Promotional Videos

Ezri

Knight
These only contain pics from HQ events and they are brief (the program as I have it at the moment only allows for 30-second long shorts) but if these look to be of a usable style I might invest in the paid version...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4rMP-cQr50[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_LgjpXYx7Y&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE6E-03650M[/youtube]

I vote for more videos with less Rob Ames.

I really enjoyed them. I like the fact that they are not live action! The video that I have seen of alliance looks very different than when you are there in the heat of battle. Stills look very good but motion picture can sometimes look like a jumbled mess of absurdity that actually turns gamers off from coming to try playing. This on the other hand with stills depicting the costumes and battles gives a more epic feel. When you are in the battle you know who is who and what side you are on, but a video just shows mass mayhem of people in costumes, some good some bad, in a huge free for all because people don't understand dominate spells or command magic that would get you to fight against your friends and that makes it look like you are just in a free for all hacking at people. Also those there at the event know the storyline and why the battle is happening that makes the battle even more epic. I had a friend that was at an event that was videotaped and he saw the videotape. While at the event he loved every second of the weekend, but when watching it he was disgusted. He will not show anyone the video but has recommended to many people that they should try. The only reason he doesn't play more (as well as his friends) is it is a 4 hour drive for all of us (I'm just more dedicated). I love this game and wish could afford to be one of those people that got to play over 20 weekends this year by chapter hopping, but I do think that live video isn’t the way to go. This 30 second still trailers or even longer still trailers is amazing and truly recommend it.

P.S.,

I do have an accurate analogy of my depiction of watching the video, however it’s a bit graphic for the forums. Feel free to PM me if you’re interested,

tieran said:
I vote for more videos with less Rob Ames.

LOL

Good wave battle action shots are hard to come by. A LOT of them have either bad NPC costuming/makeup (I will NOT put a picture in there where somebody is in jeans or has their mask on their head), something really anachronistic in the background, NPCs with weapons on their heads or something else that knocked them out of the running. These things do NOT an epic flick make.

I had a few others that were actually good ones, but contained people who I KNOW can't be in videos so I had to toss those.

If anybody has good battle pics, some good "roleplay" pics or suggestions for music selections (especially if you can send me the mp3) I will gladly make more vids.

Well, I'm sold!

Seriously, though, I like 'em.

And I like the length too, I think its just right for most people's attention spans. ;-)

Back