Posting a notice/Tavern Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
The portal flashes and the familar Sylvanborn walks out, flashing his Arcane Sanctum Badge at the attendant. He was becoming a familiar site in that room these last few weeks. Stepping out into the court yard a slight chill could be felt in the air, and a small famliar saddness hits Jinn deep in his mind.

"There will be time for that later, I have some work to do" He says to himself.

With a brisk pace, Jinn walks into the tavern and heads straight for the community board. He posts a notice that reads

Jade Cloud Dojo Reopening

On the 8th day of September at 12 bells Jinn will reopen the Dojo

We will focus on fighting skills and magical ability's along with tactics

Fee's will be waived in times of war

'I've lost too many friends in to short of a time' The Sylvanborn thinks to himself, 'Hopefully this can save someone'.

He turns and walk towards the bar in need of a drink. Thanking the barkeep, mead in hand, he scans the tavern in search of a comfortable spot to sit and think, but that would be inviting enough to others, if anyone arrived and had questions about the dojo. Seeing a chair by the fire available he heads over and sits. He had a lot to think about, and a lot to plan for the months ahead. It seems that the wanderlust was rearing it's head again, as he had some travel preparations to make.

Last edited:
An individual thickly wrapped in several colourful blankets wandered slowly into the tavern. A green tusked face was the only visible feature before the many layers began to be shed. Several folded blankets later, and Mallaithe the Orc was finally at a comfortable indoor temperature. They shrugged and hefted the blankets onto a nearby chair, all the while muttering, "Leave the desert... Leave the warm, dry weather... 'xperience fall and winter dey said.."

The little celestial mage glanced around the tavern, now that they were more comfortable. Spotting Jinn in the corner, Mal grabbed their chair of blankets and began to wander in his direction. "Hullo Warmage. Is this goin' to be another private meetin' or can I come sit?"

"Greetings Mal, of course you may sit. I sense that being close to the fire would do you some good... our winters can get pretty cold, especially for one from the desert." He chuckles and he takes a sip from his mug and gesture to another chair with his free hand. "You'll find that not many private meetings are held in the tavern, as there are all sorts of folks coming through at any given time."

Jinn stands up, reaching for the wood by the fire place. He tosses a few logs on, and with a little poking from the fireplace tool the flames start casting a warm glow around their seating area. Returning to his chair he scoops up his mug, taking a long drink.

"That should take care of any chill you might be feeling. Now, does something in particula bring you to the tavern today? Or are you just exploring more of the Lux mow that it has quieted down some"

Mal sat with a heavy thud next to the newly heated fire. An audible and happy sigh leaving their lips as a grin filled their tusked face. "Thank you Jinn. It does get cold 'ere doesn't it? Maybe I will stick to the indoors fir winter." They seemed to settle in the chair as the warmth creeped into their body.

The newest Sanctum member scratched their head breifly and cast a look around the tavern. "Actually, I was hopin' my Teacher was aroun'... But I guess he's not. I need more scrolls." A small frown appeared across Mal's face breifly before they waved off the thought. "I had given you the last 'o my scrolls durin' the final fight... I'm outa protectives again.... And I like my spellbook. I dun want it blown up."

"It seems like you may need to learn how to craft your own, but in the meantime I can help you out with a few. I've been known to keep a small library around, for situations just like this one. But it will have to wait for a bit, as I am only on my first drink, and need to see if anyone has any inquiries about the dojo. That and it has been a hard few days, and this chair is mighty comfortable."

A fat hobling in a red surcoat pokes his head through the tavern door, looking around to survey its inhabitants, before entering. He nods greetings to the other occupants, fixes himself a mug of tea, then wanders over to the community board. After reading the notices, he sits across from Jinn, and addressing him, "I'm interested in learning about your Dojo. With all the wierdness going on, it doesn't hurt to get better at things." He then speaks quietly, "I'm not really that good at fighting without my bow. And I've forgotten how to use it. Isn't that odd?"

"Normally I would consider that very odd, but i have forgotten how to write out magic scrolls... it appears much happened while we were frozen in time."

Jinn pauses to take a drink, a thoughtful look spreads across his face.

"Well what I can tell you know is that the Dojo was run by an old friend of mine, and it was a way for people to practice their fighting skills and maintain some exercise. But I will be straying from that a bit, and will be teaching magic stratigies for our casters, along with fighting skills. Things like moving as small skirmishing units, holding shield walls, and when different strategies are needed. It also looks like Way'thoon possessed some abilities I've seen trough the mists that some of our people may not fully understand. A refresher course in monster abilities and teaching ways around those as well will be something we focus on. Way'thoon may have been destroyed but Al'zoon is still out there, and we all need to be ready for war. But forgive me, I've appered to started a rant, and I will be saving that for Saturday"

Jinn's lips form a sly smile and he leans back in his chair and nurses his mug of mead

"People will find me a bit more determined than the last owner of the dojo..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back