Questions for the plot teams, both new and old, and logistics...

Steve

Artisan
Hi there. My name is Steve Hachigian. I've recently begun having strange cravings. The urge to run around the forest, throw birdseed at people, and hit others with plumbing supplies has been growing over the past few months, and my doctor said this was some sort of support group for people like me. Are there any nice people out there who would be willing to explain how this group works?

In all seriousness, I'm worried my understanding of the rules and gameplay is severely out of date, so I'd like to get into contact with someone to discuss any possible changes that have come about since I last donned a beard. Are Mattt, Chad, Chris, or Travis willing to take a phone call with me at some point this week to fill me in on what I'm feeling is a large rules gap? Specifically, I'm trying to see if/how High Magic has changed, how Vacuum Packages work in general and with a golem body, and any other large change that has come about in the last four years or so (like Gypsy's being reworked?). I figured phone would be easier than typing it out via email, unless there's a link or two you could provide where I can read it all on my own.

To the Kalinthas Plot Team...
Are there any non-standard things I should know about? Is there like a little summary of where it is in the kingdom (or not in the Kingdom) and what not? Also, I'm bringing four complete newbies with me, so if there's anything I can do to help prepare them, please let me know. Three of them are really excited and could be long-time players, so I'm really hoping they have a great experience this event.

To Chris or Travis...
GJ said he thought one of you had the phys rep for the permanent magic mace Ashnar always uses. Do either of you have it or know where it is?

I'm looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks.

Stev(i)e

Hi Stev(I)e !

I’m Annette one of the new people persons (it is me and Evie :))

While I know you are not new - I would still love to help you and your friends !

Ian - is both usual logistics and one of the plot members for Kalinthis - he can help with a lot of stuff !

I look forward to meeting you! Let me know how I can help!

Annette

You can call me at anytime but. I can sum up your questions too.

Besides Selunari not much has changed. You've probably seen a lot of 2.0 stuff but, it won't affect this next game. High magic remains exactly the same.

We pretty much haven't had a golem player since you. We typically have considered golems as transforms. You can ask the Kalinthas team if they consider it the same (if you can buy 4 vs 1).

In regards to the Kalinthas stuff, this is their second full event. So things like maps and stuff probably just aren't there yet. You can read the boards to get about as much information as everyone else has. But, I think we're in a situation where everyone is learning.

I do not have your mace.

Thanks for the quick feedback and explanation Chris and Annette.

Chris, I have another few rules question. For the specific vacuum package "High Mage 2", it says, "It requires no levels of high magic to prepare a spellcraft. It still requires the components to be used and the scroll." As I read that, as long as I have the reagents and scrolls, I have spellcraft as many things as I want. Is that correct?

Second question. For the specific vacuum package "High Mage 3", it says, "You may spellcraft destroy magics rituals. Requires 3 reagents, destroys all magic
of the appropriate school on the target." So with those abilities combined, can you spellcraft as many DMs as you have reagents for without the need for a scroll because HM3 doesn't say you need the scroll, just 3 reagents?

Thanks for the quick feedback and explanation Chris and Annette.

Chris, I have another few rules question. For the specific vacuum package "High Mage 2", it says, "It requires no levels of high magic to prepare a spellcraft. It still requires the components to be used and the scroll." As I read that, as long as I have the reagents and scrolls, I have spellcraft as many things as I want. Is that correct?

Correct. Given an unlimited supply of reagents you could spell craft as many things as you'd like.

Second question. For the specific vacuum package "High Mage 3", it says, "You may spellcraft destroy magics rituals. Requires 3 reagents, destroys all magic
of the appropriate school on the target." So with those abilities combined, can you spellcraft as many DMs as you have reagents for without the need for a scroll because HM3 doesn't say you need the scroll, just 3 reagents?

Are you lookin at v1.5.0? HM3 still requires the scroll to be in your possession at logistics when you do your spell crafting and turning in the reagents. You just not longer need to keep it on you can cast from it like a battle magic scroll.

Are you lookin at v1.5.0? HM3 still requires the scroll to be in your possession at logistics when you do your spell crafting and turning in the reagents. You just not longer need to keep it on you can cast from it like a battle magic scroll.

Ya, I was looking at the 1.5 version. What I hear you saying is that it still needs a scroll even though it doesn't directly say that. It's an implied assumption because spellcrafting always requires the scroll at logistics. Is that correct?

And furthermore, because DM isn't an LCO buyable scroll, a player needs to find that scroll IG before they could actually spellcraft a DM using the vacuum package High Mage 3. Correct?

Also, thanks for answering all of my random and immediate questions, Chris. =)

Ya, I was looking at the 1.5 version. What I hear you saying is that it still needs a scroll even though it doesn't directly say that. It's an implied assumption because spellcrafting always requires the scroll at logistics. Is that correct?

You need to got to logistics to spellcraft. That's from page 139 in the rulebook.

Page 139 ARB 1.3 said:
At Logistics, the caster hands the required reagents to the Logistics staff, as specified on the ritual scroll. The caster must also give the ritual scroll to the Logistics staff, who will verify that the ritual scroll is valid. Logistics will then give the player one tag for each ritual studied.

You can't spellcraft on the fly.

And furthermore, because DM isn't an LCO buyable scroll, a player needs to find that scroll IG before they could actually spellcraft a DM using the vacuum package High Mage 3. Correct?
That would be correct. You can save high magic levels for the next day if you're gambling on trying to find one. Or, you could make friends and borrow the scroll. You only need it for a limited amount of time to study off of with HM 3.

Back