Question about a costume piece

Hibryd

Hey, not sure if this is the right place for this, but a friend of mine suggested that I talk to a LARP community.
I'm an artist from Melbourne, Australia. I have recently begun creating a Sharman/Witchdoctor style headdress, it is made from a mixture of synthetic and real animal parts, (feathers and a goat skull). I was going to sell it on my Etsy store or eBay but I don't know how much a community such as yourselves would pay for such an item. I don't wish to sell it for too much, ( i don't want to offend anyone, nor end up on r/dillusionalartists) but I also don't want to sell it for too little, hindering any possibility of future projects. I will attach photos once completed, (soon, hopefully).
List of products and their price:
Sun-hat (base) - $7
Faux-fur - $14
Brown material - $10
Leather Straps - $8
Goat skull - $120
Crow feathers - Free but I spent 3 days collecting them :/
Total so far: $159
Feel free to E-Mail me or follow my Instagram for updates on progress
E-Mail: Hibrydsart@gmail.com
Instagram:Hibrydart

So, you'd probably want to ask a Paladin to move this to Marketplace or Art, Costuming, and Props, but my rule of thumb is materials plus at _least_ whatever median hourly wage is in your area times the number of hours it takes you to make it. It'll be high, but you're doing a one of a kind item.

Depending on hours worked, and you should include your feather scavenging in that total, you're probably looking at $200-$250 minimum; like MaxIrons said, your time has value, and it's a unique piece, so price it accordingly, especially if you want to be able to continue to make similar things with expensive parts (like another $120 goat skull).

Back