Quick Couple of Questions...

Bilgewat3r

People can't cast multiple spells at once right? Because you have to throw the spell packet within 2 seconds of saying the incantation (or touch cast it) and that doesn't really leave very much room for another one within that time. But I'm positive (not nearly positive as I was just about to say, positive) that you can cast different spells one after another and such. I had another question but I forgot what exactly what it was at this point in time... :oops: :p I will most likely just reply to this thread if I can think of it or maybe another again. (So don't you unwatch this thread if you want to help in the future!)

EDIT1: AHA I thought of another question (though it wasn't my original forgotten one...) Can opposing sides use packets from the other side? For example if an enemy is throwing packets at you (let's say they're "arrows" or blue packets) and you're an archer or something of the sort, can you pick up those packets and throw them back? Using the proper techniques and things of course.

Last edited:
You can only cast one spell at a time. You have to complete the full incant, then throw the packet (or touch-cast the spell), and then you're available to cast the next spell.

You can pick up any packets on the ground and reuse them. Keep in mind for archery that you're limited to the number of arrows/bolts you have tagged, and you can only bring in as many arrow/bolt tags as you have room for in your quivers. See page 83 of the rulebook for details on that.

Thanks! And sorry you had to take the time to answer these mundane questions... Hopefully it wasn't too aggravating o_O

No worries, that's what these boards are for. :) There are tons of details about the game that are almost impossible to really pick up on until you've actually been to an event. If there's anything that's not clear from the rulebook, feel free to keep asking questions.

Ah! Yes! I think this might have been the missing question the other day or at least a similar one... Staffs are two handed weapons right? But does that only apply to wielding/combat/attacking? For example, say a staff wielder is talking to someone and a random whoknowswhateveritis comes up and attacks the staff wielder. Could the staff wielder just attempt to deflect the attack using only one hand on the staff?

Yes, you must have two hands on a staff to attack, but may block with just one hand holding it. (See pg 83.)

The Staff skill (Which is different than 2 handed blunt) specifically allows you to block with a staff one handed, and requires two hands to strike with.

I like to use 5 1/2" squares or sometimes 6" depending on the fabric. 7" squares might be a little large depending on how much seed you use in them. The rules state that a legal packet must fit into a 35mm film canister, which I've always taken to mean that the entire finished packet must fit in the canister (body, seed, rubber band, tail and all). That being said 35mm film canisters aren't as easy to find as they once were :)

I use 5.5" X 6" with about 1/4 to 1/3 oz (7-9 ml) of seed per pack.

Thanks! And thankfully I'm related to a photographer so I do have a few (and I do mean a few, like there's hardly any left) film canisters laying around from the past. Thanks again!

Another thing! If I have a character idea all ready and dandy but won't possibly be playing immediately, that character or otherwise, could I still register it with the system? Oh and something to go along with this I suppose. Everyone's given the same starting items and materials right? (Which is if I recall correctly ~12 coppers and a dagger?) So in order to use that dagger (at least effectively), one should probably purchase the skill small weapon first right? Thanks for all your patience everyone!

While I'm at it, how about another question for the packets? When it says it has to fit in a 35 mm film canister, does that mean with the lid on and either way would we be allowed to pack it in so the extra fabric doesn't count against us or do we just drop it in?

I think the canister is just a guide so your packets don't get out of hand. Packets to big or to small can injure someone.

You start with 12 copper, weapon tags corresponding to the weapon skills and reps you bring in, an armor tag for whatever you're representing (up to the max you can wear), a quiver of bolts or arrows if you start with archery, a spellbook if you start with spells, an alchemy recipe book if you start with alchemy, and possibly something else I'm missing. The details are on page 78. As for setting up a character in advance, contact the chapter you intend to play at.

Back