Question regarding new laws.

Realis

I have a quick question regarding the new law dealing with nobles being able to pass judgment on mockery matters. How does this interact with the oath of fealty rulings in game, where the baron or baroness of a sworn persons house are the ones to pass judgment on them in the case of non-treasonous crimes? If this has already been settled, sorry for re-asking, just haven't been able to find any information.

Example: Person A is accused of mockery by Lord B, but person A is sworn to house A. Lord B wishes to pass judgment, but Baron A wishes to handle the case them selves, what happens?

If a crime is between a member of two different courts, the Barons of those courts have the power to get together and decide how to try the case. Either or both of them can try it. It again goes to the Magistrate to sign-off on since it is on Ducal lands.

I was under the impression that the ruling announced early in the year was even in the Ducal lands, unless it was a major crime, it could be handled by your sworn lord. If thats not correct, could you tell me what exactly the established ruling with fealty as it was announced i want to say april or may i think?

Per explanations from multiple IG sources, you're correct, with a caveat. Other lords can punish non-noble members of another court, but can expect to get slapped down for doing so. So if BaronyA member wrongs BaronyB member, BaronyABaron should punish BaronyA member. If they don't, duchess slaps them. If BaronyBBaron punishes BaronyA member, they may get a lecture, but aren't entirely wrong. If it's noble members, it's a different debate entirely.

I was correcting Realis' correction, but yeah. I'm going by what the duchess tells me IG. ;-) Long story short, if someone from one barony wrongs a member of another, you're essentially SoL unless the person's baron or the duchess wants to deal with it or you want to resort to illegal remedies.

Back