Pre-reg is open for our June 2011 Event!

kiarra

Artisan
Pre-reg is now Closed!!

(If you have not pre-reg'd yet, please still do so. You will not recieve the Pre-reg discount, but it will still help make Logistics easier for you and for the Logistics staff at checkin. Thanks!)

Please fill out our pre-reg form here or email it to us at logistics@allianceoregon.com.

If you have any BP expenditures please try to take care of them before you pre-reg, that way your requests and pre-regs will not get over looked. Thanks!

This is for the Alliance Oregon June 10-12, 2011 weekend event at Scouters Mountain in Happy Valley, OR (in the Portland Metro Area). Map with directions can be found here.

Pre-reg will close on Friday, June 3rd at 11:59 PM.

Event Fees:

PC: $65.00 at the door, $50.00 if you pre-reg.
Advance page: $40.00 at the door, $30.00 if you pre-rg.
Page: $30.00 at the door, $20.00 if you pre-reg.
NPC: Free, NPC food is $10.00.

Pre-reg's received as of 6/04/2011:
Shane R. - Alexander
Carmen S. - Roan
Caitlin S. - Kaila
Bill B. - Black
Nick B. - Hugh
Seth B. - Vishkin
Matt O. - Iftikhaar
Brian J. - Ashok
Ron L. - Alcandar
Chloe M. - Cestiel
Barbara M - Prashka
Paul G - Varial
Kara G - Spook
Jimmy H - Virid
Andy S. - Tantarus
Kevin R. - Dartan
William G - Semaj
Jesse H - Telith
Sarajane H - Melete
Roy F - Itzack
Doug C - Jack
Dash C - Jack Jr
Corbin C - Burrberry
Raissa D - Caana
Scott K - Mixer
Bryan G - Arannin

Character Transfers received as of 6/04/2011:
Ronald L - Alcandar Northwind
Shane R - Alexander Dracmere
Jorbie K - Ash Skyfire
Sam G - Tahlro Mearn'Athym
Nick B - Hugh
Chloe M - Cestiel Jumpingbird
Jamie G - Yames Nelson
Barbara M - Prashka-Myevka

If you feel you should be on this list and or not email logistics. Thanks!

And in case you were wondering, yes this post is correct. The price for this event has been dropped back to the standard event fee.

I'm in. That'll be the weekend after school ends. I'll need it. lol

Itzack Wolfe in the hizouse.

Another reminder, yay!

1 - Please get all plot submissions in by this Friday so that we can have responses ready by Sunday, June 5th.
2 - Make sure to get in your Oregon formal scrolls to the plot team so that we can have new ones printed up (as well as any catalysts you have)
3 - We still need a volunteer cook for our NPCs. Please don't let them go hungry. Hungry NPCs carry less treasure!

Just a friendly reminder Pre-Reg for the June 2011 event closes tomorrow, Friday June 2, at 11:59 PM.

Please be sure to Pre-Reg by then, even if you have out standing logistics requests, character expenditures or have not created your character yet.

Note, I am currently in the middle of Finals this week and next. I am extremely busy and stressed. While I understand you are worried about your characters build expenditures and getting new characters made, please have some patience and understanding with me at the moment. I will do my best to get your requests taken care of as soon as I can.

Thanks for your understanding!

Alliance Oregon Logistics

Another note:

At this event, there may or may not be siege weapons in use. Siege "engines" that actually launch physical attacks (packets or "boulders") must be manned by specific players. If you're not one of those players, don't touch them or attempt to use them. Check the OOG newsletter and opening announcements for any other specifics (how damage to take, etc.)

During this event, there will be boulders in use. Boulders have the following rules:

Boulders only do damage upon initial impact. If they hit the ground and bounce, they do no additional damage on the bounce/rebound/whathaveyou.
If you have Superhuman Strength (not Endows), you may pick up a boulder and move it. If you also have the Thrown Weapon skill, you may throw them. As per the rulebook, Boulders have a base damage of 4 and can benefit from profs and backstabs. For profs - note that boulders count as two-handed weapons.*

*Boulders from a siege weapon may have a different amount of damage. Just sayin'. :D

Looks like I will be coming this game. I just sent in my prereg. Let me know if I failed at anything on it.

Also some questions about the camp.

What kinda cooking area/supplies does it have?
Microwave?
Dishes?
Refrigerator?

What time will people be on site?

What is game start time?

Are there showers?

Thanks in advance, See people at the game.

Andy

Tantarus said:
Looks like I will be coming this game. I just sent in my prereg. Let me know if I failed at anything on it.

Also some questions about the camp.

What kinda cooking area/supplies does it have?
Microwave?
Dishes?
Refrigerator?

What is game start time?

Are there showers?

Thanks in advance, See people at the game.

Andy

It's a decently stocked kitchen (plastic plates/bowls, cheap-o silverware), similar to the one at Brooks, though the layout is different and it's a bit smaller.

There are dishes, a walk-in fridge, gas stone/oven, and grill, though the ranger highly recommends that if you plan on doing any reasonably serious cooking you should bring your own set of knives.

I am pretty sure there was a microwave, but don't quote me on that; and there is also a dish sanitizer that should be familiar to everyone who plays Alliance around here.

I do not believe there are showers. There is no electricity on-site either except in the dining hall/eating building, so you'll need to bring a lamp/flashlight/light source. You'll also need to bring bed padding as the bunks are straight-up plywood.

As for start time/show-up times, we'll be able to answer that tomorrow (Saturday) or the day after.

Ew....really no showers? Are there bathrooms and sinks and the like? Now i'm worried...

prashka said:
Ew....really no showers? Are there bathrooms and sinks and the like? Now i'm worried...

There are bathrooms and sinks in the one building that has electricity, though I didn't check/look for showers; and there are out-house facilities on both ends of the tee pee village if I remember correctly.

The medic/infirmary building (which is close to the box cars, iirc) may have facilities too, but we didn't make it into that building when we were checking the site out.

Sweet. Thanks. Guess I'm not as "hardcore" as I like to think I am. ;D

Re: Pre-reg is now closed for our June 2011 Event!

Pre-reg is now closed.

Please still send in your pre-regs if you plan on coming it will make your life and our lives much easier at check in. Thanks!

If you sent in build updates or questions or new characters I will get to those some time this weekend.

I will not be at this event to run logistics, Adam S will be taking care of it for me in my absence. If you find any discrepancies on your cards, please wait until after the event and email logistics about them. Try to not badger Adam about it, he is not the Logistics person and is being kind and awesome and helping me and you out this event.

Thanks!

Tantarus said:
What is game start time?

As of today, we are going to try and get Opening started at 20:30 (8:30pm), and then do a rolling lay-on based upon what is going on; players will receive necessary information about coming into game at the appropriate time.

JP and I will likely be on site early, but I suppose people can start showing up around 15:00 (3pm)-ish?

Apparently there are one or more fire pits and fires are welcome, so long as appropriate fire precautions are taken. Rules regarding combat and fires will be discussed at opening. That all said there is no fire wood provided, so if you would like to have a fire on Friday or Saturday night you will need to bring wood.

Also a few last minute reminders:

- There is NO electricity in the box cars, tepees or fort, so bringing appropriate light sources is suggested. Having the ability to light your 'cabin' at night is always nice.
- There are no mattresses on the bunks. Bringing an extra blanket, mattress pad, etc to put under your sleeping bag is suggested.
- There is a fully stocked kitchen, but we have been informed the cooking knives are not very good, so if you intend to cut or cut anything, it might be worth bringing a sharp knife or two.
-The weather is looking pretty good for the weekend, partially sunny with a high of low 70s, and minimal cloud cover at night. That said, folks are used to sleeping in heated cabins, so although the weather is forcasted to be pretty nice, remember to bring some extra warm dry clothes and enough blankets to keep you warm at night.
- There is only the one small bathroom that I recall and then portapotties, and that is in the main kitchen/dining area. This means you should bring a small mirror if you intend to where make up or prosthetics, because there is a good chance you will be putting those things on in your 'cabin.'

Do the boxcars have room for a queen air mattress? Do we have to hike things in at all or can we drive cars up to the sleeping quarters?

Here is Scouters Mountain: You can clearly see the fort from the Sat photo. The parking lot that I remember using is on the eastern edge of the field. The box cars are near the dining hall which is the red roofed building on the southern edge of the field.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=45.448218 ... 04823&z=18

Hopefully that starts to answer your questions. It's been some time since I was there.

evi1r0n said:
Do the boxcars have room for a queen air mattress? Do we have to hike things in at all or can we drive cars up to the sleeping quarters?

No, the bunks are fairly small. You *might* be able to squeeze it in on the floor, but I very much doubt it.

You can park near the cafe/tavern building and walk your stuff down -- it's probably 100 feet? Maybe less? I wasn't paying much attention to that bit of things when I was there. At any rate, it's down hill to the box cars, and it's not all that steep.

Back