Ponderings on the demise of a people

Telokh Amdo left Saribdis six years ago to find his true path. Through unexpected circumstances he found himself part a family, living among a people as different from himself as one could imagine. Their ways became his ways. Now, it is as if it always was. Telokh Amdo is no more. Telokh Stonebear, Telokh the Wise, stands in his place. A proud remnant of the Bear tribe of the Vansir.

As I begin my journey to find the remains of my people thoughts weigh on my mind. Where will the ones we find go? Will they have a home to return to? The Reclaim will surely be deemed too large to maintain for the handful of us that remain. I do not have answers to these questions, but I will meditate on them often. Perhaps, one day, there will be enough Vansir to claim a land of our own. Until then, by Earth and Sky, by Fire and Water, my search will not end.

My Battle Brothers and Sisters, my friends, I know not when I will see you again. Until that day, be proud, be strong and fight for what is right and just.

In honor,
Telokh Stonebear

What occurred in the reclaim?! I know there had been some sort of energy field, but...the Vansir are a people, they're a race...surely what happened couldn't have been catastrophic enough to cause that many deaths...

Aaeun Nimbus, Voice of the Willows

Telokh's words are true.

I will speak more on this soon... I am trying to get some more exact information on survivors, and making plans with His Grace.

Any who wish to explain details as they know them may do so- I will clarify and give more exact information once I have everything ready.

The Valiant People survive. We are few, but we remain. We have seen the end of the Eternal Battle, and survived. This was not a failure- this was a victory of the highest order.

In Honor and Valor,
Count Ulthoc Crownsmith

Aauen,

The tale is best told in person. To be brief, the Vansir legend of how the race would die has come to pass. A very few are left, being spared by fate. I have made an oath to travel the entire expanse of Tar Navaria to find those that remain.

Telokh,
Vansir not born of Vansir

Ulthoc,

I will arrive this gather on the first morning; my heart mourns your loss as much as it did for my own people, for there are many ways we lived similarly, saw the same earth beneath our feet and the same stars the the heavens. I remember when I returned to the Deadlands after Syraandor was lost to us and I saw the ruin of my people. I will not forget it. I will not forget yours, either.

If you would permit me, I wish to hear the tale of it in full -- if we are lucky, it will be accompanied by fire and whiskey, as all stories should be.

May the Hawk guide your path, Ulthoc Crownsmith. We are the Dying Ones. We are the last heaving breath of a people lost. We are in troubled times and the winds become cold.

- Sevaria of Goshawk

The winds may be cold, shield sister, but they are strong with the memories of your kith and kin. As are Ulthoc's.

Fuzzy, I'll be looking for you friday evening. I think a brew and a good couple songs should be in order.

-Zehnyu Shanshi
Captain to the Pride of Aolia

Back