PUBLIC APOLOGY

i know something as younge as you wouldnt really understand that its some times better to choose your own fate then letting others force things upon you.

So.. ya killed yerself. Rather then be able to prove your innocence. Then ya had Folks that had been convicted of necromancy before.. and thats what ya were accused of.. go and get a confession er apology and stuff.. oh yeah ya sound legit...

Aggravain said:
Then ya had Folks that had been convicted of necromancy before.. and thats what ya were accused of.. go and get a confession er apology and stuff..

For the record, nobody who was convicted at the "trial" during tourney has ever been convicted of necromancy before. Furthermore, in her curtness of tongue, Amaris made our "coercion" of Raven sound much more physical then it actually was. We merely informed him that the Biata Council was to be informed, and it would look better (and probably end better) if he presented himself to them instead of Aramis going to them and the Council having to come find him. I know some people look to their leaders to be their role models and act as they do, but next time try not to be so quick to judge until all the facts have been presented.

-Redcloud

Lets not allow ourselves to get to far off the topic.

The fact is, Amaris never cast the necromancy. So anything she did or didn't do to avoid her trial isn't fishy or "legit" Man-at-arms. its Honorable and Courageous from some points of view... I think she felt the "deck" was stacked against her, she had a reputable Squire carry punishment on her with a convincing story. She is an acquaintance of Black Forest, and we all know the charges and actions of late that was brought against them, and from their points of view how they feel how their whole accusations and trial was very poorly carried out.(I am not accusing anyone, I am not picking sides, im stating facts and the points of views, please no one take offense).

Amaris was cornered, she was outnumbered, and she had her own conviction. She knew in her heart she was innocent and I think she wanted time to prove it. I would like to think that if Raven never came forward to clear her name, she would of gathered information and evidence, built a case and still ultimately would of stood trial, but at least had a defense. Remember ULTIMATELY WE CANNOT RE-STRENGTHEN OUR SPIRITS! Being Obliterated can not be taken back, it is sad she even had to Kill herself, but it was a better option for her at that point of time, in her opinion, and now knowing the facts we do about this whole situation, her actions that day to take her life, well that is Courage and Honor.

And of coarse her actions, or this whole situation and points of view would be different if she was guilty, but the fact was, she was not...

Let's not get mixed up in insults or who or why an apology was extracted. I know Black Forest are tough and been around a long time. But I also know for a fact Raven is not gonna be bullied into doing anything he doesn't want to do..... It was his place to apologize, and it is Aramis place to accept it or not.

In the end Aramis is a victim, she was wrongfully accused and even now after we know the charges were false, some still frown on her. Some times some damage and wounds take time to heal. But Raven is also a victim, to himself, he openly admits he made a poor decision, he is no longer on the path of Nobility and he is seeking redemption and forgiveness. But most important he is holding himself accountable.

We got off base her. Raven has apologized, and the subject is still sensitive to Aramis. Remember this from here out, Let's not stray to far from those facts.

-Squire, Commander Ithica

Redcloud,

I appreciate the clarification and believe you. Thank you for speaking up.

Squire ithica,

I sent you a missive explaining a few things sir. I wont speak further on this topic.

Grim

Duke Frost said:
So you're implying an apology was extorted out of him by a group that contains convicted necromancers?

You're right, an apology is meaningless under those circumstances.

Drakonios DarkTalon
Amani Ranger

Common Drak...really? I thought we were friends all this time for years. "convicted" at a sham-shotty trial on the basis of someone saying we did something, with absolutely no evidence...that had to be almost a decade ago? Really???

The only reason why we left was because to accept the sentence and take the death would label me as a "necromancer". That brand will never go away...but to flee, refuse to accept the trial, and proclaim our innocence and fight for it only makes me a criminal against the lands of Fairdale. Being called and labled a criminal I can live with...I been doing it for years when I was involved in the Oakwood murder...but being called and labled a Nercomancer...I just can't do it...I refuse to.

Then focus your energy on clearing YOUR name, have you and others of Black Forrest taken measures to back your beliefs and self convictions? I ask honestly, I sadly, have heard of none... And the more you jump in and proclaim innocence, the more energy is wasted... Facta-Non-Verba... Actions not words. Whats done is done, only your actions can change the outcome, well unless the accuser comes forth and says it was all a Lie (i am not saying it was or was not, I know nothing and knew none of you 10 years ago, i am simply stating 'woulda-coulda' scenarios, no one take offense... )

But your fleeing to avoid trial has not brought closure to your case. Your case is much different then Aramis....

Aramis is openly cleared, her spirit can not be mended for her self inflicted death, and that is the weight Raven must carry and those that were involved.

I only responded to your comments this time, because last time when you lashed out in this realm and openly attacked the Nobles i took it personally and responded in a deserving callous and condescending manner, this time you spoke different and I truly heard what you had to say, and I think it warranted a different, respectful response from myself. Of coarse You could easily careless what I have to say, and you certainly do not need to hear my words if you wish, it is your choice.

However I asked earlier to please let's stick to the facts of this particular situation.

Raven has apologized and suffered consequences for his actions, and Aramis can accept the apology or refuse it if she so pleases. But if WE ALL continue to pull out the worst in each other, and throw out comments or bend the words of each other to our own benefits or points of view. Forgiveness and Redemption will never come to be.

Ithica said:
Then focus your energy on clearing YOUR name, have you and others of Black Forrest taken measures to back your beliefs and self convictions? I ask honestly, I sadly, have heard of none... And the more you jump in and proclaim innocence, the more energy is wasted... Facta-Non-Verba... Actions not words. Whats done is done, only your actions can change the outcome, well unless the accuser comes forth and says it was all a Lie (i am not saying it was or was not, I know nothing and knew none of you 10 years ago, i am simply stating 'woulda-coulda' scenarios, no one take offense... )

Sorry, have to chime in here...Hard to prove a case when its literally a he-said she-said case. It's a matter of a jaded, scorned, crazy (so crazy she even changed her name) woman who created this story in her head, remembering every detail, except for who the other 2 people were that we on that adventure (you know we all always go with 5 other people).

Also hard to prove a case when Eros is over heard telling Sir Ivan that the facts don't matter. That Daralassia is telling Lyle that since I keep talking (I call it Defending) she will go against me for it (so much for the facts and hearing both sides). As well, having a noble member that took part of that decision making and take an Amnesia after (guilt any one?).

Ithica said:
But your fleeing to avoid trial has not brought closure to your case. Your case is much different then Aramis...

You are 100% true on this one. This is a case of fact and truth. Another person that made up a story and got caught. Wait...sound very similar except for the last part.

Ithica said:
Raven has apologized and suffered consequences for his actions

This is where you are wrong. He did not suffered consequences. Duke Frost told him sentenced him, I only wonder if it still stands?

In the end Ithica there is no hope for us, the decision was made before we were in the tavern that night. There is no "Forgiveness and Redemption" because "justice" in those lands "will never come to be".

QUOTE: In the end Ithica there is no hope for us, the decision was made before we were in the tavern that night. There is no "Forgiveness and Redemption" because "justice" in those lands "will never come to be".

That is your right to feel that way Gilwing... But you do not truly feel it is too late....Why do any of you bother to jump in on a lot of topics, specially ones regarding actions in Icenia, speaking of your situation, and reminding everyone of how were treated unfairly and wrongfully accused and Sentenced.... Those are not the actions of a person who has all but given up seeking the truth of this matter, and making everyone else see it. I were in your position, and I felt I was wrongfully accused and sentenced I would not give up seeking the purification of my name, across any lands.

I understand how you feel Gilwing, I wish I had the power to look back 10 years and truly see if what your accuser says is really true or not.

As for Raven, I assure you he was punished. Honestly what would you see come to him? He technically did not Kill Aramis, So that brings you to Assault and Battery and deformation of character or slander, what is that a 5 gold fine? ( I am not making lite of this situation, I am giving a perspective from a different point of view, A view I think you would take if this were a BLack Forrest member in question)

But he has suffered more then a typical Battery charge.......He is no longer Squire, a path he worked very hard on for such a long time, and he carries the death of Aramis on his shoulders anyway. He also has to see of what could of happened do to his actions, an obliteration and Mark if she was convicted, that is what he nearly/could of caused..... In the end it is not what happened. You have poor decision making and assault & battery. The circumstances of which is a heavy jacket he now wears.

And now a sincere apology, with all pride swept aside and with shame...... That has been kicked aside do to all of us polluting this topic of discussion.

His Circumstance are not beyond forgiveness and redemption. However again, it is Aramis decision when, if ever she decided to.

Aramis, a lot has gotten lost in all this dilly-dally, shilly-shally. Either way if you come to Icenia you can probably speak to Raven directly, or you can come just for the gathering, do not feel you are not welcomed here.

And by Aramis, Ithica means Amaris. Normally I don't correct people in the dream realm, but Aramis (His Grace, Duke of Ashbury and current voice of the Mons Regalis) is quite different from Amaris the Biata. I mean no disrespect though Squire, just clarifying in case other dreamers get confused.

-Nathan

Ithica,

Thank you for you words, but at time i feel you are a bit to pure of mind to uderstand the depth of some of this. I mean no disrespect by saying this. You just seem to have a very optimistic point of veiw.

As for the trials with Black Forset I believe that a world of proof would not change sir Eros's mind, as Gilwing said his mind was made up way before the trial event took place. I also think its strange that people claim Black Forset to be this horrible group but after be falsely accusted and a shame of a trial, they still were willing to save the town less then an hour later when they asked for help.

To be honest I feel that most of you dislike them becuase they do not show fear when most of you do. they are very brave and may have different motivation then you but we all have our own reasons for doing things. Just becuase you do not always agree with this does not mean that people should be so quick to jump to conclusions about their past.

as for feeling unwelcome in Icenia outside of my home I have felt unwelcome since i left to start adventuring. I feel that for the most part the adventures in the lands hate things and people that do not follow along with what they feel is the right course and the proper way of doing things. They dislike people who talk are think differently then them. Now when i say this I dont not mean each and very person, I am making a general statuement about how i feel. please dont get on this dream and rant at me about how you are not this way and such and how I am wrong. Becuase weither all of you like it or not I am aloud to state my opinion unless they have outlawed that as well.

Amaris Genevine Lovik

You are warranted your opinion. But your comment "To be honest I feel that most of you dislike them becuase they do not show fear when most of you do." Has really hit me in the wrong place.

If there is one thing I will not be associated with, is being called or even generally referenced to that of a coward....I do not travel with cowards, I do not fight beside cowards....

*Ahem...

Anyway I did not know that most of us disliked them first of all... And i do not think you traveled long enough in Icenia to get to know the people to make a statement like you did, about who does or does not like Black Forrest for whatever reason. But they are not the model adventurer everyone wishes to be, they are not any more fearless or any braver then most of the other people I know. But Black Forrest are your companions and your loyalty to them is understood. But my loyalty is to the people of Icenia.

I tried to honor the apology Raven made, and tried to help focus on that and how you would take it. But if you make your argument a grander scale, by using the words "Most of you", and you make the situation that happen to you an argument about what happened to Black Forrest as a hole... Well then my first offering of advice is a mute point, And i will withdraw from further comment on the matter revolving around the accusations made against you.

I am sory that I offened you. But once again this is just my opinion.
I was not refuring to you when i said "To be honest I feel that most of you dislike them becuase they do not show fear when most of you do."
I know you are brave both on and off the battle field. I am not say this to be rude, maybe I spoke to quick and the heat of this descussion has got me a bit off the edge. I aplogize to you ithica, and if my words offened you.

Ithica said:
As for Raven, I assure you he was punished. Honestly what would you see come to him? He technically did not Kill Aramis, So that brings you to Assault and Battery and deformation of character or slander, what is that a 5 gold fine? ( I am not making lite of this situation, I am giving a perspective from a different point of view, A view I think you would take if this were a BLack Forrest member in question)

But he has suffered more then a typical Battery charge.......He is no longer Squire, a path he worked very hard on for such a long time, and he carries the death of Aramis on his shoulders anyway. He also has to see of what could of happened do to his actions, an obliteration and Mark if she was convicted, that is what he nearly/could of caused..... In the end it is not what happened. You have poor decision making and assault & battery. The circumstances of which is a heavy jacket he now wears.

Please remember what I said "Duke Frost sentenced him, I only wonder if it still stands?"

Can this end already?

I am no fan of the nobility, as any such system is against the natural order. But the constant haranguing of Sir Eros is an old, old song that has been sung badly and off key for a decade.

Amaris, perhaps you should travel a bit more before you present yourself as an expert on...well...just about everything. You are an inexperienced baby bird of an adventurer, only recently shoved out of the nest and barely able to fly. You are lucky indeed that the Ashbury nobility, who wield great power in these lands, is patient and forgiving. The nobility of a mere decade ago would have seen your corpse hanging from a tall oak tree for your poisonous and ill informed words.

I jump to no conclusions about the past of the Black Forest. I was there. I was there before they were. I've seen their evolution. You've seen what, months? A year

At one time I often travelled with Calis, their defacto leader, who turned out to be the most vile of traitors and consorted with the most evil of beings.

I was on the court of the Ash Forest under Agnar and Azreal before they were, and left because the court did not serve the Forest, but only served its own greed and ambition.

I was there when Robert Oakwood was murdered and they claimed that Guildmistress Natasha lied, the same woman who sacrificed her permanent life to Amora Dunn to save all of Tar Navaria.

As Ithaca has said, deeds, not words. They have much to prove before they are redeemed, if they ever can be.

As for the trial, past crimes are taken into account in trials. It's in the laws of Ashbury. I'm a "wild elf" and even I know this. Reputations are taken into account when the truth of words are weighed. It is the way of things, in the city and at the campfires of the Kiergani.

And now, they have chosen to leave the lands. And that likely may be for the best. You have your apology. They have their sentence. Why not go peacefully and build new lives somewhere else? Spend your energies following the path of redemption and righteousness? Constanly squawking about how terrible Sir Eros and others are merely make you look like spoiled children who have broken their favorite toy through their own carelessness and now demand the toy of another.

Drak

Weren't you wanted by the law Drak?

Gilwing said:
Weren't you wanted by the law Drak?

Not that I recall. And even if I was, it is not germain to this discussion.

Perhaps you are thinking of my very first visit to Ashbury City in th spring of 596, where the Baron of Nordenn, at the time Bretton, ordered me to stop walking away. I did not obey, being fresh from the forest. I was forcefully required to stop by Sir Kirath slicing me to ribbons from behind. The baron then healed me and gave me a pretty talk about obeying nobility.

I also once assaulted Duke Bryan while under mind controlling effects. I spoke to Duke Bryan afterwards and no charges were ever brought up. Not long later, I worked very amicably with Duke Bryan in trying to broker better understanding between the Kiergani and the nobilty. While I still dislike the the nobility system and think it is against the natural ways of things, I am very aware that there are many good people that are part of this system.

These are the only two incidents that I can think of that would even marginally resemble me being wanted by the law.

I still fail to grasp what this has to do with the current discussion, except perhaps that you are trying to discredit my words.

Drak

Hi Drak,

I mentioned in a previous dream realm message what my intentions were, as well as the rest of Black Forest. I sold all my holding in Ashbury and Dockside, closed my 2 businesses and packed up and left peacefully and quitely. I have no intentions of returning to Fairdale for reasons that I stated above. Myself and my family have moved on with no trouble caused.
We "Constanly squawking about how terrible Sir Eros and others are" as you put it...is mearly a warning to everyone else that stays in Fairdale that this could easily happen to you, or anyone else. A death sentence can be carried out on the grounds of someone mearly saying you committed a crime, without any witnesses, or one shread of evidence. Truely think about the madness behind that...really think about it...

I know how you feel about nobility, and we are on the same way of thinking.I have been through 3 turns of rulership in Ahsbury like you, from the honorable Duke Bryan, to the Great Duke Arimes, and now to Duke Frost. Its funny how people only remember the bad and not the good we have done. Like yourself, we have battled all the bad guys from A to Z for over 15 years....so when you say we "look like spoiled children who have broken their favorite toy" if by favorite toy meaning pretty much losing my home for the past 15 year??? Well then yea I guess you can say that. I don't have the long life span you do Drak. You will live for hundreds of years because you were born an elf, while us humans barely have half a century if were lucky...so losing pretty much 1/3 of my life to someone "wispering and fingerpointing" saying I did something that will pretty much brand me a necromancer for the rest of my life then...yea...it kinda hurts.

But anyway, thank you Squire Ithica for the kind words and being understanding to my way of thinking. My choice has been made and if we do meet up in other lands I do hope, as well as my entire team, that we are still friendly as we were in the past.

Drak, if you still see me as a "convicted Nercomancer" well then Im sorry to lose you as a friend, but I hope it hasn't come to that.

Luigie
Stormlord of Black Forest
Elemental Hunter
BFFL

Back