Post apocalyptic zombie LARP

They just had an event this past weekend. A few people I know that play Alliance play that. They seem to like it. The rules seem a bit too complicated for my taste, but on a positive note they do have all the rules available for free on line.

I'm lovin' every minute of it. Feel free to contact me privately on facebook should you have any specific questions.

--Chazz

Looks good, but I've seen plenty of games that look good but are poorly run. Sounds like, from what Chazz has posted, that this one is run quite well, though.

Wonder if they'd be interested in running an event at the Faire Play site?

They're looking to open franchises.

Toddo, they are. And if I keep lovin I may think about it myself. Alas, I am not ready to commit my undying love so soon.

Mike, doubt it. Their site is epic. And flat. Actually I am quite surprised considering its location and cost that I haven't played there already.

I larped with the owner/author michael for a few years when I was in college. Standup guy, great roleplayer and runs a heck of a game. I haven't made it to DR yet but everyone I've talked to who's been loves it. They run at the same site in north jersey as knight realms. The site is huge, think 4 or more hq's in size, its an old girlscout camp that the owner of kr bought and converted for larp.

hell yes! I've heard really great things about DR and I desperately need something to tide me over for the winter, so a bunch of us from HQ are rolling out a team of retrogrades at the december event. you should go!

It's pretty interesting, I was looking around on the site and saw they use guns in the game. They mentioned packets but I see lots of people with nerf guns in pics. Is it an either/or scenario or are the nerf guns just because they look cool?

Dom said:
It's pretty interesting, I was looking around on the site and saw they use guns in the game. They mentioned packets but I see lots of people with nerf guns in pics. Is it an either/or scenario or are the nerf guns just because they look cool?

The Nerf Gun and darts can be used in town proper....anywhere else you need to use Red packets and no darts....

that's an odd ruleing

It is exactly that. You can only keep and use 20 darts on you during any given encounter. At night they want you to switch to packet only though I saw some with "glow in the dark" or bl reactive darts that were pretty darn sweet. Should you be caught leaving darts around repeatedly you could find yourself getting shot with your own dart by a sniper.

Back