Questions

Pyro727

Scholar
There are just some questions I've been asking Dav., and I thought I'd ask them again so ppl can get the info.

Are Ultra-Light Weapons allow?

Is there a lvl/build cap for the chapter?

Campsite info?

I'd like for ppl to keep up the questions. Info is a great thing have.

Are Ultra-Light Weapons allowed?

Yes, However ultralights must meet all our safety standards, the mostly likely points of failing safety is if the weapon is excessively light (generally caused by insufficent padding), or has an unsafe 'wippy-ness'.

Is there a lvl/build cap for the chapter?
Yes, The level cap at opening will be 155 build and is likely to stay at the level for a least a year, please plan accordingly. Also note that we have a unique (and restrictive) MI transfer policy.

Campsite info?

Campsite information will be posted once we announce our events. I can say that the two one day sites we are looking at both have power and a heated building, one of them also has running water, indoor bathrooms and a small kitchen, although it has a much smaller availability window. The overnight sites on our list all have available power, heated cabins, and running water.

Will you allow composite cores?

I'll have to get back to you on this one so I can talk to those better acquainted with such cores as I have not used them myself. But I'll be adding it to the agenda of our first official staff meeting tonight as something we need to make a decision on.

Lurin said:
Campsite info?

Campsite information will be posted once we announce our events. I can say that the two one day sites we are looking at both have power and a heated building, one of them also has running water, indoor bathrooms and a small kitchen, although it has a much smaller availability window. The overnight sites on our list all have available power, heated cabins, and running water.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I may be in the minority, but since my main PC is a full-makeup race, I am generally adverse to driving out for games without running water.

Sorry for the delay on this one, it took a bit of research to reach a conclusion.

Will you allow composite cores?

Currently Southern MN does not allow composite cores due to a lack of uniformity and a higher potential chance of breakage. This includes all weapon reps including bows as they are often used to block with.

What is your procedure to become a marshal in your chapter?

Do you have any marshals already (ex. weapons marshals)?

What is your procedure to become a marshal in your chapter

Each Marshall Category has its own requirements, safety marshalls for example are selected based on their experience and training. Weapon Marshalls are generally selected based on knowledge and craftmenship of physreps. Monster Marshalls are generally plot staff members with a strong knowledge of our game, any LCO effects or creatures. Ritual Marshalls are charged with the upkeep of the magic item and scroll database as well as marshalling such events in game.

Rules Marshalls is a bit more of an open category, any player that has been involved in Alliance for at least one year may take our 'Rules Marshall' test at any event. This is a time, closed book test and 90% is required as a 'passing' grade. You may take this test again as often as every 3 months if you fail to pass it the first time.

Currently we have a number of each type of Marshall excluding Rules Marshalls as that test has not yet been taken by anyone.

Lurin said:
What is your procedure to become a marshal in your chapter

Each Marshall Category has its own requirements, safety marshalls for example are selected based on their experience and training. Weapon Marshalls are generally selected based on knowledge and craftmenship of physreps. Monster Marshalls are generally plot staff members with a strong knowledge of our game, any LCO effects or creatures.

Rules Marshalls is a bit more of an open category, any player that has been involved in Alliance for at least one year may take our 'Rules Marshall' test at any event. This is a time, closed book test and 90% is required as a 'passing' grade. You may take this test again as often as every 3 months if you fail to pass it the first time.

Currently we have a number of each type of Marshall excluding Rules Marshalls as that test has not yet been taken by anyone.

Who are your marshals so far?

Back