Props Donation Drive! PLEASE READ!

Khorwyn Brey

Artisan
Alliance HQ players, this is a message being posted on behalf of Tom Haswell, our Head of Props, who for some reason is unable to access the forum at this time. PLEASE READ!!!

"With the full extent of the damage known to the props room, we are in desperate need of costuming as well as packets.

In addition to the 2 Goblin Stamps for EACH packet you donate, and a Magic Item pick for every 100 packets you donate, we will also be handsomely rewarding costuming donations. While these must be judged on a case by case basis, assume a benchmark of 500 gobbies for a simple used tunic. This is an excellent way to get credit for old items you never use anymore, things that no longer fit, or pieces that were for character that have passed on. Understand each item needs to be in a "gentle abused condition," and be properly in-period: if you wouldn't wear it, I don't want NPCs going out in it either. For every four used pieces of clothing you donate, you will also receive a magic item pick.

If you purchase new pieces of costuming to donate to use, please bring me a receipt/printout of the webstore page/etc, and you will receive gobbies at a 10:1 ratio to the cost. This also applies to seamstresses: if you make me something new, let me know what you would normally charge, and you'll get 4 times that. In addition, you will receive 1 magic item pick for every 2 clothing donations, or every 6 pouches.

The articles I am most interested in would be tunics, cloaks, hats, belts, and pouches. Kilts, skirts, and pants are generally less needed, but I'll certainly take a look at them as well.

I would also like to update all of our basic tabards. Please email me at alliancehqprops@gmail.com first (I'd hate to have six people all decide to bring us a dozen blue tabards...) but I would like to replace all our tabards. For a set of up to 40 tabards in a single color, I will award 200 gobbies per tabard, and a magic item pick for every 5 tabards.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at I would also like to update all of our basic tabards. Please email me at alliancehqprops@gmail.com Let's make sure our NPC's look good while we slaughter them!"

Plan on 10, 9oz hand made leather Ring Belts from me. 5 to 6 feet in length each. Ill do em all in black, unless you request some brown ones.

Also plan on 10 - 15 single pocket pouchs, Most leather, some heavy fleece or wool material. Either way, great for NPC's to carry some treasure in. (and easy for Ithica to pickpocket>? :yummy: :yummy: j/k)

Hope this will help kit out some of your NPC's , See ya in a week.

-Toddy

FYI, I'll be sending a donation of arrow packets with Tom Wilson this Saturday. At least 100, probably closer to 2-300.

Hey everybody!

First of all, I want to thank everybody for the turnout we had at the April opener. We received some generous donations, not to mention a horde of packets, and we really, really appreciate everyone's efforts and assistance while we try to rebuild HQ's props closet! Every little bit is a huge help.

I'm updating our drive to include a more comprehensive list of precisely what we need. As of now, we are no longer offering 2:1 gobbies for packets, but we always welcome more! However, we are continuing to guarantee 10:1 gobbies to dollars for both money donations as well as expenses on donated items. If you have receipts, we'll take them! If not, let us know what you spent so we can appropriately compensate you.

Here's what are specifically looking for:

• - MASKS! Our stock of masks was decimated, down to just a few remaining undead. We'll take any of these, but most of all, we need more undead, goblins, trolls, elementals, and other monster masks. For each mask donated, we'll reward a standard 100 Gobbies; if you provide a receipt for any masks purchased, we'll meet the total 10:1. If you or someone you know can make masks, e-mail us (alliancehqprops@gmail.com) and we will happily work with you! (*All masks donated should be able to be wiped clean after use!)

- TABARDS. We have a fair store of these, but we have zero baronial tabards; for this season in particular, it would be a major help to donate Ash Forest (green/brown), Corrheim (black/red), Blythedale (blue/white), and Nordenn (yellow/black) tabards. And if anyone wants to be an overachiever, we also need Brittington (black/blue), Evorra (blue/orange), and Falkirk (blue/red) tabards. We will reward 200 Gobbies per tabard and 1 Magic Item Pick for every five.

- ACCESSORIES. By that, we're primarily talking about things like beards, wigs, hats, and hoods. We have exactly zero beards right now, so we could seriously use these by the June (Corrheim) event! We also have few to no hats and hoods, namely things like coronets and crowns, making it difficult to adequately rep our high-ranking nobles. If you have anything like this, we'll be happy to compensate you. Gobbies will be alotted in a case-by-case basis for these.

- COSTUMING. We're not in such bad shape with common garb, but we could really use larger sized menswear. Beyond that, we need more appropriate garb for high society/noble NPCs. Again, we'll work with you on a case-by-case basis for compensation on these donations.

-SET DRESSING. As you may or may not know, this 2013 season is a baronial tour throughout Ashbury, so we're going to be relying heavily on making over the site to make it look different from one event to the next. If anyone can provide any basic set props (things like tablecloths, tapestries, decorations, and tarps for the mod room), we'll compensate you handsomely!

Thank you, everyone. Let's work together to make this season an amazing one for us all!

It would also be nice to have a bunch of big baggy black sweat pants. There's always some newbie NPC who shows up and only brings bright red shorts who needs these things... :thumbsup:

Two things,
1) Are sweat pants better than black scrubs (pants) for some reason? (Just curious, I wear scrubs at game)
2) I was going to donate some money to you to help you rebuild, how do I do that?

I'd say what NPC camp probably wants are wrap pants. They'll fit a wider range of people than either sweats or scrubs and still look fairly in period.

I could be wrong, I'm not the props department.

Davion said:
Two things,
1) Are sweat pants better than black scrubs (pants) for some reason? (Just curious, I wear scrubs at game)
2) I was going to donate some money to you to help you rebuild, how do I do that?

Personally, I think scrub pants look far better than sweat pants. And they're lighter in the summer.

I'm with Scott. Plus they are like ten bucks

What basic color tabards do you still need?

:)

Scrub pants and wrap pants are indisputably better, in my opinion.

For basic colors, we'll take any, but specifically we could use more green/red/blue/black. Or, sure, chartreuse. :p

I also have a bag of various sizes of yellow men's compression shirts :)

Ogres can't be bad guys, noob.

Toddo said:
Ogres can't be bad guys, noob.

challenge_accepted.png

Back