Poll: What are your overall feelings about the proposed 2.0 rules compared to our current rules v.1.

What are your overall feelings about the proposed 2.0 rules compared to our current rules v.1.3?

• Total voters
Also simplify vertigo nausea etc
And some kind of capstone or high magic ability for fighters/rouges.

Folks ... this is why many persons avoid these forums. This isn't a "stay on topic" deal. This is just listing things you don't like, and complaining about others' not changing your liked/disliked topics.

Frankly, because this is Forum Feedback, and there has likely been zero concern raised about it through Playtest Feedback Forms that are submitted.

Genuinely.

What we say in this forum DOES NOT MATTER and the owners (who are the only people whose opinions matter), overall, IGNORE what is said here and the opinions therein. Yes, there are a few owners here and there that are participating, but that doesn't mean that what we say here is seen/heard/read by anyone but that owner and it doesn't even necessarily indicate that the other owners agree/see the point, etc.

This forum is simply a place for players to talk and discuss things, and get frustrated and upset about things, and have nobody who actually matters listen/care. Period. End of story. It's mostly just a waste of time for anything beyond what amounts to "friendly discussion that is meaningless". The only hope is that an owner sees it, listens, pays attention, and then tries to convince the other owners.

Hey Adam,

For what it's worth, it *does* matter, and some of us *are* listening. I think the polls (the more specific ones) are actually very useful tools for us, in my opinion. Since they've started, I intend to be able to use them to reference on the owner boards for discussion moving forward from this playtest round.

That said, actually filling out the playtest feedback is also important. Having one clear source helps make sure we aren't double-counting, etc. I absolutely recommend doing both - continuing discussions on the forums and showing up to playtests. ;)

For me

1) Institute the MI reduction

2) Give Earth Casters a Healing pool of some sort (Wands, making Healer's Resolve into a wand-esque ability, whatever)

I know there's concerns with body bloat and damage bloat, but I genuinely believe that's more a symptom of having an uncapped leveling system than an uncapped prof/backstab system. And we all know level caps will never happen.

Pretty much sums up my target right here. Given the current state of 2.0, I'd much rather be playing 1.3 with MIs pruned and a few race updates (gypsies/barbarians).

I would argue that the reason most of the player base ignores these forums is not because of hostility from forum members, but instead lack of knowledge on the subject matter. Most of the people who are actively participating here have spent significant time going over the new rules and are thus ready, willing, and able to discuss them in a public setting. Most of the player base, including many of the owners just don't have the time to truly read and understand the new rules and consider things like balance issues, scaleability, etc. I don't fault those who don't have the time to do a deep dive into the rules, but at the same time I have to ask whose opinion is more informed? The person who has a thorough understanding of the new rules based on play testing, reading, and discussion, or the guy who got a brief run down before a play test and only has a basic understanding of the new rules as they pertain to his/her character? We certainly don't want to dismiss the feedback of those who have spent less time learning the new rules, all feedback is valuable, but we also need additional feedback from other sources. The fact of the matter is that we simply cannot properly educate and test the huge amount of material presented in 2.0 in our limited play test windows no matter how hard we try, thus discussion and theorycrafting is a valid and necessary tool in addition to live play testing.

I'd disagree with your speculation, but for reasons that I think predate your experience with our forums. Prior to the disappearance of the Rules Theory forums, which were, by far, the most active part of our forums, folks were consistently intimidated and discouraged from participating due to the combative nature of that section. Prior to the Playtest discussions going public, these forums were basically dead outside of the occasional announcement.

Additionally, there's a lot of resentment over chapters being forced into the National forums (or, at the very least, I've experienced that resentment at the local level). The Seattle local forums were pretty regularly used.

I like the simplified casting, easier to understand what I got hit with, and what I can dodge or evade with. I like that it is called OOG. It makes sense, like 2 normal, also OOG. but I do like adding the damage value, so I don't have to break off and ask the poor newbie NPC how much damage, then get everyone else confused or running around our little OOG island of 2 to 3 bodies that becomes 6 bodies, when everyone wants to help answer.

the new MI.. yes. does want. I <3 trap avoidance and spell stores ( or was it ability store ) as I don't always use my resists.

My impression is that I feel like people like the idea of 2.0 *except* for the following

Items with issues
-Scaling Prof/Backstab costs
-Flurry
-Removal of PTD/forever swings/Burst damage from Improved Slay/Assasinate
-New Incants
-Spell/Effect changes (Evade, Corrupt, etc.)
-Ritual Use (I feel like Ross Perot - Flat Cap!!)

This would still allow for
-Consolidation of effect groups
-new skills (Counteract, Resolute, etc.)
-new MI system
-Delivery changes (Spell/Poison/Arcane/Elemental/Silver/Normal)
-Meditate

Am I missing anything?

It's not that 2.0 has fundamental issues, it is still using the same HP/damage call system. We still track body and defenses. We still manage effect lists. Fundamentally it is the same system. The unique attributes of it just need some tweaking to keep the parts of 1.3 that people like, and add in the really neat things that ARC has come up with.

Across the board I think I am in the minority of people that enjoy the current MI system, but it is a change I can live with. Even a level 40 prof only fighter under the new system gets dealt with quick with the new delivery systems. The idea that unscaled damage is fixed by burst damage is actually way harder to handle as a plot team in my opinion as you can never plan for it properly. It may seem like a cool change that brings the bottom up faster, but with the removal of build replicating effects, I think this can be done by a Earned Build rewrite much more effectively.

No one with RPG experience expects to kill the dragon their first event/game. Part of the fun of playing a non-one shot game is to build up to epic moments. Our game just has the benefit of having epic characters in it.

When I started there were multiple high 30/40th level characters in my home campaign. I looked at them and was like wow! I want that some day! So through my adventures they went from epic characters, to mentors, to peers, but the system of degrading returns worked. It is my opinion that we could get much more mileage by tweaking that system slightly for simplicity.

This would still allow for
-Consolidation of effect groups
-new skills (Counteract, Resolute, etc.)
-new MI system
-Delivery changes (Spell/Poison/Arcane/Elemental/Silver/Normal)
-Meditate

Am I missing anything?

I think people also like some/most of the crafting changes and the Legerdemain -> Create Trap change. People seem to appreciate the Armor changes. And most of the Racial stuff (except apparently Racial Dodge and possibly Sarr -> Wylderkin). I believe some folks also like the Waylay change. The change for Read/Write to 'Educated' seem well-received. I like the High Magic changes.

I think Paragon stuff and shield size have mixed reviews. Wand damage/charges calculation change haven't seen much feedback, but I suspect that also has mixed reviews (I personally like Formal being part of the calculation, but I am admittedly biased).

Well said on your post. :)

Honestly at this point. I would prefer to stay with 1.3 and just nerf magic items heavily and see how that helps things. I think stripping out DA/Slayers/reavers/expanded enchantment/spellstrikes would fix 90% of my issues. Add in some quality of life changes like removing racial penalties, Read and Write, etc and let the game remain Alliance in style and feel. 2.0 feels like a different game to me.

I should also say I really dislike making spells incants OOG. I would much prefer incants remain IG and add on a damage call to the end. "I call forth a Dragon's Breath. 40 Flame."

Truer words were never spoken.

Josh, I hear you loud and clear pal and my thoughts echo Emily's. We are watching and listening and will do our best to report back what we see here. Every voice is valuable and as CEO, I assure you that I am listening to your concerns. Those polls are hyper critical and I love that I personally have been in just about the largest group almost every time I vote! LOL
Please keep those POLLS coming!!! They are so valuable to me as we move forward in this.

In the past, I have seen some forum posts get pretty heated. I appreciate that through this trying time, folks are mostly sticking to the topics, their points, and not flaming one another like years ago. Thank you kindly for being mature throughout this process.

Jesse

Unfortunately, there are some (or perhaps many) of us who haven't been able to attend any playtest events in order to give official feedback on a playtest form. Granted, giving feedback only by reading it without trying it is a little skewed but for my personal position, it is impossible for me to attend any playtest so the only place I can give my feedback on what I have read and chime in on polls and other discussion areas. So I do hope our feedback here is being listened to, even if it is with a grain of salt.

As for my overall opinion on 2.0? I have yet to investigate paragon paths all that deeply but for the rest of it, I feel that is it boiling the game down to more of an MMO than an larp. It's starting to lose its flavor of a fantasy experience and becoming more of a gaming one. I agree that there needs to be some cleanup of 1.3 with repetitive effects and where that is being done in some areas, I see that in other areas the repetitiveness is being increased (trap makers can now throw trap globes just like spells slingers). That the bloat of a game originally designed not to have a character beyond level 13 needs to be addressed and I can see some of that being done in the various reduction systems but I also believe that the overall system itself hasn't been fundamentally changed enough to accommodate this. However, I'll admit that my ideas tend to be a bit more radical/extreme than most people (such as removing all damage calls other than specials/PTD type skills - please don't ask/comment on this though as I said it would require an entire overhaul and would never get passed anyway).

I am a newish player to larp I have done playtests and played under the current rules, 2.0 makes sense for casting spells and calling out your skills. Please switch over to 2.0 already It plays out so much nicer and makes the game more fun! I know there is minor flaws in 2.0, but nothing compared to the flaws in 1.3

On another note, chapters it sucks coming into a game where there is no way you will ever be able to catch up and stand on equal footing to players that have been there for years.
It will help changing magic items, currently magical items make so much of a difference it is pay to win.

Back