Prism, Pant, Am, Circle, Tabin, Bella, Keely, and the Hollow

Jezebel

Scholar
Friends of the Hollow. I do not wish you to see what I just saw. Suffice it to say a boy is now dead and I now hold in my hands a map. The land of Laerthan is labeled, “The Deadlands”. If you wish to see the map, I will gladly show it. It would be too difficult to try and explain it now. On the back of the map was written “Find help. Those of the Hollow and their friends. Be Safe and good fortune. Show them this and tell them of the Bastian.” Before the boy died, he told me that Lady Ember, fire kin, gave the map and he asked for help. Do any of you know what the Twiceborn are?

I have already tried to return to the Hollow or just to Laerthan in general. I keep feeling like I can almost return, but then something is blocking me out. I don’t know why, but I get the feeling it is purposely trying to keep me out.

Where are you all? I will come and meet you. We need to figure this out. Do not forget, the Hollow is our home.

Ember. I have no met you, but can you please try and contact me and send more information.

~Sun~

Sun,

Greetings friend and fellow traveler. It is very important that I speak with you about your findings. I too have had my difficulties in returning to our lands. I have heard tell of Lady Ember from my years in the hollow. I believe she was the Magistrate. I have not heard from any Nobility save Sir Wynn, so it is good to know that she is about. Perhaps helping to keep the peace in our lands while we adventurers travel afar.

I would like to meet with you as soon as possible. I will be returning to Lindall in a few weeks time. Can you meet me there with this map, or a copy? You can find me at House Geffrin. If I am not about, simply ask any others around, as I'm sure someone will know where I am.

Please contact me with any details you can send. I eagerly await our return. (OOG: deadlandsgm@gmail.com)

In Service,
~Squire Paladar Beltaine

Sun,

Your words bring me hope laced with dread. I am currently traveling and cannot provide my specific location. However, if you can get to Caldaria let me know as I need to hear your story and see this map for myself. I will make an attempt to travel to whatever location you can get to. If you arrive in Lindall and I am not there, leave a copy of the map at the Phalanx house there, or give the information to a member of the Town Watch so they can get the information to Sheriff Theodin, who can pass it to me.

Regarding the Twiceborn, I cannot recall exactly if I have heard this phrase before. I have some theories but need more information.

Paladar- I am unfamiliar with Lady Ember. Any information you have would be useful.

This map could be the key to returning to Laerthan... however it's new title troubles me. We should meet and discuss this as soon as possible.

In Service to the Good People of Whatever Land I Travel In,
Guildmaster Pantzike, Northride Healers Guild
Alabaster Order
Apprentice to the Caldarian Order of Light, and Royal Arcanum
And for those of the Hollow that Remember, Slayer of Pies

Sun,

Lady Ember Galloway was indeed the Magistrate of the Hollow, and in fact also Lord Nathanial Galloways Niece. Last I knew, she'd rode off after Skylar in an attempt to destroy him after he murdered her uncle. I am very thankful she's still alive, i'd had to assume she'd been killed after time passed and we never heard from her again.

I am very interested in this map, of course, though not so encouraged by the name... The Deadlands? Where exactly has Lady Ember found herself? And what in the world happened to this poor boy that he died? I too, am in the lands of Lindall. I would be most thankful if you could send me a copy of this map, as well as perhaps a recounting of your tale, to the home i'm staying at (DeadlandsHelper@gmail.com). If it helps, you can just send Paladar and I copies of the same letter so you're not recounting it several times. Also, i've never heard of the twice-born... interesting though.

Travel safe Sun!

Guildmistress Keely Quinn Brenna-Erinelenath

Ember was a human female from when Galloway still lived. She replaced My'rel as Magistrate for the area after the Sandman and the darklings twisted his stone elven nature too far and he was no longer able to actively serve his king or country. If I recall correctly, and I might not, she was just one woman seven-ish years ago, she had a penchance for flame evocation and was more than a little sarcastic.

I have no current recollection what happened to her, she fell off the face of Laerthan like many noteable Syraandorians in the early 600's (the long list includes such noteworthy individuals as Douglas McWilliam, "Jester" Zander, and more). Wouldn't suprise me if the mists or some other all-powerful thing swallowed her up to spit her back out in a time of need, it's certainly happened more than a few times in the past, both in legends and reality.

Those that are trying to get back, best of luck. Let me know how if you're finally able to, some of us gave up trying in the last several years, and if you need more information, well, some of you know where and how to find me.

~Joshua

Joshua!

Good to hear from you! I realised in my overexcitement of seeing this that I erred in penning something before. Her actual name was Lady Ember Brunswik, not Galloway, though she was still was Galloway's niece. I am not positive on the spelling of her last name, I don't think I ever actually saw it written. She also, from memory, had bright red eyes. Maybe that's what she means by Flame kin? She never really spoke of the reason of her eyes unique coloring, and I thought it rude to ask.

~Keely

That could explain why Reaper hasn't responded to any of my letters.

May your days be filled with Shadow.
~Morai

My dreams continue to bring me to this area, and I hear of this troubling news from a realm I've never been to, but I find none of the references mean anything...

Is there any form of required reading that could orient me with the people and places of "the Hollow?" Something akin to The Guide to Tar N'Varia or The Traveler's Guide to the Kingdom of Caldaria or even old newspapers or something?

You have more important matters to attend to, and I wish you luck in getting to and, if necessary, aiding your homeland but my curiosity prompts my inquiry.

With preemptive thanks,

-Cedric Fruvous
Sorcerer of Stars

So, the question is, was he removed from the lands we everyone else was or did he find a way out more recently? Based on what was happening to him, I have a feeling there is a way to get through. As anyone heard of anything involving going through the mists via going through the ground or having some connection with the earth or dirt?

Pant and the others, I will come personally to show you the map. I am in the process of coping it because we have already seen what happens if you do not.

Keely, I will not go into what I saw with him for everyone who dreams to hear. It was far too gruesome. If you would like a more private account, I am willing. For now, let it suffice that I would only wish this upon necromancers.

Cedric, the Hollow refers to Chiram's Hollow. It is a very small town that had no libraries, well, should have had no libraries. Even if there were, virtually everything we knew is out of date right now as we were gone for many years, eleven I think. Couple that with the fact that much has changed since we were returned, but then removed from the lands.

~Sun~

Cedric,

I had a small Library in the Hollow, unfortunately when I got pulled through the mists, much of my work was left behind when the mists pulled me from Laerthan. I have some of my notes, but my main history books were left behind. I was working on putting together a form of the travelers guides you mentioned, however that work was suspended. If we cross paths gain I will allow you to read what little I have left.

Sun,
I look froward to meeting with you as soon.

-Pantzike

Though I have not been there in many years, Laerthan has been my native land as much as any of those from Chiram's Hollow. I am currently traveling within Ashbury, but this 'deadlands' disturbs me. I am unsure if I will be able to return to Lindall any time soon, but if this map cannot be seen by mine eyes, I humbly ask for any information on this development once those of Laerthan have gathered -- it should not be difficult to contact me by messenger. (OOG: youthculture@gmail.com)

May the Hawk watch your path,
Sevaria

My companions and I have been in search of a way to return to Laerthan, their homeland, for almost two years now. If such a return is possible, please make us aware right away. We have no interest in children or maps, but in learning what has become of those left behind.

Thunder-Bringer

Greetings,

If I or the Phalanx can be of any assistance in ending the tragedy that drove you from your homes please let me know. I will allocate what resources I can to aid you. Many of you have aided us in lighting our darkest hour and I feel that there is no time like the present to settle debts.

One Shield, Meaningless Without All Others,

Riddick Dale

It is good to know that many old friends are well and looking for a way back to Laerthan. I feel it is imperative that I return in light of Fever Grey's words, if only to know for certain that it is truly vicious lies he spouted at our winter feast. I cannot bear the thought of my kindred enslaved to that monster. If a copy of the map could be sent to me by messenger, it would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone finds a way to return, I would also ask they send word to me. I wonder if this deadness of the land that has been inferred has to do with the possible loss of the Fae realm - I know first hand the damage that just the closing of that world did to the vale's and I wonder if its effect spilled over to the rest of the world.

Please send word to my grove (OOG:thelonemonkey@gmail.com).

~Kai Lan Thaerhunya

May I ask what Fever Grey said?

This person has recently decided that they hate me for some reason I cannot comprehend. I believe it may be in my best interest to find out what my new nemesis is up to.

One Shield; Meaningless Without All Others,
Riddick Dale

RiddickDale said:
This person has recently decided that they hate me for some reason I cannot comprehend. I believe it may be in my best interest to find out what my new nemesis is up to.

Oh my goodness, a villain acknowledged your existence! You truly must be his mortal enemy and he has it out for you, specifically.

I wish I had known this years ago. Apparently Lochaber, Morganna, The Undoer, Cadmus and half a dozen others were my personal arch enemies. I mean, they did utter words in my direction after all.

Aren't you, or weren't you, supposedly a scribe? Read a book. If there's one thing the fey are good at, it's finding excellent targets to play mind games with. Great job playing into his plan.

From what I've heard of that creature, it hates everyone. You're not unique or special. There were no hidden messages that will impact your personal well-being. In fact, I'd say that the context of the message suggests that it pertains to mystic wood elves and not egotistical humans.

Thunder-Bringer

Shane said:
RiddickDale said:

Oh my goodness, a villain acknowledged your existence! You truly must be his mortal enemy and he has it out for you, specifically
I wish I had known this years ago. Apparently Lochaber, Morganna, The Undoer, Cadmus and half a dozen others were my personal arch enemies. I mean, they did utter words in my direction after all.

Aren't you, or weren't you, supposedly a scribe? Read a book. If there's one thing the fey are good at, it's finding excellent targets to play mind games with. Great job playing into his plan.

From what I've heard of that creature, it hates everyone. You're not unique or special. There were no hidden messages that will impact your personal well-being. In fact, I'd say that the context of the message suggests that it pertains to mystic wood elves and not egotistical humans.

Thunder-Bringer

Good Sir,

He wrote a letter. He addressed it specifically to me. In said letter it stated that he wanted to kill me and do mean things to people I care about. As a result of said letter I want to stab him in the face... a lot. If that doesn't meet the approximate definition of a nemesis (albeit in an exagerated tone) then I would love to hear your definition.

Also, for the record, I have a great many friends who are Mystic Wood Elves and the thought of ANY of their brothers or sisters in chains causes me concern.

Now that we've gotten the pleasantries out of the way. Lets just go our seperate ways and never speak about how completely wrong you just were. I think we'll be better for it.

Riddick

RiddickDale said:

Riddick Dale

Rereading my own message...

Ator is kind of right... I do sound like a bit of a arrogant prick here. So thanks go to him for making me review my thoughts.

I have a special place in my heart for the Mystic Wood Elf people and the thought of seeing them in chains pains me a great deal. I was hoping to hear what he said to see what I could do to help.

My apologies for sounding thoughtless.

Riddick-

Did you just call Ator a jerk, then call yourself a prick, and then thank him for the behavior that you had previously identified as jerkish?

Just trying to keep score here...

-Tieran

RiddickDale said:
RiddickDale said:

Riddick Dale

Rereading my own message...

Ator is kind of right... I do sound like a bit of a arrogant prick here. So thanks go to him for making me review my thoughts.

I have a special place in my heart for the Mystic Wood Elf people and the thought of seeing them in chains pains me a great deal. I was hoping to hear what he said to see what I could do to help.

My apologies for sounding thoughtless.

I appreciate your concern for my people.

At our Winter Feast this year, Fever Grey made an appearance in the hall and spoke of what I can only hope are lies. In order to understand them, you need to know of the affliction which effects my people in the land of Laerthan. There is a condition which breeds madness in the Mystic Wood Elves there - it was caused by a corruption of the Mists, and the eventual closing of the Fae Realm to all of Laerthan. Oberon believed this was to save Faerie, but also knew the consequence would be the fall of the Mystic Wood Elves. With our vale's disconnected from Faerie, the lands would die, and madness would fall on all who drew strength from them. I have seen the fallen myself, and they are merely husks of their former selves - I imagine it would not be hard for Fever Grey to control them. More disturbingly, Fever Grey has claimed that he has managed to open the seals which Oberon put in place, and that Faerie is dead now. He also said that he will rebuild it, and I am assuming that would mean with his own ideals which is the part that truly alarms me.

So, if Fever Grey is your enemy and you truly would like to "stab him in the face a lot", I would welcome your help. It seems my Celestial magic does nothing against him, and he must be stopped.

~Kai Lan Thaerhunya

Back