Public service message regarding Miswoken/Malwoken

Good people of Caldaria,

This past gather I was made aware of what appears to have been a grave mishap involving a group of dryads commonly referred to as "miswoken."

I don't claim to have all the information, but from what I've heard it seems several months ago a group of adventurers had an encounter with a group of miswoken that resulted in several deaths.
Please know that miswoken are physically and thus legally still mortal dryads - Children of Autumn. Though they may be confused, upset or even violent, they are not intrinsically corrupt or physically monstrous. In short, they are still citizens. They are protected under the law.

Malwoken, on the other hand, are monstrous, corrupt, and no longer under legal protections, unless otherwise ordered by the nobility.
Please be careful to verify whether any potential adversaries you encounter are indeed misworken or malwoken, as it must at the very least guide how you treat such individuals with regards to the law.
If you do end up in a conflict with miswoken please be certain to do all that you can to resolve such conflicts without violence. In the event that violence cannot be avoided, please do what you can to subdue rather than kill, as these individuals are not necessarily beyond redemption.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to write to me or speak with me at the next full gather.
In service,
Squire Heresy Goshawk
Order of the Golden Flame

Goodman Squire Heresy,
Are there any distinguishing marks to their appearence to tell them apart? Does a Malwoken change in appearence in anyway? And do they identify themselves as such (miswoken or malwoken)?
Trevor Dae

As one who recently woke, confused, disoriented, and effected by an overall taint in the area I had slumbered, I would first suggest looking at what they are doing, and how.

Generally, our kin do not attempt to claw at foes, spit poison, or hurl bolts of acid or chaos. If someone is doing so, they are most likely Malwoken.

Lairn

Goodman Lairn,
Thank you for your reply. As someone who has yet to encounter a miswoken or a malwoken, this information will go a long way toward helping me avoid any mishaps in the future.
Trevor Dae

Goodman Lairn,
Please educate yourself before you speak inaccurately. I can assure you, Miswoken can be sufficiently physically corrupted as to be able to spit acid and claw foes. It was myself and several others who awoke in these terrible conditions and encountered the adventures, whom we wished to repel and who saw fit to slay us. It was I who spoke with Squire Heresy to provide further information regarding what occurred and what the Reclaimers would like to see in the future.

Squire Heresy,
Thank you for addressing the adventures on this matter. I hope that they will now have a better understanding that if they encounter Children of Autumn who are defending their territory and are hostile, as well as potentially physically corrupted, those dryads may be Miswoken. Such Dryads may be temporarily incable of reason but likely capable of reformation given time and good influence. Upon ressurection, the physical corruption was cleansed, and we are learning who we are.

Malwoken are necromancers and monsters. They are an entirely different problem than non-necromantic but Miswoken citizen race Dryads.

Ruth of the Reclaimers

Back