Pre-Event Metal

Robb G

Baron
I know we have a large contingent of Metal Heads playing alliance. What bands get you in a LARPing mood?

I'll throw out the usual for me:

Manowar
Kamelot
Nightwish
Avantasia
Demons and Wizards
Blind Guardian

I am sure I could list tons more... but not all metal makes me want to LARP. I love Maiden, but it doesn't make me want to dress up like an elf.

And I think I have weird sense memories though, I tend to listen to the same music to feel nostalgic about when I started doing this 15 years ago and was listening to those bands.

No Lorenguard? ;)

I'd be thrilled if everyone ELSE listened to Lorenguard..

in truth Lorenguard stuff makes me want to get on stage more than LARP. though to be honest, the wife and I have been known to work on Lorenguard stuff in the car ride, so technically some times we do listen to it pre-LARP even though it is more like "lets cram in some work before we get there" rather than "lets be transported away by music to get into the mood to swing pipe" :thumbsup:

I have eclectic tastes in music but at heart, I bleed metal.

Manowar, Nightwish, DragonForce, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, Disturbed*, System of a Down*, Slipknot*, Rammstein*

are what usually get me in the mood to do the dance of death. The starred ones are only certain songs that get the mood going, the other bands it's pretty much all the songs.

There are also the individual songs that I feel really grab the feeling too.

She's Got Sorcery by I Fight Dragons
Nord Mead, Sovngarde Song, Legends of the Frost by Miracle of Sound
Let the Hammer Fall, Take the Black by Hammerfall

Just to name a few. That's how I travel through the mists.

I'm more into blues and rock now, but my metal is a bit old school. Ozzy/Sabbath, Metallica, Anthrax

Pre-event metal? Not so much these days. Rammstein is probably the closest.

Other artists I may or may not listen to to get 'in the mood', as it were:

Déanta
VNV Nation
:Wumpscut:
Apolcalyptica

And a few specific songs...

Drowning Pool - Bodies
Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff
Phoenyx - March of Cambreadth / Heather Alexandar - War Trilogy

There's probably more, but that's what comes off the top of the dome right now...

markusdark said:
I listen to Christopher Moore's audio book "Fool". It gets me into the perfect mindset for my character, Nigel.

I would have thought the spamalot soundtrack, especially the sir robin parts would be better for getting into Nigel :mer:

These bands help get me pumped up:
3 Inches of Blood
The Black Dahlia Murder
The Bled
Born of Osiris
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza
Here Comes the Kraken
Motionless in White

This song gets me into character (I know not really metal):
Counting Bodies Like Sheep by A Perfect Circle

Ket said:
markusdark said:
I listen to Christopher Moore's audio book "Fool". It gets me into the perfect mindset for my character, Nigel.

I would have thought the spamalot soundtrack, especially the sir robin parts would be better for getting into Nigel :mer:

If you believe Nigel to be a coward, then he's won.

Back