Questions about Camp Roganunda

Checking the weather for the event I have found that it looks to be cold and wet.

anyone else know anything?

Cymryc

Do we know what the firewood situation is? Do we have to bring our own or can we buy on site or is it free or should should we bring our own? Also are there outdoor firepits? Are there any structures that could be used as secondary kitchens? It sounds like the kitchen won't hold 10 hungry people trying to cook food at once so I was thinking of bringing a camp stove or two. Another question is NPC food still going on or do the NPC's need to make their own food?

There's a shared fire pit up amidst the cabins and the lodge itself has a fire place.

Food recommendations for this site are easy to prepare ones folks. Canned soups, cup o' noodles, granola bars, etc. Stuff that you can store under your bed or in your car and grab when you want to eat it. Keep things needing to be kept cold to a minimum or make sure you have a cooler and ice packs that will last the whole weekend. Still, try to keep it to ready serve or minimum prep. Sandwich fixins, cold pre-cooked chicken, etc.

It's not the best of fare for a weekend event, but you'll probably be a lot happier not trying to share the bit of kitchen space with the rest of the sardines trying to get in there.

I don't remember the firewood situation myself. Never hurts to bring your own bundle.

There is an option of renting the larger kitchen, but this would end up costing $200 more for the weekend. In orderto be able to afford this, I would ether need someone to donate the money or to raise the price for this weekend only. If there is a consensus as to wanting to have this building, I would also need someone with a food handler's card to run the kitchen (legal responsibilities of the camp) or they could cook for us at the cost of $6.00/person per meal. Given these considerations, I did not get the largekitchen for this event...

Should these things not be a concern, it is not too late to add it.

I will plan not to use the kitchen and bring my own cookware and cooking devices.

(Seriously the two minute edit limit is stupid.) I will also bring a bit of firewood since I have an abundance at my house. I will bring as much as I can fit.

YAY! :headbang:

Logistics will open at 4-5:00 (when they arrive and get set up). Game on will be as soon as you are through logistics.

Nice!! Early game.. ^_^ (Oh and I need to ask.. Dave did you get my PM i sent a while back?? Its really important..)

Can anyone who has been to Rogie remember if there is a microwave in the kitchen?

Holly

Dave;19292 said:

I am glad I just caught this. The address and directions listed on the above website are not correct. After reading them and noticing that they had the camp sitting in the middle of downtown Yakima I called the site. That address is for their office building, NOT for the camp. The actual address for the Camp Roganunda is:
3200 Old River Road, Naches 98937

In addition I had the camp fax me directions, which I have copied below. You will notice that these directions are not from Seattle or Portland, and therefore a little work is needed on your part to get there. But I figured it is a start.

From the Lower Valley and Tri-Cities:
* Take Interstate 82 N to Yakima
* Take exit to HWY 12
*Go through Naches to the junction of HWY 12 and HWY 410
*STAY on HWY 410 (Chinook Pass) and go through Cliffdell, past Whistlin' Jack Lodge
* About 1/2 mile past Whistlin' Jack Lodge is the turn off for the camp. It is a left turn and is marked by a sign indicating Camp Roganundra and Boulder Cave.
*Cross the bridge, turn right. On the left, about 1/2 mile down the road is the parking lot.

From Enumclaw:
The drive is 70 miles and takes almost 2 hours.
* Take HWY 410 over Chinook Pass. The camp is about 26 miles after the summit pass.
* You will pass the Bumping Lake turn off.
* Watch for the Camp Roganundra/Boulder Cave sign and turn right
* Cross the bridge, turn right. On the left, about 1/2 mile down the road is the parking lot.

Chinook pass is closed DO NOT TAKE 410 FROM THE WEST SIDE. You will not be ableto get through. you must take your best rought to Yakima and go from there.

Slice;19393 said:
Can anyone who has been to Rogie remember if there is a microwave in the kitchen?

Holly

We are planning on bringing one just in case. You are welcome to use it Holly.

Back