Protective Reflex

Gilwing

Administrator
Alliance Logistics
Alliance Owner
Maybe I'm missing something (could be I'm looking at the wrong version of the rules) but is Protective Reflex celestial only? Does it require a Prision spell to be in memory? V.12b Final seems to make it generic "Protective Reflex (8 High Magic points per purchase, Times Ever): This provides a personal Prison spell for the caster in extreme emergencies."
Scroll mastery mentions celestial only "Scroll Mastery (3 High Magic points, Passive, Celestial only)"
In the same sense you dont need a Life spell either for Rebirth "Rebirth no longer requires a Life spell to be set aside from memory."

Protective Reflex is Celestial Only.
It does not require a prison spell in memory (since it wasn't part of the old rules, the text that it not longer requires a prison doesn't make sense).

Probably not a bad idea to point that out the Celestial only thing.

It only states that it's celestial in the high magic chart.

It also says "it provides a personal prison".

So for the 8 HM, you get the ability to trigger the personal prison. Which is provided by the high magic.

But I hear ya. If you are thinking 1.3, the word "provides" doesn't ring out loud enough. But if you look at the new rule book, I think it does a good job of explaining it.

Edit: I type really slow. and people posted before me.

Back