Possible New chapter in Charlottesville, VA

I'm sorry if I got your hopes up, that was not my intention. But a couple of my friends and I are in the planning stages for opening a new chapter in C-ville. We have NOT officially paid dues to start the chapter and are NOT approved as a chapter by Mike,... yet. Mike suggested that I post on the forum to see if I can find people willing to help. I plan on attending the event at HQ on 21 June to meet Mike officially and talk more about it. So, are there any others in the C-ville area that would like to help us put this together and work as staff? This will be on an approval basis through references and it probably wont pay anything until our first event which may be a year or longer from now... So basically, you'd be donating your time, skills and experience. There is also the possibility that we may run out of money (as has happened in the past to other would-be chapters) before we start the game and wither into nonexistance... so you may gain nothing for your work. But regardless of all that, I intend to succeed. If you are brave enough to follow me then give me some references and we'll consider all applicants. Thanks for your time.

Have you played anything in the area? I ask because I have been LARPing in that area for the past 8 years, I know some of what you would be competing against and allot of potential players in the VA area from NOVA down through the Carolinas. I also know a few campsites that have been used. We might even know each other if we see each other. Contact me if you like

Joe Siegel
old timer
resident jerk

Hi, I'm one of the aforementioned friends working to get things ready in Charlottesville. Since Matt's account is new, he can't send/receive PMs just yet. In the meantime, PMs can be sent through me and I will forward them on to him.

-Luke G.
Recent Transplant to Virginia from California

P.S. Could we get this moved to a more appropriate forum, please?

Yes, Luke is the driving force behind this. He came up with the idea to start the chapter here.

It seems that I can recieve PMs but I cant reply or send PMs, so yes... Send PMs to Luke, or just post on here.

Is there a more appropriate place to put this post? If so, then perhaps it can be moved.

Joe, I am new to LARPing and only recently have been introduced to Dagorhir and SCA. I do have experience in writing modules for table top games and I do realize that it is not quite the same but stories are. It will just be the meathod in which I have to tell those stories will be different. The difference between drawing a picture and sculpting a bust.

I do plan on coming to some events in Gettysburg and anywhere else I can find them. So perhaps I'll run into you one of these days.

Matt

No IG name, yet.

Thank you!

For anyone else who would like to offer assistance, I believe Matt now has his requisite posts to not be considered a bot by the forums, so PMs should be open to/from him. I am also amenable to discussing things about what it would take to open a chapter in central VA and would be happy to field any questions, comments, or offers of help :thumbsup:

-Luke

Back