Questions of Waylays, amnesia, and killing blows

Firstly I need a refresher on the rules of Waylay attacks.

(What I recall of Waylay rules): You have to be behind someone in order for Waylay to work and they can't know your waylaying them (?). And you have to call however much body they have if you want to kill them (?).

Secondly, when delivering a killing blow, can you just deliver a killing blow without waylaying a person and if you can, are you still able to force feed them like say an amneisa potion?

3rd question was the obvious:
Must Waylay come before a killing blow? And When should the player character that has been killed and/or knock out be force fed something like an amnesia potion?

Lhrayven Glacierwind;18717 said:
(What I recall of Waylay rules): You have to be behind someone in order for Waylay to work and they can't know your waylaying them (?).
Sort of. You must be behind them, and they cannot be aware of your intent to waylay them.

And you have to call however much body they have if you want to kill them (?).
No, you must call out the amount of damage you are doing with your waylay. This number can be zero, or up to 1+the number of Backstabs you have.

Secondly, when delivering a killing blow, can you just deliver a killing blow without waylaying a person
Yes, such as if you have cast Sleep, Paralysis, or Web on them, or if they are willing to be Killing Blowed.

are you still able to force feed them like say an amneisa potion?
Yes, but if you feed them the amnesia after the killing blow, it will have no effect on their memory. (Quick note, Amnesia is available only as an elixir, not a potion, unless Plot does something out of the ordinary)

Must Waylay come before a killing blow?
No, but knocking out a dead body has never had much of an effect.

When should the player character that has been killed and/or knock out be force fed something like an amnesia potion?
Ideally, you should first incapacitate someone, via knocking them down to zero or -1 body or causing an incapacitating effect such as Waylay or Sleep. Then, feed them the Amnesia. Finally, apply the killing blow. It should be noted that while you can feed them the Amnesia while they are Paralyzed/Webbed/Confined, they will still have a memory of the moment after you fed them the Amnesia, so its not a sure thing.

If someone has been force feed Amnesia is there a way to manipulate their conciousness/subconciousness into believing it remembers false memories, events, etc?

(I remember JP you mentioned the last moment and I actually meant to ask this earlier)

Lhrayven Glacierwind;18719 said:
If someone has been force feed Amnesia is there a way to manipulate their conciousness/subconciousness into believing it remembers false memories, events, etc?
There is no way within the rules to force a character to remember things that did not occur. Some players may be interested in allowing a Stone Elf, Biata, or other character with "Mind Abilities" to do so, but this is not enforcable by the rules, and may be lost or removed by any means that the player so desires.

Back