submissions should be sent to deadlandsovermind at gmail dot com, unless otherwise directed.

It's a good idea to get submissions in soon. The sooner I get them, the sooner I can start working, and the more likely I'll be kind, helpful Dan when writing your response. I will not be accepting any submissions for the 5/23-25 event after 12:noon on Friday the 16th. I simply will not have time to address them if they come in after that. Even sooner is better, though; preferably with the next two weeks. That gives me enough time to coordinate between similar or conflicting submissions.

If you have a group of people working together as part of a submission, the best thing to do is pick a contact person for your group and have them send me the submission, along with the email addresses of the others in your group. I will be better able to work with one representative than individually with a bunch of people. If your character is part of a group write-up and has a hidden agenda, send that to me separately. You little sneak.

I was used in an example! I was used in an example!

So. Um. I don't get my 6/d Drain item?

On a related note, race packets will be available soon. If you want a race packet, you must either have a character of that race in the Deadlands database, or be seriously intending to have one soon. You may have only one such "extra" race packet at a time. Again, to request a race packet, email me and I'll get you a packet once they are finalized, which should be within the next 10 - 12 days.

-Dan "Just Remember, You Cannot Press the Edit Button Because There IS No Edit Button" Beshers

PS. My god, that was fast. Shane, do you WORK at work?

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
PS. My god, that was fast. Shane, do you WORK at work?

Well. Um.

No. Not really. I read a lot of web comics, though. You wouldn't believe how much they pay me to do so. Suckers!

Where's my Drain item?

(I won't be responding right away to your answer to that last question, sadly. It's time to go to the gym.)

Back