[.11] Potion Coatings

6 spell... what? Normal? the effect was missing on the end there and should have been an illegal call. If they were delivered by a weapon (6 spell normal) it will pop spell shields (6 SPELL normal) but not go through blocks without the strike part added (6 spell strike... magic? flame?).

If its on a weapons it NEEDS that strike part to work vs a block. And back to the original question, the rule clearly states in only adds Spell, not Spell Strike

I clarified before combat even started, and the call was literally only "6 Spell". It had no carrier, and struck as a Spell using packet rules. It was during the 0.9 packet playtest period, though, before the Strike keyword was A Thing, so it didn't need the Strike, apparently.

I didn't say it wasn't strange, but I did my due diligence to make sure I was playing it correctly.

ETA: It specifies it strikes using the Spell qualifier; the Spell qualifier overwrites the Weapon qualifier, but it's still delivered via weapon swing, so it needs the Strike keyword to ensure the target knows it's following packet rules.

Ah, previous packet. yeah

I mean, I could be 100% wrong, and the call could just be "X Spell Whatever", but to the best of my knowledge and interpretation of intent, it should get the Strike for clarity's sake.

@Polare might want to weigh in on this when he gets a moment.

Back