[.11] Questions about the packet

Draven

Count
1) Can Foundation/Magistarium Strike be used for a KB?

2) The cost for Weapon Prof/Backstab changed in the requirement, but this isn’t highlighted, and probably should be.

3) The Strike rules use packet rules, but Weapon Disarm/Shatter Strike rules seem to imply that they can only target the item they’re striking, given their examples. Considering the Strike rules, where I hit shouldn’t matter (if I hit you in the leg and call Weapon Strike Shatter Sword), right?

#1: Yes; a KB counts as the single "swing" for that.
#2: Can you clarify what you mean? The prereqs changed, but the cost for WP/BS itself shouldn't have.
#3: Yup. "Weapon Strike Shatter Shield" can hit the target anywhere that a packet would and take effect.

The pre-reqs dropping from 4 to 2 is what I meant, yeah.

4) With the glorious return of Pin, does Bind revert to the original functionality?

5:

Ingested poisons are mixed into food and drink somewhat differently. Once applied, the pertinent tag must be attached to the food or drink container which has been poisoned and will stay until either (a) the poisoned item is first ingested, in which case the person imbibing the poisoned item will be affected and the tag then removed; or (b) the first piece of poisoned food or drink is transferred from that container, in which case the tag should be moved with the poisoned food, leaving the rest of the container clean.

—So if someone has a plate of biscuits and they’re poisoned, Zeth, who smells the poison, could take the first biscuit and throw it in the trash, leaving the remaining biscuits completely fine?

Could someone have multiple poisoned food tags on a single container, so that the first food can be removed but the remaining can still be poisoned?

4. Yes, Pin and Bind are as their current 1.3 implementations.
5. Yes (you can toss one biscuit to clear the plate) and no (only one tag per container).

The way higher manifestation is written seems to imply that someone with both kinds of channeling pools can use that high magic twice for an element and healing pool at the ready without the proper relic/wand. Is intended that I can take both healing and lightning and would I need to be a dual Formalist to do so?

Yes, someone with both schools of Formal Magic could take Higher Manifestation twice, once for a Foundation element and one for Healing or Chaos, and not need a Wand or Relic to manifest (that's the point of it). Separately, even if you have say only Celestial Formal, you could take Higher Manifestation twice and be able to manifest 2 separate elements without needing a Wand. Of course, then you can't use Wand Rituals with that channeling, but that's the tradeoff.

Yes. As an associated side note, the "Magic" effect/damage type is within the Evocation effect group now, not the Other effect group (has been for the entire 2.0 playtest period :) ).

Do you need one symbol per Manifestation?

An Earth Scholar needs to know.

Improved Channeling - Does one purchase affect all pools available to the caster, or one specific pool?

If, say, a Celestial primary shelled out for some Healing Channeling, does one Improved Channel boost both?

As currently written there is no option for Improved Channeling (Primary) or Improved Channeling (Secondary), so I would assume it'll buff both if you have both.

We might have just missed that, though. @Polare?

Improved Channeling will work for both pools if a caster has two, yes. Dual School casters aren't *completely* boned :)

Higher Manifestation: Yes, you need 1 symbol per Manifestation. Go Dual School and get all 6, for a limited time only! :D

You have coined the new name for that build.

"Your first Weapon Proficiency or Backstab now requires only 2 Critical Attacks or Back Attacks respectively"

Just to clarify, for fighter, the first weapon prof costs 9xp? 2 critical attacks at 3xp each + 3xp for weapon prof. Correct?
Then 12, 15, 18, 21, etc etc?

"Your first Weapon Proficiency or Backstab now requires only 2 Critical Attacks or Back Attacks respectively"

Just to clarify, for fighter, the first weapon prof costs 9xp? 2 critical attacks at 3xp each + 3xp for weapon prof. Correct?
Then 12, 15, 18, 21, etc etc?
Correct.

Two Critical Attacks = 6.
Turning that into a WP = 3

6 + 3 = 9.

Then it goes up by 3 each time from there.

I have a couple Storm spell questions:
  1. Currently in 1.3, the incantation is "I call forth a Magic Storm! Magic Storm! Magic Storm! ..." I just want to validate what the correct incantation is in 2.0. Is it:
    1. I evoke a Magic Storm! 10 Spell Magic! Magic Storm! 10 Spell Magic! ... ?
    2. I evoke a Magic Storm! 10 Spell Magic! 10 Spell Magic! 10 Spell Magic! ... ?
  2. May the caster change the damage type (Magic, Stone, Lightning, Ice, Flame) from packet to packet, or is it chosen on casting and cannot be changed?
  3. Is there any verbal activation of Storm Augmentation?
  4. Is a Storm considered to be without duration? I see it is Concentration, but if you cast a Storm with Storm Augmentation active, and you only throw some (say 5) of the packets, would the Storm still be active hours later (assuming no use of abilities that break Concentration)?
Just to make sure, but I presume Greater Wand cast on a Staff may only affect the Channel of the aspect the ritual caster chose at the time of ritual casting? You cannot cast a single Greater Wand ritual on a Staff and use it for both Celestial and Earth aspects, right?

Back