Purchasing Items with Gob?

Sheakhan

Adept
So, I heard somewhere that you can use gob to purchase mundane items (I'm assuming by converting it to coin first).
I'm curious if this requires the Merchant skill, or if it can be done between events, and if it applies to items like workshops and spell book ink?

It doesn't require the Merchant skill.

Per the ARB, pg 149,

Production Points and/or Coins: For each Goblin Point turned in, you can receive one Production Point which can then be used to “purchase” coins, scrolls, potions, elixirs, gasses, traps, weapons, or armor. During checkin, state what you wish to use the Goblin Points for and Logistics will provide the item(s). You cannot spend more than one hundred Goblin Points per regular event (two gamedays). For modules (25% Experience) you can spend twenty-five; for long weekends (worth 150%), that’s one hundred and fifty.

Spell ink doesn't have production points, so the cost of adding spells to your spell book is based on your local chapter. Currently, the cost in Alliance Seattle is 2 copper per spell level.

Assuming I have only an empty book, I could receive a spellbook tag
By putting individual spells into it?

You would need another players spell book.

I was aware of that, however I don't need a full spellbook, and an alchemy book is easily obtained by borrowing someone's and copying it.

So, the best thing for you to do is to acquire a spell book IG that has all the spells you want, and during Logistics, request a copy. The spells you're copying will cost 2 copper per spell level. You can copy all the spells, some of the spells, doesn't matter. Logistics will provide you with a new spellbook tag accordingly.

Hope that helps!

Raaadical, now to find someone to trust Roann with their spellbook. :p glad he's not an earth caster of nobody would.

You can use Goblin Stamps to get full spell books for 600 Goblin Stamps or an almost full Alchemy book (lacking Love#9 and Amnesia) for 300 Goblin Stamps. See here for the lowdown.
I knew I had read it several times in the last month. The link is broken, the posting removed maybe?

Go to Seattle -> General -> Announcements. There is a ritual list purchase list. it wont let me paste the url.

We are currently in the process of revising the Seattle goblin stamp policies, so we have taken down the post until we can replace it was applicable policy. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Back