Private Events

Just for clarification, when players are reserving their event of up to 12 players, should they be factoring in some of those 12 players being NPCs for the private event? Based on the info presented in the original post it would be my guess that that is the case, but wanted to double check as it was not clear. In addition, for purposes of maintaining the 3:1 PC:NPC ratio should players planning one of these private events factor in the staff running it as NPCs or part of the 12 player limit? Assuming the 12 player limit does not include the staff running the event, that would allow for a maximum of 9 PCs with 3 needing to be NPCs. If the Staff are considered NPCs for purposes of the 3:1 Ratio, that number can change slightly though.

Think this is a cool concept and am interested, but wanted to get clarification on a few items. Can DM if that is better.

Good questions I am going to attempt to answer them and update the policy to be more clear.

You are correct, players planning on reserving a private event should plan on some of them being NPCs if more the 3 of them want to PC the event.

We may revisit this after having experienced the dynamic from some of these events, but for the time being staff members who also NPC will count toward the 3:1 PC to NPC ratio. However, staff members running the event will not count towards the 12 player attendance limit.

At least one staff member will need to be in attendance to run the event but there may or may not be more than that. With that in mind at least the first 3 players reserving the event will be able to PC with out the need to provide additional NPCs.

Edited to clarify a few things.

Staff members who NPC count towards the NPC to PC ratio.

Staff members who attend do not count toward the 12 player limit.

The players reserving the event should plan on providing the necessary NPCs if they would like their PC limit to be higher then 3.

Could anyone volunteer to NPC or do they have to be invited by the group?

Good question and I may need to run some math to test my model. At the moment the intent is that (other then staff members) all participants would be invited by the group to keep the event private and allow for individuals and their social circles to self regulate their levels of exposure to others.

Sounds good Dustin. Thank you

Back