Posted to the Mages and Healers Guilds of New Acarthia

Valdyr

*Posted on the doors of the mages and healers guild buildings and in Deepjug's Tavern, scrawled unskillfully in all capital letters is the following note*
I NEED HELP WITH A CELESTIAL MAGIC PROBLEM. URGENT. I AM STAYING IN A ROOM IN THE TAVERN. I WILL PAY FOR GOOD INFORMATION IF I HAVE TO.

VALDYR STORMFANG

Greeting Valdyr,

I'm sorry I could not get back to you sooner, but we were busy in Death's Isles this past month. I just stopped into the Mage's Guild to identify this magic item, but I saw your note. How can I help you?

Thamaturge (and Squire) Kendrick Eisenhal

KENDRICK, I AM GLAD YOU RESPONDED. I WAS PREPARING TO TRAVEL TO YALINTH TO SEEK ANSWERS BECAUSE NONE CAN BE FOUND HERE. I AM SURE YOU KNOW OF THE MARK THAT ALIS HAS ON HER WRIST. I WORRY THAT IT IS AN OMEN OF AN ATTACK THAT MAY COME AT ANY TIME. I KNOW NOTHING OF MAGIC, AND NOTHING OF THIS KIND OF MARK BY WHAT MAY BE THE UNDEAD.
NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO HELP MUCH OR LITTLE. I WOULD BE HAPPY FOR HELP.

-VALDYR

Last edited:
Goodman Valdyr,

I believe Alis has a bit more information regarding this mark now. But if information is still needed please see me at the next gather. My resources are at your disposal.

By my hand,
Squire Kendrick

KENDRICK,
IT SEEMS YOUR RESOURCES ARE NOT USEFUL TO ME, BUT I THANK YOU FOR AT LEAST RESPONDING.

-VALDYR

Valdyr,

As this last gather came to a close, a pantherghast formed from Alis' mark and attacked her. Katya and I quickly killed it, but this mark has now gone from simple annoyance to grave threat. We attempted to remove the mark through a magic ritual, but though the ritual was cast, it did not work.

The three of us have left for the ruins of my tribe's encampment. Alis is nightly asking forgiveness of the spirits and stars, and when we arrive in what was my people's lands, she will undertake a tradition of rebirth we reserved for those who were disgraced or sought acceptance into the tribe. I will keep in touch.

Hello Valdyr,

I hesitate to ask in so public a forum, but you did try an earth-aspected version of the Unmark formal magic, correct?

I wish you all success with the atonement.

-Aneira Owens

What in the world was that guy shouting about? Anyway they did use an earth formal scroll and exclusively earth magic to try to remove Alis' mark and it didn't work, at least according to Squire Wolsey. Got any more of them cupcakes?

Back