Preserving Energies Brewing Crafting abilities pg 33

DracoIam

Spellsword
Pg 33 and pg 4

so if I am Drained and cant use in game abilities and have Preserving energies, So is my bleed out count only 1 minute, and once I'm Dead my Dissipate count is doubled to the 10 minutes?

ARB, pg 26:
In general, it’s safe to assume that if a particular skill or ability may be used at the character’s choice (like swinging a weapon, using a Dodge, or casting a spell from memory), it’s a Game Ability. If it’s a skill or ability that must be used (such as additional Body Points from the Hardy skill or the Threshold monster ability), it’s not a Game Ability. Game Abilities (for items not otherwise defined under PC-obtainable abilities and skills) also covers anything that is usable a certain number of “times per day.”

While there was a list of "Additional things that don't count as Game Abilities" in the Beta Packet, it is not an exclusive one (not because it didn't try its hardest to be, it just didn't work out that way) and the Game Ability definition from the ARB still stands.

The change to the bleed out and death counts of a character with Preserving Energies is not an option (once purchased) and would fall under the "must be used" section of the definition above.

Back