pretty cool costuming...

they only have 4 events a year...june july agusut september ...man if i ever get out to england i will have to hit that up...see if they have some cool costume pieces for sale...or trade..i love when people are willing to trade...

Good luck trading our stuff for their stuff... by the looks of it we are a bit outclassed. ;)

you've never seen my leather...or my hubby's costumes :D

actually you have if you've met demondia....he made her cloak...i have never brought my leather to an event yet though....

i always find that things you make yourself...and work hard at ...mean more than the stuff you can just buy in the catalogs...and i think you know that very well since i've seen your costume...and adore the aura holding vest....if you're the dark elf i think you are...you may not be...

metal? leather? rope? what kind

what color?

chest? bracers? back? legs?

so like a vest?

leather?

different colored leaves? it will be heavy when you start layering leather (even thin leather) it gets heavy...so ...a vest of layered leather leaves...

what colors of leather?

red, blue, purple, and yellow. That would be awesome. There's a guy on the EC named Dave...plays Alor, a MWE. I want that kind of armor, if you've met him. Or something like the scale-mail that Dave's dark elf wears. Or maybe in a chain-link pattern like...wow...Dave's human wears.

Three different armor types...

Three different men named Dave....

Kinda creepy.

Fynwei said:
Well, it's certainly a heck of a lot bigger, and more impressive looking than our little MN chapter (no big cahoots about that though, roy, just stating facts)

Oh, trust me, no offense taken, it is what it is presently. :) One of the major undertakings (and money drops) I see happening in the next year or so is upgrading the NPC costumes AND acquiring more costume pieces and accessories to help out some of our "needier" players in order to create a better sense of "suspension of disbelief."

After all, the clothes do indeed make the player...

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
you've never seen my leather...or my hubby's costumes :D

actually you have if you've met demondia....he made her cloak...i have never brought my leather to an event yet though....

i always find that things you make yourself...and work hard at ...mean more than the stuff you can just buy in the catalogs...and i think you know that very well since i've seen your costume...and adore the aura holding vest....if you're the dark elf i think you are...you may not be...

Sweet! do you take custom orders? I need a new set of very nicely tooled armor grade studded brown leather bracers and a new headpiece (like a bandana style leather cap).

Fynwei,

You will have a blast in WA. I stronhly recommend the game out there. Its a little higher level than your used to but the game is a prime example of what Alliance should be. I think the 3 day event I got to play there was one of the top 3 events I have ever played at from an RP perspective.

I cannot give that a stronger endorsement!

David,

I will see you in Aug for the national event, look for me, I'll be the guy tagging you left and right with spells :D. We can't wait to see you again in Chicago!

All,

I buy 1-2 new pieces of costuming a year, and slowly my stuff gets better and or replaced after its worn out. The one that that's plague me for years is boots. I had a really bad injury several years ago at an event when I rolled my ankle and it spiraled into a series of sprains and what nots. I have tried a number of footwear options going so far as dropping $400 on a set of Son of Sandlar boots. They look great but they just don't give my ankle the kind of suport i need in order to feel safe while fighting. I broke down 3 yrs ago and bought a pair of brown workboots with sufficient support but I always feel cheap when I put em on. So here's the challenge, where do I find an affordable, comfortable boot thats not a 1/2 hr process to put on and take off and will give me the kind of support I need?

Thanks,

Paul

i have same ankle problem ...so i bought black wolverine work boots...then i took black leather and cut a long "flap" and curled it around the top cuff of the boot, then held it in place and punctured holes where the grommits were on the work boots but kept going..in essence extending the cuff of my boot? then flopped it over much like a buccaneer boot, then tooled two silvery buttons on the flopped over part can you tell they're work boots? not from a distance and they look like buccanneer boots now. and i get all the support i need but i'm not wearing "work boots" know what i mean? the cool part is that i can also turn the flip up and have a tall knee boot if i want ( i doubt i'll ever do that though)

bracers i make if i can measure the arm of the person they're for, i need the measurements of the wrist and the measurement of where they want it to end.

as for a headpiece...that's WAY difficult without your head here to find a kitchen bowl that fits your head....since i would have to mold hot wet leather over a kitchen bowl HEHEHEHEHEHEH but i will tell you one thing....uusally a leather store will have a "bikers' head piece" black leather usually and they can do it cheaper than i could ever purchase the leather to make it.

Thank you!

Will you be at the national event?

Paul

no..my hubby and i work saturdays and could only get the saturdays for our chapters off if we asked for them way in advance....poopy :(

there is a picture of what i'm describing that i did to my boots under a message board subtitle called BOOTS...not sure if its in off topic or races or what...but i know that the person there did theirs a LITTLE different than mine. i did a short bucanner and she did just a tall leather boot...but the same idea...and she managed to post pictures.

Back