[.11] Questions about the packet

The ARB does not require a call for anything that isn’t “No effect,” including healing. While many chapters have LCO calls for such things, such a rule doesn’t exist at the ARB level.

That being said, I object to there being an ability that has no visual effect like all other abilities in the game, which we represent with a verbal call. It’s a thematic exception that seems to exist purely to make Necromancy more “worth it.” I appreciate the intent, but I dislike the execution.

Agreed, it seems like something that can introduce unnecessary potential for confusion over how effects are being taken and bad assumptions regarding conduct.

The ARB does not require a call for anything that isn’t “No effect,” including healing. While many chapters have LCO calls for such things, such a rule doesn’t exist at the ARB level.

That being said, I object to there being an ability that has no visual effect like all other abilities in the game, which we represent with a verbal call. It’s a thematic exception that seems to exist purely to make Necromancy more “worth it.” I appreciate the intent, but I dislike the execution.

Paralysis...

Paralysis...

To my knowledge, there’s no way to use Paralysis on someone without verbally informing them of the fact.

I’m not even sure how you’d accomplish that. Also, “Are you visually Paralysed?” is a thing.

In section 2.2 Defenses, Riposte is referenced as a Return defense, while in the appendix A1.1 it is listed as a smart guard.

While we're revising the ARB, can we get a clearer wording on Florentine. As written it implies that you can buy that skill and use weapons without an underlying Weapon skill. It has no pre-req and starts with: "This skill allows the character to hold and
use two weapons in combat, one in each hand."

For the purposes of Hardy, are first event characters level 1 or level 2?

Just confirming...
The only difference between Parry and Evade now is that Parry can be optionally used as an intercept + guard and Evade can only be used as a guard?

-MS

And that Parry is required for Spell Parry, as I believe that it’s been reverted to 1.3 usage.

If Berserked and then Charmed by the guy I was Berserking at (on?), what happens?

Other than hilarious inner conflict where you want to throat punch your new best pal.

I suspect you’d want to attack him, but the Charm would be giving you -just enough- control to not attack him. Like, in the haze of red, you feel an instinct to not hit him. Maybe you don’t even know why, you just don’t want to. (This would allow both the Charm and the Berserk to mechanically co-exist.)

Mechanically, since Charm will be command based:

Defend Me: You’d attack as Berserked anyone within range of your attacks, while defending the caster.

Follow Me: You’d follow the caster, while also attacking the crap out of anyone within weapon range.

Give your <items to me>: You’d only pause in your attacks long enough to complete this command, then resume beating anyone within range. Assuming you still have a weapon.

Heal Me: Same as above.

Return to normal: Still Berserked, and probably next to the caster.

....Also, this makes me want to make a character that can both charm and berserk, because that sounds like a hot combo.

Don’t tell the Sylvanborn.

Just confirming...
The only difference between Parry and Evade now is that Parry can be optionally used as an intercept + guard and Evade can only be used as a guard?

-MS
Parry can be used for Spell Parry and can be used for someone else, Evade can do neither of those. Evade can be stacked with Intercept as-written, to take a blow for someone else and then Evade it. How that would work in relation to flavor, I'm not entirely sure but it is possible.

Evade is "selfish parry".

....Also, this makes me want to make a character that can both charm and berserk, because that sounds like a hot combo.

Any alchemist. It’s madness!

Repel strike - States two handed weapon needed to use. Does this work with Bow/Crossbow since they are two handed weapons? Or is the intent only two handed melee weapons?

Life Leach - Is it intentional that it is limited to 200 healing with Term/Evis, even with the changes to both skills (Doom and 500 damage respectively)?

This packet brings back my favorite combo, berserk + shun. 'Go kill everything that's 10' away from me.'

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I figure it is best to ask.

If I use Riposting Strike and the skill I activate misses, can I Meditate the Riposting Strike back?

-MS

It mentions in the rulebook that Barbarians will have a choice to become Oathsworn or Human when the change to 2.0 goes into effect. Can humans have that option as well? It would thematically fit my character, as I am planning to do a Paladin build.

Also, about Channelling and Relics: Can a Relic be a wearable item, such as a rune-etched glove or pendant, while still respecting the wand rules (two handed item, no weapons, shields, potions, scrolls, etc in either hand) or is it more intended to be a trinket or prop?

As an example, I hold up my empty, gloved hand and touch a packet to it, or grab the pendant with one hand and touch a packet with the other.

Formal Magic is listed as a prerequisite for a few skills, but does not itself appear in the skill list. What are its costs and prereqs?

The costs and prerequisites for Formal Magic aren't changing from 1.3; you need one 9th-Level spell in the school (Celestial or Earth) you want Formals in, and for Scholars it costs 3 XP per rank.

Back